• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

These Travel Tags are Fun

McMarkD

Par Member
I have now done Three swaps of the travel tags. One at a local course to me and two in Michigan. All three swaps were with really fun people, and I got to play courses that were really fun. DGTourist came to Colorado and we had a lot of fun playing Johnny and Red Rocks CC. He love Red Rocks which was a lot of fun. Friday I swapped in Michigan with GivinMeTheCreeps. We met up with some guys who showed us Tobaggan course in Kensington. The other guys had to wait for me to catch up a lot, but I was good at finding their discs in the woods. It was a hard course, but I wouldn't have got to play it, if it wasn't for the tag swap. On Saturday, I swapped with Greg Layton, he and I played Hudson Mills Original (after he drove all the way from Grand Rapids) and we had a great time. His wife accompanied us and played a few holes. Plus she took some pictures that she says shows some discs in the air. I am very anxious to see these. We had a great time except for a lost disc in the swamp. But all in all, this tag swapping is a pretty cool deal. I hope some of you come out to Colorado and swap some more with me.
Thanks all you guys for making the effort to swap, and thanks DGCR for this cool feature.

McMarkd

It was a pleasure playing with you, Mark. Please let me know if you get back out this way. Good luck with your upcoming tournaments!

Mine should be arriving shortly. If anyone is ever up for some exxxxxxxxxxtreme mountain golf, hit me up.

I still have tag 40 and would love to pass it on...

Unfortunately no one seems to come to MS and the last I checked I had the only one here.

Okay, Pretend I'm ignorant (my wife knows the truth and the truth shall set you free) and explain to me what this is and how it works. I have looked through the threads and posts and do not see an explanation (at 1:48am seeing could be an issue).

From what I gather I purchase this tag and when I go somewhere I swap with another person who has one. Then the swap info is passed along to timg and we keep repeating this process. Is this correct?

Okay, Pretend I'm ignorant (my wife knows the truth and the truth shall set you free) and explain to me what this is and how it works. I have looked through the threads and posts and do not see an explanation (at 1:48am seeing could be an issue).

From what I gather I purchase this tag and when I go somewhere I swap with another person who has one. Then the swap info is passed along to timg and we keep repeating this process. Is this correct?

Yep but the most important part is you play a round (or three) of disc golf, talk about the courses in each persons area, and have someone to play with when you are out of town. Also, you are playing with some else who writes down the score because they have to enter it into their score cards on DGCR. Which is something else you will have in common with the other person. Also, if you throw your favorite ROC in the swamp, there is someone who has read all the DGCR forums about ROCs and can empathize with you!

Cool I didn't know people were switching tags..... I'm in waco, TX.... I do sometimes travel to Austin and I've been wanting to go to Ft. Worth area and Temple..... I'd be willing to get on this tag swapping thing..... let me know....

I wish I would have had my travel tag last night. Dave242 and I passed within 20 yards of each other at the Bloomingdale course last night without knowing it!

I didn't get it until the day after I walked past Dave...it was more of a lament that I didn't order one sooner :)

I will be traveling to Springfield during the first weekend of July. I plan to check out a course in Montana and perhaps WY. So, if anyone wants to switch your travel tags with me, I would love to do so... My travel tag is #24...

Just got my #50 in the mail today AND I'm heading to the Milwaukee area for the weekend.

Anybody there want to meet up for a swap?

Send me a PM if you do.

Latest posts