• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things noobs say...

One guy I play with is convinced that letting yours discs bake in the sun on your dash is the best way to break in a disc. So he leaves them for 3 hours and it's practically molten, and he immediately tosses a round with it. He says look how flippy that just got!!!!

..... Dude it's a sidewinder....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a partner who was also playing solo at the same course about a month ago. Twice I clanked edge-of-the-circle putts off the front of the cage. Both times he said "Nice! That's parked!" and meant it.

It was annoying as hell but he was a nice guy, so I let it slide.

You forgot one...and yes I've seen it. Tie dyed DARK green.

I one time wanted to try a brainwave style dye after seeing it mentioned on a forum. The only premium plastic I had was a green Z crush, tried it anyway. Came out with a great camo look, but sure was hard to find. I wasn't terribly upset when I threw it in a lake.

crush.jpg

I can't believe I was able to find a pic. This was immediately after the dye, overtime it started to become dark green/brownish. Only time I ever had a dye become darker from UV exposure.

Heard a great one the other day. Guy on the hole ahead of me shares in my disdain after i clanked a ten footer off the basket. He then says " i wish i could drive as far as you, you are absolutely ripping." i just said thanks. For the record, longest drive of the day was a "crush" with my axiom insanity that went maybe 315.

Yup had the same thing happen today roughly. Playing a simple course, not easy pitch and putt, but lots of easy hyzer a for any arm above 275'. Walk up to the tee to a 300' hole, long grass to the right and two guardian trees shot left and center of the basket. Take out a teebird and throw nice and strait and it fades in about 15' short. Guy I'm with freaks out "wow man epic shot!!! I can't believe you made it there with a fairway!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up catching up with a couple guys at a local course and playing the rest of the round with them. Every time some one would have what should be a long putt, they would say nice upshot if the person didn't make the putt.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

A few months ago I saw a guy on facebook that I've played with castigate another guy for playing in the local tournament in the intermediate division. He called him a bagger and that he should play open...even though the guy he was reprimanding is like a 870 rated player. The idiot throws like 700 rated rounds, it was him who was obviously in the wrong division and didn't know it. :wall:

A couple weeks ago some buddies and I were standing at the first pad waiting for a group when a solo kid walks up. We all say hi and start chatting.

Solo Noob (looks at buddies bag): Wow you have a lot of discs
Buddy: Yeah I've been playing for a while
Solo Noob: It looks like you have some champions in there
Buddy: Yeah I have a couple
Solo Noob: Yeah Champion is my favorite brand, they just fly so good

All of us just looked at each other holding back out laughter. None of us had the heart to break it to him, we just went with are day and let him play 18 with us.

I couldn't find a newer thread, so reviving this one. While talking about brands, this happened:
Other player "I really like Latitude stuff, what about you?"
Me "I haven't felt much, this *pulls out a river pro* is the only Trilogy plastic in my bag.
Other player "Wow, that's cool, I've wanted to try a Trilogy"

"I like aNnY disc best"....

"recomend me something that goes long and straight"

In Norway: "they should just put up dg baskets at a ball golf course" me: ur not aware of how boring that would... "its better than all these trees"

me: why don't you throw ur midrange here, you wont throw so far past the basket "if i throw midrange i might turn it over"

Fun convo on the course the other day.

Walk up the first tee and there are three guys there who have played and seem to be debating wether or not to play another round.

I make small talk, ask the how they like the course and one of them gets on the topic of discs. He is touting the virtues of his new Katana.

I politely tell him that I used to grow a Katana, but found the wing uncomfortable. Moreover I was impressed that he was able to make it fly on the required lines for the only two holes over 400 on that course require.

He responds that he does not use them on those holes. And I respond surprised, since I would only throw it on holes where I needed to attempt 400+ ft.

Turns out he had been using it like many people would an OS mid or putter throwing FH flexes and dogleg left shots... I use my Stego on the same holes.

Latest posts