• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

There can only be one!

What company do you choose

• Innova

Votes: 107 50.5%
  • Discraft

Votes: 28 13.2%
  • Gateway

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Mvp

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • Latitude 64

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • Dynamic Discs

Votes: 16 7.5%
  • Westside

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Legacy

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Discmania

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Axiom

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • DGA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(please write in)

Votes: 9 4.2%

• Total voters

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey guys,

In the opinion of many its folly to limit oneself to a single brand, and mostly I agree with that. But with every person having their own aesthetic ideas, and things like feel of plastic types, preferred colors and of corse the most important thing; disc flight, we all have our favorites.

So if you could only pick one company to throw all of your support behind, who would you pick?

And you can't use Innova/Discmania, Trillogy, etc. as one company.

I would pick Westside, their combinations of molds, graphics and plastic selection makes it easy for me to go with them. With the Ahti out now, the only non-Westside I would have to carry to maintain my game is a Lucid Justice.

Because of the Buzzz and the other Discraft mids--it would have to be Discraft. Dynamic Discs has some good mids as well but I overall prefer and have more driver choices in Discraft compared to DD that fit me. I do not really like the roc so I can't pick Innova and I throw mids more than anything else. However, I prefer the Innova and DD putters over Discraft.

I'd go with Vibram. I putt with the Ridge. Since the putter is the most important disc in the bag... Vibram.

I like Lat64 or Innova in the summer heat, but Vibram would be OK.

I have to go Innova on this one. I'm a bag minimalist freak and I found that the molds in my bag suit my game the best. Latitude64 would be a close second however. I have a complete bag of that stuff as well that I could throw. I just can't get away from Roc's and Teebirds. Those two discs make up 90% of my shots. It would be hard moving away from those.

I chose Innova, although I am horrified to think of not including Hard Harps and K1 Kaxes. (Breathes deep, and hugs his cherished molds closely. This is just a hypothetical exercise. whoo!)

I picked Discraft because the Zone, Comet & Stalker are my most used (non-putting) molds. I wouldn't have a hard time making an all Discraft bag if I had to. And they're made in MI which is a bonus in my view.

Another way to ask would be if you were going to be sponsored exclusively by one company, and can only throw their discs, who would it be?

I chose Innova, though it's tough because I have a very mixed bag. But I can use Innova in almost every slot. The hardest thing would be replacing the Warden, but the Whale flies similarly, so I'd survive...

Another way to ask would be if you were going to be sponsored exclusively by one company, and can only throw their discs, who would it be?

I chose Innova, though it's tough because I have a very mixed bag. But I can use Innova in almost every slot. The hardest thing would be replacing the Warden, but the Whale flies similarly, so I'd survive...

Innova also makes the Panther in pink plastic ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legacy, they will not make a disc unless its perfect. glad to see trilogy not running away with the poll, guess the millennials are busy watching Americas got talent.

I accidentally put in Gateway but meant Discraft If that could get changed above thanks; if not I understand.

I use about 50/50 Discraft and Innova. I also have a U-2 Upshot from Lightning at 166 grams that once the old discs are sold off by Got To Go Got To Throw from Minnesota, they will start making the molds themselves. I saw this on a thread on this website. If I had to for the U-2 I would get a soft Magnet at or nearly max weight as I use a old D Hard Magnet 173-174 grams that is stiff and now two Jawbreaker Magnets with one as an approach/Long putter and the other a Putter both at 173-174 as well with the ring in permanent marker like the one from the old Pro D Magnets as I need the ring to help with thumb placement.
I use the Impact nothing else is like it!, then they have the Magnet Putters and only other one that comes close is the Innova R-Pro Hydra, I also have a Express in Elite X for left turns, and an XL for straighter long shots. They also make a version of the Destroyer so I would switch to a lower dome version of that and then I could replace my Stingray with a Comet or cyclone then use something for the Shark like a standard Buzz or a Buzz OS see which works for me and I can't use a Wasp as I do bad with ROC like discs. Only disc I am having trouble finding a replacement for is a Valkyrie but an Avenger SS or an Archer seems like they would come close looking at the pictures. Maybe even a Glide would work? I have throwen a Avenger SS before and it flies like a Valkyrie when broken in. The others are just slightly understable which is what a Valkyrie is a slightly understable driver than can be thrown low and flat. I have hear some Pros refer to the glide as such a disc.

my bag is too mixed. :/

if i did have to choose it would be axiom. i like easy to see colors and neutron plastic.

not really sure of a big distance driver from them (anything 400+).

but could use a wrath, clash, crave, inspire, alias, envy and proxy to get the job done.

legacy, they will not make a disc unless its perfect. glad to see trilogy not running away with the poll, guess the millennials are busy watching Americas got talent.

I am a millennial and I do not use the newer brands though I would try Latitude 64's version of a ROC to see if it can work for me, A Compass. Right now ROC's and Wasps do not work for me. Yes too many in my generation are caught up in either dumb shows like that or they are too caught up in seeing how the new politics are unfolding in the country they live in.

My choice is Discraft anyhow. The other brand I use for most of my discs is Innova, they have good discs but the consistency is gone in terms of Dome on disc, a same or nearly the same domed disc might fly different from one from an older run of disc bought in a previous month, same plastic type and same look to the disc no changes only DX stays consistant. Now a company that has had constancy in its plastic is Discraft, if you find two disc with the same type of dome and weight in same plastic they fly the same, though the Pro D changes from being stiff in some discs to being more flexible in others of the same disc mold though they fly nearly the same. I bet this is to encourage people to buy the more expensive discs to make more money off the higher priced plastics. Fine Then if I need a lower priced plastic I get Elite X, bonus the Elite X has tons of glide more so then the R-pro of Innova. With Innova you have to have an exact dome and exact weight to the Microscopic dimensions to have the disc fly the same otherwise the disc will be off and in some molds big, example is the Dominator this disc has to have to Microscopic dimensions the exact same dome shape and weight dead on exactly no deviation by any tiny tiny tiny amount or they fly very off. With Discraft the same dome or nearly same dome makes a disc fly nearly exactly the same as an older disc with same dome if both discs are the same plastic.

My current bag is a mix of DD and Discraft. I would say that since I click well with the Meteor and Mantis; and find the Undertaker more useful than the Convict; I'll go Discraft. What I would miss the most (but would be able to work around) would be the Suspect (use the Ringer GT) and the Trespass (hyzer-flip the Thrasher).

my bag is too mixed. :/

if i did have to choose it would be axiom. i like easy to see colors and neutron plastic.

not really sure of a big distance driver from them (anything 400+).

but could use a wrath, clash, crave, inspire, alias, envy and proxy to get the job done.

I understand with a mixed bag mine is a bag about 50/50 with all but one disc being the two rivals Discraft and Innova.

Latest posts