• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

Threw a champ Tern for the first time today. Wow. Can't believe I didn't try this mold sooner. Loves to be thrown on a hyzer-flip and just gliiiiide. Will compliment my destroyer assortment very nicely. May even kick out some of the more beat *D's.

Yeah, it is a great mold. I like them more as time goes on. My 175g Champion is laser straight with a hard hyzer and the 175g Star I just got is noticeable less stable but very fun to throw. Huge distance in the right situation.

there's a tern x right?

no need for pro IMO. star is already close to too much.

proto tern I suppose

kinda wish I did pick them up at the time but they weren't cheap.

Weird that I have not seen any of those pop up for sale since they were available. Definitely want to see a tern-x released.

I picked up a dominator the other day and I don't get why people hate on it, it seems to me to basically be a slightly wider rimmed tern-x. It's a little more stable than my champ tern and it has the same S shape to the bottom wing, which seems to be the key ingredient in the tern's special sauce.

I picked up a dominator the other day and I don't get why people hate on it, it seems to me to basically be a slightly wider rimmed tern-x. It's a little more stable than my champ tern and it has the same S shape to the bottom wing, which seems to be the key ingredient in the tern's special sauce.

I noticed this as well. Leading edge looks a little blunt though. There's one at my Hastings. May pick it up if I get bored with my other new discs.

that would roll so quick

I don't know maybe it would. The Tern is a funny mold. My G* is more stable than my champ Terns and way more than my Stars. If a Tern were molded up in a plastic like the stiff p-line stuff that Discmania uses for their PDs and if they molded up flat with a decently high PLH, I would expect that it would become pretty understable but it might be good for me as a hyzerflip to turnover bomber. Maybe not though but I would try a few if they made them.

Not really what I had in mind. I have (and sometimes bag) a 145g Starlight Tern and its almost as HSS as my light 160s champs. Almost, but not quite. It's def. more HSS than my regular Star. I don't have a massive arm but I absolutely love the mold in my hand and in flight. It's really my favorite Innova mold that is faster than speed 10. Besides, a Pro Tern couldn't possibly be flippier than the 155g MVP Inertia that came with my PDGA membership. That thing is a squirrel.

Ed
Not really what I had in mind. I have (and sometimes bag) a 145g Starlight Tern and its almost as HSS as my light 160s champs. Almost, but not quite. It's def. more HSS than my regular Star. I don't have a massive arm but I absolutely love the mold in my hand and in flight. It's really my favorite Innova mold that is faster than speed 10. Besides, a Pro Tern couldn't possibly be flippier than the 155g MVP Inertia that came with my PDGA membership. That thing is a squirrel.

I had the same experience with a 150g starlite Tern. It was way more stable than my 166g star Tern.