• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

TLapham said:
JR said:
Last year KCs of the non glowing kind were tackier and waxier and they damage and break in super fast. More expensive than DX but it might be even less durable. At least mine broke in quickly unlike DX. I haven't felt a glow KC Roc.

Thanks. I threw a friends KC and it was that waxy feeling, I didn't care for it. Do you recommend just regular DX rocs? Or is there a run like pumkin, glow or flat top that are better?

It's been a while since I've investigated in Rocs, is flat or slight dome a better flyer?

Thanks.

I have KCs that varied a lot so i'm not happy. My best regular day Roc is a KC and it is not far ahead of the best DXs that are of older stiffer material but for windy days Star USDGC 2009 Rancho is the best. I like my Rocs to have a minimal dome meaning just a hair taller than flat.

Jerbob said:
I actually grabbed a factory second of the McRoc and it is nice and flat. If the Roc3 came out with the same lack of dome I might consider grabbing a few for backups to a couple of champ and special blend rocs. The F2 McRoc was more stable then a KC pro, but not quite as stable as a 2006 usdgc and special blend I compared it to.

My McRocs are less stable than a new KC by a good margin.

Frank Delicious said:
Jerbob said:
I actually grabbed a factory second of the McRoc and it is nice and flat. If the Roc3 came out with the same lack of dome I might consider grabbing a few for backups to a couple of champ and special blend rocs. The F2 McRoc was more stable then a KC pro, but not quite as stable as a 2006 usdgc and special blend I compared it to.

My McRocs are less stable than a new KC by a good margin.

Well, it was about 30 degrees that day, so may have effected my throws a little. The 12x KC pro, wasn't brand new, so maybe a poor comparison.

Jerbob said:
Does the Roc3 listed on the Innova site equal the McBeth Roc or something different?
I just realized Innova has this listed with the rest of their discs and it says coming soon ask your local retailer. They have it listed as a speed 5 and not speed 4. I don't get the flat Roc love but what the hell is the Roc3? Is it a different/new mold or just made out of plastic that molds up different or cooled different?

Got some of the first run Roc3s. Slightly domey and very clear champ plastic. Pretty grippy and not too stiff. Didn't get to throw them yet but they feel nice.

Very small dome on the ones i grabbed, like super tiny. There were some that were domier but I didn't grab those.

Frank Delicious said:
Got some of the first run Roc3s. Slightly domey and very clear champ plastic. Pretty grippy and not too stiff. Didn't get to throw them yet but they feel nice.

I got 2 FR and they feel and look just like FD described them. The Blue 171 was a tick more stable than my pink 177 though. I threw both in the field about 35 times before the round and then quite a bit during the 2 rounds I played on a medium length, wooded course. They shape lines just like rocs do but they are definetly faster than a DX Rancho. The stability is comparible to a new KC roc. I like em

Pat said:
turso said:
How do these fare in the wind compared to a KC pro?

no wind yesterday

If they are like KCs fine except in swirls and if they are like McBeths Jalle Stoor threw it well in moderate winds in the Frisbeepoint dubs and i saw no errant behavior. He threw a better score solo than the rest of the teams. Lucky me i played with him but i'd like to throw a Roc3 too :)

Well they are starting to sound pretty awesome(r), I ordered 4 of these from powergrip on friday...gonna get em today. Too bad any real testing is 5 months away :p

Only one room for me is Kuopio Halli, and they have sectioned it with huge net walls :/

The colours are awesome though...super bright, fluorescent red, pear green fluorescent, deep purple and a deep turquoise...best looking Champ plastic I've ever seen.

Compared the Roc3 (177, neon green, slight dome) to my mcbeth roc, new KC, new DX.

It is less stable than a new, domey KC roc, more stable than my domey DX roc and more stable than my mcbeth roc. It seems they tweaked the mcbeth roc mold a little as it is a bit slower and a bit more glidey than the mcbeth roc. It didn't go as far as the Mcbeth roc but it did out distance the KC and the DX. A slight headwind kicked up at the end of the testing and it held it's own pretty well.

This thing kinda reminds me of the old pro line gremlins.

Latest posts