• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

So I just got some rocs in, they're a little different than the ones I already have. The inside of the rim isn't slanted like a plus, but opposite- it's concave. Like a QMS? I seem to remember the QMS being like this, but I could be wrong. Nice grip.

8286525768_6b90b1c666_z.jpg

It's just weird, I got 3 of these, all have this, but in varying degrees. One has the groove, then it flattens out for like 2 inches, then comes back.

:/ well that pretty much marks the end of my Roc love. As much as I hate slanty discs, rounded ones are even mor3 obnoxious...looks like I'm in the market for some nice Ghosts...

I was at a local shop today checking out some ghosts and my first thought was why not? The few I've thrown flew familiar to me as a Roc thrower plus you get a nice choice of plastics right off the shelf. I've gotten annoyed enough with Rocs recently that I've been throwing Champ Shark/ Dx Sharks to see if I could go that way, I read on the PDGA forum about Shark3 and I thought screw this.

How does the Ghost fly? It looks just like a Roc. Pain really hasn't done it for me lately, just a hair too deep of a rim. I have a few good rocs from a few years ago but I'd hate to lose them and have to sort through the current mess.

With my limited experience I am the wrong guy to answer this. The ones I flew were max weight/near max weight that weren't stamped but felt like KC so I guess they were Protege. I thought they flew like an 11x Kc Roc but like I said not much experience.
I just wanted to say I saw some KC Pro Rocs that were being advertised as plus molds, uh-oh.

It was just an Ebay listing,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Disc-golf-Kc-pro-roc-plus-mold-max-weight-money-green-and-gold-stamp-/130823219608?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e75abe998

So we're probably ok for now. Innova said the KC Rocs were staying the same but I have a new KC Roc that is clearly the half plus rim they have been using on dx Rocs.

No, I should have but I don't have much money for DG this time of year. I notice a lot of crappy weights on fleabay.

keltik said:
KCP+ Rocs? I think Jesse B just died.
Lol. I'm honestly over caring when innova fucks up their good molds anymore. As soon as I have some disposable funds I'm gonna pick up a nice array of Ghosts and not look back...anyone tossed the base plastic Ghost yet?

No, but I throw the Excel plastic Clutch. The plastic is not quite KC stiff and has somewhat of a shiny surface that developed some grip after use. I put them in the full rotation about a month ago and initially they beat in pretty quick. This has slowed down after the sharp edges wore off but these are low speed discs so I don't know what the durability would be like in a faster disc. I hit a 220' ace with one and it took a little chunk out of the edge. I'll pick up a couple Excel Ghosts after christmas and report back.

well after xmas I'm planning to splurge on myself (my birthday was this month also). that splurge is definitely going to include more Legacy especially a Ghost or two. May have to try a clutch or two as well

Frank Delicious said:
So anyone get any of the big bird roc3s?
I looked through a stack today. All light weight and not real flat, ended up getting a star stamp to hang at the office.

badfinger said:
Came across the Roc on the right (in the pics) today. It was sitting next to a stack of those new KC Roc+ discs, but feels ways different. Anyone know anything about this mold?

http://imgur.com/a/dgNLE

R-Pro rocs have rubber blended into them, and are the plus mold. I thought they flew terrible and didn't like the plastic.

It felt pretty good in the hand so I bought it. I already carry two KC Pros and two Roc3s. I'm kind of a roc whore. Everyone raves about flat roc's so I thought I'd pick it up and see what it might do for me. The stickiness is what sold me as I am kind of looking for a less "skippy" roc in comparison to my kc pros. Many of the courses I play have extreme downhill shots that require very little skip to stay safe (Hornings Hideout, Stubb Stewart) so I thought that maybe the gumminess of the plastic might get it to stick to the ground a bit more and slide or stick rather than retake flight.

Latest posts