• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

Only got a few throws in with the blue one. It's defintely flippier than the production Tern though from what I've seen so far. Might go out and toss it in a field later.

Bump...

1st official rounds with the Tern this weekend. Had only played 2 rounds in 6 weeks due to work/weddings, and struggled aross the board...

Except with the Tern. Totally workable out to about 325 for me. Versatile at somewhat powered down drives (doesn't just dump.) Lots of glide on low ceiling shots. Almost as long as my "sweet spot" AJ *DS, but more predictable over the last 25-50 feet.

Liking this guy more and more. Innova gets a :hfive:

Got to a long peninsula green at 450' at West Park in Joliet, IL today for duece. Typically throw beat destroyers that fade off to hard and short with weird wind. Its now my US destroyer / valk on roids.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard "tern it up" this past weekend I wouldn't have to work for at least a day, I played some golf with some dudes that love em and were putting em way down range...

If I had a dollar for every time I heard "tern it up" this past weekend I wouldn't have to work for at least a day, I played some golf with some dudes that love em and were putting em way down range...

TERN

IT

UP!!

Bump...

1st official rounds with the Tern this weekend. Had only played 2 rounds in 6 weeks due to work/weddings, and struggled aross the board...

Except with the Tern. Totally workable out to about 325 for me. Versatile at somewhat powered down drives (doesn't just dump.) Lots of glide on low ceiling shots. Almost as long as my "sweet spot" AJ *DS, but more predictable over the last 25-50 feet.

Liking this guy more and more. Innova gets a :hfive:

A guy in my second round at the clash threw his tern really well....was probably you. Did you have a good spirited wife/caddie? We had a no-show on our card so I had to jump on another at sugaw.

What are the true numbers for this disc, I just bought one and it says 12 6 -2 2... But some images I've seen posted have -3 1.. And so on..

FWIW, I got two Star Terns yesterday and they are most definetly 12, 6, -2, 2. IMO, a much better disc than the Champion Terns.

What are the true numbers for this disc, I just bought one and it says 12 6 -2 2... But some images I've seen posted have -3 1.. And so on..

There was a run that came out that was flippier than the production molds.

Current Champ terns and star terns are -2 2

i can only compare my newer champ tern to a newer archon and the flight is very archonish except the tern has about a 8x more glide.

both will turn and burn on you if you don't get some hyzer in there though.

also can't really say how the tern will break in. every archon except for my protostarchon got really flippy kinda fast on me.

I've been throwing the Tern a bit for distance lately and I'm loving it. It's kicked Swords out of my bag forever. I wouldn't call it a finesse disc, but it flies some very controlled lines and goes way farther than I thought myself capable of. It is a very long roller as well and my favorite part about it is it's ability to fly long distances on higher lines. This is probably the best disc I've thrown for distance since original Star Valkyries. It's way longer on golf lines than the Valk too, but that is the best comparison I can come up with.

How does the Tern compare to the Archon?

For me, they are not similar. I can easily flip an Archon. I still have not flipped my Tern. At least not over to where it heads right. I would say a Tern is closer to a Destroyer than it is to an Archon. In fact, my Tern is a good bit more overstable than my Pro Destroyer of similar weight. Not as overstable as my 175 Star though.

As someone who throws Swords and has thrown many a Tern in his day (including the new Star Worlds)

WHAAAAT???

If you said Bolt instead of Sword I'd possibly follow you

I can see the comparison to the TP Swords which get super flippy

... what distances are you throwing these things?

a Tern is nowhere near a new Destroyer. it's close to my beat to **** pro destroyer but even that has more LSS.

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/con...19&id2=7318363&id3=8775593&id4=4127027&n=1139

I love inbounds. I read it every day. They use info provided by the OEM. The numbers on the tern predict that flight. In real life, with real discs, it's not always by the numbers. I posted my experience with the discs mentioned. Hell, I turn my Scorpios more than my Tern.

Latest posts