• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Can I ask what the SSS Flex Sobeks feel like? Is there a reason these aren't in Fossil?

Turns out these are firmer than SSS.

Reason being that the Sobek is actually a Honey reject. Plain and simple.
DaveMac ran a bunch of Honey's for Essential but they weren't what he wanted.
They were in fact everything that I wanted though. BEEEFY overstable utility mids.

So basically we are working through the stock that was made for Essential that Essential didn't want. They are however fantastic discs and I could not let the mold just collect dust on the racks. It is such a great flyer.

It is all in good fun. I'm happy to support what you have going on. Everyone I have turned on to the RDG stuff is impressed, esp with fossil plastic.

Keep up the good work sir.

I shared this awhile back in the Gecko thread but I'll share here. You can fit Zephyrs/Condors/etc. into a Gecko. Three of them fit and you can still use the water bottle holder, four fit easily but tightens the holder, and I haven't tried but I bet you could cram four in.

Just got back from a 2 Condor and Zephyr round... What a blast! Thanks to RDG for theGecko being able to fit wide diameter discs!

Came home to 3 fossil wizards waiting for me. Too soon to say for sure but I think I found my putting putter. Perfect grip and stiffness for me.

I shared this awhile back in the Gecko thread but I'll share here. You can fit Zephyrs/Condors/etc. into a Gecko. Three of them fit and you can still use the water bottle holder, four fit easily but tightens the holder, and I haven't tried but I bet you could cram four in.

Just got back from a 2 Condor and Zephyr round... What a blast! Thanks to RDG for theGecko being able to fit wide diameter discs!

:clap:

The Gecko is actually one of my favorite things that I have done with RDG. Bags don't make us a ton of money and the inventory is heavy but these are just tough little bags. I can't imagine ever really needing to replace my Gecko as it just is built like a tank. I am using my Grip so infrequently now that I am considering only rocking the Gecko for rounds.

Turns out these are firmer than SSS.

Reason being that the Sobek is actually a Honey reject. Plain and simple.
DaveMac ran a bunch of Honey's for Essential but they weren't what he wanted.
They were in fact everything that I wanted though. BEEEFY overstable utility mids.

So basically we are working through the stock that was made for Essential that Essential didn't want. They are however fantastic discs and I could not let the mold just collect dust on the racks. It is such a great flyer.

Just got my Sobeks a little while ago and I like this firm SSS plastic.
Will get them out tomorrow and see how they fly.
Def want to see how these mold up in Fossil... bet they'd be FAF.

Came home to 3 fossil wizards waiting for me. Too soon to say for sure but I think I found my putting putter. Perfect grip and stiffness for me.

:hfive:

Glad to hear it. I knew that these weren't as firm as some folks might hope but I was confident that they were some of the best Wizards ever to be run. Sounds like that might hold true for you!

Glad to hear it. I knew that these weren't as firm as some folks might hope but I was confident that they were some of the best Wizards ever to be run. Sounds like that might hold true for you!

The 170 & 171 are perfect firmness. The 175 has a hair more flex but is still real nice.

Eh. The first batch was absolutely rock hard. I thought I would like that for putting, but I'm finding out that its not that great. Feels great in the hand and putts great, but the super rigid plastic makes an absurd chain explosion when it connects and leaves a lot of opportunities for spit outs and bounce backs. If I putted on say Mach X's or similar all the time it be different, but with sketchy baskets they just have too much energy to not spit out sometimes. I think the slightly softer runs will be a good thing, as far as putting goes. Driving, on the other hand, is a totally different story. I'm hooked on my rock hard fossils for driving, and am really looking forward to a very long break in period. I know my Fossil fuels are at the house, can't wait to get my hands on em in a few hours

F'ing love RDG. Proud owner of 8 Scales (fossil and tar pit), 6 Fossil Serpants and now 2 Fossil Wizards.

Wasnt a huge fan of the serpent at first but made myself putt with it and now its just money. I love the sepent/scale combo. Cant wait to get the Wizards for throwing.

Jcass, how are the Raptor and Ptero flying for you? Thinking they'll need a big overhaul, a few tweaks, or are production ready?

Jcass, how are the Raptor and Ptero flying for you? Thinking they'll need a big overhaul, a few tweaks, or are production ready?

Been having a lot of discussion with Daredevil today actually.
We are on the verge of the first run. It seems financially we might only be able to run one mold to begin.

I'm leaning Raptor just bc it is becoming essential to my bag. Overstable Control driver that you can actually work a smidge of turn out of. They remind me a lot of a fresh X Predator.

But the Ptero is the more versatile flyer for most powers and is built off DD's best seller, the TWolf, so IDK Lol

I personally already have PDs and Firebirds so not sure what a Sabertooth would offer.

However a RDG FD-esq mold would be interesting. I do love my FDs...

Been having a lot of discussion with Daredevil today actually.
We are on the verge of the first run. It seems financially we might only be able to run one mold to begin.

I'm leaning Raptor just bc it is becoming essential to my bag. Overstable Control driver that you can actually work a smidge of turn out of. They remind me a lot of a fresh X Predator.

But the Ptero is the more versatile flyer for most powers and is built off DD's best seller, the TWolf, so IDK Lol

Hmmm. I'd go Raptor. Most of your molds have been "specialty" discs so far and sold well, I'd imagine the Raptor the will follow suit. Easier for people to replace utility/specialty discs Tha a workhorse slot. Just one man's opinion...

Also, full disclosure, the only predator I really liked were X preds, so this is also a selfish suggestion.

On the verge of a first run? Week, month, three months?

Hmmm. I'd go Raptor. Most of your molds have been "specialty" discs so far and sold well, I'd imagine the Raptor the will follow suit. Easier for people to replace utility/specialty discs Tha a workhorse slot. Just one man's opinion...

Also, full disclosure, the only predator I really liked were X preds, so this is also a selfish suggestion.

On the verge of a first run? Week, month, three months?

Could start running next week if I can decide which direction to go.

Could start running next week if I can decide which direction to go.

Well good luck with the decision. Honestly, either mold is going to sell like hotcakes to the DGCR crowd. I know I'll buy at least a few of each to start and then a stack to follow if I like them, which I'm sure I will.

Well good luck with the decision. Honestly, either mold is going to sell like hotcakes to the DGCR crowd. I know I'll buy at least a few of each to start and then a stack to follow if I like them, which I'm sure I will.

I agree. I trust you enough to bite. Everything else has instantly made the bag so...

If I could just get on that RDG tester team haha

Latest posts