• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] The WestSide 'King'

Just threw the "King" today and love it. I throw about 350 max so can't speak for how it will fly for bigger arms, but if you're throwing 300 to 350 than this disc is an excellent max drive disc. I normally throw around 168g but decided to go 163g off of a recomendation. Throw it with a hyser and it flips over and sails straight for a long time with just minimal fade at the end. Throw it flat and has a nice s flight. It was outdriving my "Havoc", due to it's minimal fade at the end, and held it's line very predictably everytime. The "Havoc" and the "King" are now my two favorite drivers. With the "king" being my go to for long stright holes or when I need a helix. Just ordered 2 more "Kings"; one at 170g and another at 163g. Highly recommended for arms that can't handle the more stable wide rim drivers, but want to add distance to their drives.

kingez.jpg

Just sayin'...er...displayin'

i got my king a few days ago and gave it a few drives already. the "belly button" on the middle underside of the disc is cut the same way and looks the same as latitude 64's discs. so there are similarities but i'm not sure if they are associated. feels a lot like opto plastic. not sure if it's worthy of speed 14, but it does fly pretty nice. i would question the fade rating also because it flies more like a nuke or halo. the king i got is 175 and domey... not sure if they all are this way, but the shape might be making it more understable.

the "belly button" on the middle underside of the disc is cut the same way and looks the same as latitude 64's discs. so there are similarities but i'm not sure if they are associated. feels a lot like opto plastic.
Westside's molds are made and designed in Finland, but they work with Latitude for the production of the discs. So yeah, the molding is done at Latitude's plant and using whatever version of Opto they like to use for Westside.

If you read their home page it states that Opto plastic is MORE THAN 98% similar to VIP.

Now I'm no lawyer, nor am I a businessman. But I do know that you cant get much MORE THAN 98% before reaching 100%.

I dunno why we have to have the same debate on every new page of this thread...it sucks.

Jesus christ,wtf does it matter if it is opto or similar. So the **** what. Just throw the damn disc

Also pay no attention to the ratings,theyre not similar to innovas. Its definitely not a speed 14 in reference to innovas chart,nor is the fade the same either

so are these associated with L64????

hehehehehe

A Man U fan sheet stirring? NAW! I can't believe it :D

I will pretend to be from Finland for this exercise:

Let's not forget that this is a Finnish company staffed by Finns that design fully Finnish molds that are used to make the Finnish discs. When they're finished they are at least 93.664 % Finnish'd. GET IT?! GOT IT? GOOD!

I am almost certain that they don't even serve Swedish Meatballs at the Westside cafeteria during the design phase.

BTW
They all have the "domey little island" in the middle
Like I said before, throw the disc and you won't care if it has a furry wart growing out of it.

What can I say, we hate the Swedes and don't give them any credit they don't deserve. =)

Upcoming release dates:
April 15, 2011 Westside VIP Boatman
April 15, 2011 Westside Tournament King
May 15, 2011 Westside Tournament Northman
May 15, 2011 Westside Tournament Boatman
June 8, 2011 Westside VIP Sword
June 8, 2011 Westside Tournament Sword

Sounds fun... GL King might be too flippy though

also the 'other' site alerted me to the fact that finnish is much more interesting than english:
I'd much rather throw a Tuonelan Lautturi than a boatman
vip_tl.jpg

I'm liking the King so far. Today at Dela I handed the King to my buddy to try out, I wanted to see a bigger arm than me rip this thing. WOW! His drive stayed fairly low, super fast. Dead straight like a Teebird, then an ever so slight turn to the right. Comes back straight....little fade toward the basket! (about 440ft) Drop in bird.

Normally he throws a Wraith higher with big turnover then fade back shot at it. But it was cool to see the King just go dead straight at it.

Upcoming release dates:
April 15, 2011 Westside VIP Boatman
April 15, 2011 Westside Tournament King
May 15, 2011 Westside Tournament Northman
May 15, 2011 Westside Tournament Boatman
June 8, 2011 Westside VIP Sword
June 8, 2011 Westside Tournament Sword

Sounds fun... GL King might be too flippy though

also the 'other' site alerted me to the fact that finnish is much more interesting than english:
I'd much rather throw a Tuonelan Lautturi than a boatman

I ordered some Kings with the Finnish stamp (Pohjolan Isäntä or Northern Lord/King)...taking awhile to get here tho

Latest posts