• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things you are tired of hearing on a course....or never wanna hear!

the fact that someone is talking means they probally arent watching you throw , to me that seems kind of rude and shows you dont respect the people your playing with enough to stfu and watch for 5 seconds just like they did when you threw.:)

Respectfully, I must disagree. The majority of us are talented and coordinated enoughto watch and speak at the same time. I'm assuming that we're talking about a recreational round, and not a tournament round. In tournament play, we all have sense enough not to distract someone's shot.

I've been playing this game for 15 years and I refuse to believe that it has evolved to the same level of pretentiousness that ball golf is played with. The majority of the rounds that I've played over that timeframe have been done so in a public park, where other users of that park have absolutely no regard to how difficult or trying my shot is. To me, that's the nature of this game. I can't believe that the guys that fostered this game decades ago ever intended for it to have the same (or similiar) nature to that of ball golf. My intention wasn't to get the ire up of those of you who play the game this way, but rather caught me by surprise to see that people viewed the game in this light. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Actually heard a new one the other day. I was playing with this guy who's pretty good but not as good as he thinks....... Anyways after my drive he said the ams go that way and the pros go this way(different lines) I laughed cause I was parked going the "am" way and he barley parred the"pro"way.

I have a buddy who had the best score between us at this park we usually play, his -5 was the best between the two of us for about two years, then one day I shot a -5 with two holes left to play and he could see his record coming to an end so he said " I lost a disc over in those weeds a few months ago so Im done playing and im gonna go look for it" By the way at the time he was like 5 over par so his round sucked balls. I continued the last two holes solo and ended up at -6 for the record. I walked back over to him and told him his record had been crushed, He said "well that dosent count becouse I quit and nobody saw the the final two holes you threw". Everytime I see him I remind him I am the record holder and remind him hes pretty gay for trying what he did so as to not lose bragging rights. Once in a while he will bring up the fact that hes the record holder and im like " no dude, I am, you suck man".

I have a buddy who had the best score between us at this park we usually play, his -5 was the best between the two of us for about two years, then one day I shot a -5 with two holes left to play and he could see his record coming to an end so he said " I lost a disc over in those weeds a few months ago so Im done playing and im gonna go look for it" By the way at the time he was like 5 over par so his round sucked balls. I continued the last two holes solo and ended up at -6 for the record. I walked back over to him and told him his record had been crushed, He said "well that dosent count becouse I quit and nobody saw the the final two holes you threw". Everytime I see him I remind him I am the record holder and remind him hes pretty gay for trying what he did so as to not lose bragging rights. Once in a while he will bring up the fact that hes the record holder and im like " no dude, I am, you suck man".

That's a major chump move. Find another playing partner is my advice.

The extremes of doing bad and good.

**Tries a tricky approach and nails a tree 5 feet away** "Sh*t, Mother F@#%ER! A$s face!"

**Makes a decently long putt** "WWWWAAAHHOOOOO!! YEA! ALRIGHT!"
**Pounds all around**

Celebrating is fine to me but blowing up...or melting down is very unsettling.

Jesus, after reading these replies I don't think I'm going to talk to anyone or say anything anymore when I play!

Anyways, mine has got to be when you're playing with the random guy that is never around at tournaments or anything, and he busts out with the "My friend, (insert name here), shot a -18 on this course. All par threes, but he doesn't play league or tournaments."

Dude, if you're buddy is birdieing every hole here and he's not playing in tournaments or league play. There is something wrong with him, or you better start pushing him to play. But, I think you're just making that up.

No exactly on topic but close enough. I've been really luck over the years and have played with some people famous to disc golfers. I try not to talk about it around people I don't know because I don't want to be "that guy". Name dropping to try and impress people.

Latest posts