• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

So I have been thinking about adding one of these to my bag for the understable distance slot. How do these pair with Destroyers if anyone is currently doing that?

So I have been thinking about adding one of these to my bag for the understable distance slot. How do these pair with Destroyers if anyone is currently doing that?

i have two Star Terns and 4 Star Destroyers. They pair very well as an understable Destroyer. Theyre definitely not as comfortable because of the low plh which causes the rim to be shallow and hard to grip, but once youre used to it these things are a great compliment to destroyers if youre still working on beating them in. The Tern has the same top and rim as a destroyer with a really low plh, it's different and familiar at the same time

My champ tern is actually starting to get squirrelly. I used to be able to pump it and get giant S-Curves, but now it has a tendency to turn and never come back :/ now I'm just waiting to bra in my hurricane a little more to fill my understand max D.

Why not try and find a beat to hades *d
Iv'e been exploring that option too, but if at all possible, I like to keep molds that are in current production in my bag. However I am not doing a very good job of that right now. I have really small hands, so the shallow rim doesn't really bother me much. Guess I'll just have to pick one up and find out if I like it.

I just started, so far so good!

Its funny, I bought a tern a while back and sold it because I didnt quite have enough arm at the time to get it to hold the turn i wanted. Well recently I saw one in a store and decided to give it a try again (also because i just dumped my d4 in the water, and that had a tad too much turn to it) and it has been pretty solid.... understable but still fights back pretty well at the end.

I feel like i have pretty good control with the tern due to the smaller rim and man does this thing go far... I crushed one 470 yesterday on a big 500' hole that allows for big distance shots. What I also like is that it wasnt as flippy as my D4, or rather it would turn but it would still come back and the D4 wouldnt really come back. I am curious about trying a D3 though, but for now the Tern has definitely replaced my D4.

Last edited:
Got to finally throw mine.

Took about ten throws to get down a throw without putting too much hyzer on it. This thing glides effortlessly. I even fudged a throw letting it go too long, it skipped off the grass and carried another 100 ft.

Gonna be a good disc when I get it under control.

It's funny reading the beginning of this thread were everyone was dissing it and saying how crappy it was gonna be...to people throwing them lol...thanks to the champ

It's funny reading the beginning of this thread were everyone was dissing it and saying how crappy it was gonna be...to people throwing them lol...thanks to the champ

You gotta atleast give new innova discs a chance, i think its just that theyve had quite a few drivers that could be described as "meh". Tern is the first amazing driver in quite a while.

I bought a Star Tern and it was the longest disc in my bag. It leaves my hand like a missile . It does really well, nice big S turns, but it does not like a head wind at all. It was in the bag till I brought home my new Z Flash, and it out flies it by 30ft, so it is now in my back up bag that I keep in the car.

I bought a Star Tern and it was the longest disc in my bag. It leaves my hand like a missile . It does really well, nice big S turns, but it does not like a head wind at all. It was in the bag till I brought home my new Z Flash, and it out flies it by 30ft, so it is now in my back up bag that I keep in the car.

Well to be fair, the tern isnt really meant to be thrown into headwind.

My champ tern is getting some high speed turn now that's getting seasoned, which is nice backhand but not so much forehand. I know the champ factory store run is supposed to be more high speed stable, but how do the glow and metal flakes compare?

Throw a fresh max weight champ tern into the wind via hyzer flip, shoud be just fine, works for me

Not sure how far you're throwing yours, but it will flip over and never come back for me if I throw into a headwind. I'll stick to my D1 for headwind shots.