• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Valkyrie, a discussion.........

nearly Flat top micro dome works for Champion, hence why I went with Glow because I saw some in mid 160 grams and max weight in a store that were both nearly the same dome not only that but the regular Champion was not feeling like the early run Champion unless I left the disc outside all day in in summer on a hot day 90 F or higher.

Neat

47364907_2322137787858282_5048049876747681792_n.jpg
This is my favorite Valk I have ever owned... a board-flat, pearly 4X JK Valk. Flatties are overstable and not very traditionally Valk in flight... but are awesome in their own right!!!

47364907_2322137787858282_5048049876747681792_n.jpg
This is my favorite Valk I have ever owned... a board-flat, pearly 4X JK Valk. Flatties are overstable and not very traditionally Valk in flight... but are awesome in their own right!!!

Mine first Champion Valkyrie was tradional in flight but then mine was an older run early Champion with same everything other then the way 4x is in the disc, that was not pearly probably why it was more traditional flight saying actually 4X with her signature printed on the disc. It became too worn in 2017 in to the speed of a new Dragon yeah that worn in and it turned in color since 2009 Ice Bowl from a yellow Star Valkyrie that was next to the disc that It turned more green blue color But yeah it was almost the same color originally. I still have the disc that was replaced in late 2017 by a Glow Champion Valkyrie as it was my first premium disc, the Champion Editions were not worth getting due to plastic variation from run to run the year CE was made and Pro at the time was too expensive for such a plastic that was only 2 times more durable then DX was at the time, was a stiffer type plastic then and not rubbery.

Last edited:
Mine first Champion Valkyrie was tradional in flight but then mine was an older run early Champion with same everything other then the way 4x is in the disc, that was not pearly probably why it was more traditional flight saying actually 4X with her signature printed on the disc. It became too worn in 2017 in to the speed of a new Dragon yeah that worn in and it turned in color since 2009 Ice Bowl from a yellow Star Valkyrie that was next to the disc that It turned more green blue color But yeah it was almost the same color originally. I still have the disc that was replaced in late 2017 by a Glow Champion Valkyrie as it was my first premium disc, the Champion Editions were not worth getting due to plastic variation from run to run the year CE was made and Pro at the time was too expensive for such a plastic that was only 2 times more durable then DX was at the time, was a stiffer type plastic then and not rubbery.

That should be 5x written out, Innova had assumed that she was going to win worlds before it happened or mine is a misprint.

Ran out of time editing above

Pfffff. The "good" Valks back in the CE/JK days were all board flat. I've always been meh about any pop tops, but flatties have feelings and need love too;)

I guess my flattie experience is that run of star from a year or two back that were just turds.

i just threw an old dx valk in the bag

has a thorn puncture and idc it flies soooooo gooood and soooo far

i have a tourney this weekend and i cant wait to throw some fat turn overs this thang is perfect

I guess my flattie experience is that run of star from a year or two back that were just turds.

This.

It was more than one year ago, but I got a couple of very flat Star Valks that might as well be Thunderbirds. My Champion Valk (an F2) was less overstable. So I'll take the domier Valks...

Yup; I love those!!! I agree it's not usually what people want from a Valk, but they can do great things if you adjust your expectations :)

Yep. If I wasn't bagging the SL, I'd probably bag my flat-top OS Star Valk as a headwinds disc. As it is, I take it and the other Valks out to the range to practice.

A guy at doubles had a Champion Valkyrie that looked to have some Luster in it and that thing seemed beefier than a Firebird.

found a crayon dx valk these things warp so easily and you can literally peel the plastic away :gross:

found a crayon dx valk these things warp so easily and you can literally peel the plastic away :gross:

Back in my rookie days I'd throw some DX Valks. The damn disc would change flight so fast it was ridiculous. You don't even have to hit trees or asphalt with them. DX is frustrating for new players who are trying to learn how to throw. Frustrating in that the damn disc keeps changing and becoming less stable all the time.

I'm not a serious Valk thrower, but if I mess with them I like heavy champions.

Back in my rookie days I'd throw some DX Valks. The damn disc would change flight so fast it was ridiculous. You don't even have to hit trees or asphalt with them. DX is frustrating for new players who are trying to learn how to throw. Frustrating in that the damn disc keeps changing and becoming less stable all the time.

I'm not a serious Valk thrower, but if I mess with them I like heavy champions.

i love me some beat dx valks they are so mangled its hard to tell if they get more flippy cuz theyre so flippy but this crayon run stuff is horrid

for newers players its hard to tell did the disc change or did i roll my wrist however we all know its probably both!!

Valkings...

Attachments

• 73143A2E-D25F-4BE4-BE4A-B42BBA43CFA9.jpg
    73143A2E-D25F-4BE4-BE4A-B42BBA43CFA9.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 63
^That makes me think. The Valkyrie Monarchs done for the Japan Open suck nuts. Monarchs are cool on their own, Valks are dope, but wtf? Flew awfully

^That makes me think. The Valkyrie Monarchs done for the Japan Open suck nuts. Monarchs are cool on their own, Valks are dope, but wtf? Flew awfully

Yeah and the kicker is these are plussy...compared it to a new stamp, JL Valk I got and that one has a normal rim. So I have a couple of Valk+'s now. That's cool. #thxInnova

Latest posts