• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Undertaker??

Just picked up a Big Z and haven't tossed it yet but can see that it has a less blunt nose than the First Runs I have.
Anyone see a difference in flight numbers between these two runs?

Doss the Boss currently third in points this year! He talked up the Undertaker for a Discraft ad during the Ledgestone coverage. He was throwing two blue Zs one with a blue stamp one with a gold stamp during Masters and Vibram. I'll paraphrase: "My bag hasn't changed much in the past 10 years", "For the most part the pred and force are my favorite and the most important to me but I've actually added a new disc", "Absolutely loving the Undertaker, it's further then the pred shorter than the force", "It goes pretty straight for a while but has some good stability at the end", "Trust me, if it's getting into my bag after all this time it must be a good disc". Word Nate.

Great video, well done.
I'm really liking the Undertaker as a more stable complement to my S-CD2.
Its a solid disc, for sure.

Yup. Nice video; keep up the good work. I liked watching you throw the Undertaker and the Roach, and I'd love to watch you review some others. What about some classics like a Surge? Maybe a Crank/Nuke comparison with both in ESP/Z/other?

But since this is the Undertaker thread: Nate Doss definitely had some nice throws with his Undertaker during Ledgestone.

Got a first run Z undertaker yesterday. Do they fly any different from the production run? Any reason to collect it and not throw it?

Threw one of these in Elite Z the other day, and was assuming it would be understable, due to the word under in the name, like Westside's Underworld.

Mistaken. Very nice stable flight with dependable fade at the end. Parked a few shots with it, and it's a fly-dye so it looks great flying.

Best Discraft I've thrown in a while.

Anyone got insider knowledge on the design history of the Undertaker? I swear it's lineage would make it a TrackerSS even if they decided to name it something else for marketing purposes.

Do Trackers have the same rim width? Also, I have two Trackers with very different stamps. One actually has a tiny bit of turn, while the other looks and flies like a Firebird.

I got to test throw an undertaker a few weeks ago, and I was seriously impressed. The undertaker is right in there with PD/Thunderbird discussion, everyone should be carrying one of the three. Doss described it very well, a perfect go-between for a Force and a Predator.

According to PDGA specs:
Rim Width: 1.8 cm Tracker vs 1.9 Undertaker

I just used calipers on two Z tracker and three Z Undertaker. The Tracker were all just above 1.8 the undertaker were all just below 1.9.

Undertaker has a hair more inner rim slant, but not to a plus mold degree.

Side note; the PDGA official rim width for the Tracker was 1.5 for a few years. There's typos all the way up.

I got to test throw an undertaker a few weeks ago, and I was seriously impressed. The undertaker is right in there with PD/Thunderbird discussion, everyone should be carrying one of the three. Doss described it very well, a perfect go-between for a Force and a Predator.

I need to get out and throw some more... I have one that has way too much turn to be mentioned in the same sentence with either the Force or the Predator. Don't get me wrong: it's a nice disc! But it doesn't have any beef.

...calipers ...Z Undertaker...just below 1.9.

Undertaker has a hair more inner rim slant...

where is the 1.9 taken from? the lowest part of the wing or where it joins the dome?
In other words, does the rim width start at 1.9 or end at 1.9?
And thanks for the calipers BTW, you are my new hero!
LOL

Latest posts