• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge Roller !! "Production version"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone done any kind of Mods on their drink holders? I feel like that is the weakest part of this cart. They are a pain to adjust and don't always hold the bottles in place. Just wondering if anyone has modded this at all?

Has anyone done any kind of Mods on their drink holders? I feel like that is the weakest part of this cart. They are a pain to adjust and don't always hold the bottles in place. Just wondering if anyone has modded this at all?

ok..my secrets out... this is what I use. Never liked the cup holders that came with the RR.

http://therobocup.com/

Just played my first round with my Zuca and I must say I'm impressed. It was 85 and humid out and I barely broke a sweat wheeling it around where I would have been hurting after about 11-12 holes carrying my grip. Usually I'm exhausted after a round and just want to lay around for a few hours when I get home but now I feel damn good.

Home course is extremely hilly, no issues there. It handled rough terrain better than I expected too. 2 of our holes are nothing but fields of large rocks and it when I needed to carry it I didn't see much difference from carrying my grip by the top handle.

Great product and I'm glad I picked one up.

Just ordered mine from zuca. I keep reading where people mention the 32oz hydro flask fits in the drink holders. What about the 40? It's he same diameter, just taller. Also, how long did it take to come in after ordered? They all say the will not be ready until mid July on the website.

It will "fit" in that it can be jammed in there and stay put for a little while, but mine often fell out when hitting bumps, etc. If you want a more secure option, I recommend the velo orange mojave (what I use), or the arundel looney bin.

There'a a Ridge Roller Facebook page where a guy used 4" PVC, I'll be doing this this week for sure.

And yes holds a 40oz know problem..

13435447_1620759091569546_1031508107995447057_n.jpg

On which page? I was looking at the ridge roller page and it didn't show a place to put the code when I looked in the cart.

Just wanted to give some props to Zuca's customer service dept.

Have a rip along the seam on one of the bottom pockets from only after a month of use, took pictures sent them in and a week later a brand new bag just arrived.

No questions asked just great customer service, thanx, Zuca.

- Kevin

Grip A Series

Has anyone tried to fit an older Grip A series (model from 2013-14 without raised side pockets) in the backpack cart? Want to get the cart but not if I have to stuff and cram my bag in there and then have trouble accessing the side pockets.

Has anyone tried to fit an older Grip A series (model from 2013-14 without raised side pockets) in the backpack cart? Want to get the cart but not if I have to stuff and cram my bag in there and then have trouble accessing the side pockets.

I haven't tried the older grip, but I tried my AX15 with the pocket extenders closed and it didn't really fit comfortably. Having the side pockets on the grips squeezes the main compartment and I lost space for 5-6 discs. The reinforced sides seemed to bend and I'm not sure how that would affect the bag in the long run so I opted not to use it in the cart. I think there's some guys at the Wednesday mini with gen 1-2 grip bags and I'll try them out and post the results. I'll even try my buddies Voodoo bag since I don't think that was on the video.

I just used the Backpack cart for the first time at Trey Deuce Ranch in East Texas. It's got all sorts of thorns, small tree stumps, ruts, creek crossings, and everything else associated with a huge par 64 and 68 country disc golf course. The cart handled everything GREAT!!! No flat tire and no real problem with ruts. I did have to pull it instead of push through some of the real sandy parts, but not a big deal.

Here's the list of changes that I plan to make for future full weekend use.
1. Gel seat cushion for comfort
2. Expandable drink holders (walmart didn't have any decent ones)
3. Tool/equipment bag to attach to the back of the cart for storage
4. Pole mounted putter bag with extra pockets
5. Might look at replacing the pole with heavier duty steel and a pin lock. Slightly worried about pole strength with having to pull the cart over really rough terrain with all that weight.

Joe has built a really good cart. Maybe version 2.0 could be 2 inches or so wider and deeper in the frame for better bag fitment. But I'm really like using it and not having to set up my 3 wheel cart before rounds.

I had mine in there. It's somewhat tight. You'll lose some side pocket storage as well.

There's a zuca disc golf cart page already on there...just letting ya know

If you wanna throw your Grip in there you'll have to go with the Ridge Roller, cart us made wider to fit backpack style bags.

http://www.ridgeroller.com/

Sucks that the if u want the seat to open its and extra 50 bux. Most bags need the seat to flip open to have access to the top compartments. I have a rebel and the mini pocket and 2 vertical slots would be useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts