• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

THIS IS WHY YOU SHIP MULTIPLES IN A BOX >>>

The real point is that I paid for these to be in brand new condition, not to have to modify them back to their intended mold! If they were used I would try the water trick. I'm not doing that to these, and I shouldn't have to fellas. Any seller/store worth there salt would make this right, not ask ME to do something like that.

You are totally correct. You shouldn't have to do this. If the seller doesn't make this good, please let us know so we can steer clear.

I know the water trick, but I should not have to resort to this!

The purple one (which ironically doesn't look bad in the photo like in-person), is so bad I don't think it can be fixed. They will likely retain some of the warp imo because the RIM is twisty. Only 1 of the 4 looks truly fixable.

The real point is that I paid for these to be in brand new condition, not to have to modify them back to their intended mold! If they were used I would try the water trick. I'm not doing that to these, and I shouldn't have to fellas. Any seller/store worth there salt would make this right, not ask ME to do something like that.

The photos don't look half as bad as they are, they look like absolute trash in person. The orange one is somewhat OK but black and purple are WASTED.

Put em up in the MP as 10/10 - they haven't been thrown yet.... Only place I'd throw those is into the trash in that state....

Hope it works out for you man!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I do appreciate that. Let's hope I don't have to resort to these tactics.

I was truly hoping to offer good shipping advice to future sellers, more than solicit advice on repairing them. I appreciate it, though, I really do.

I haven't heard back from the seller yet, but it is one guy I would never in a million years suggest you would need to steer clear from. One of the best guys around, actually.

The reason I ordered from him instead of buying local is because nobody has these locally yet...and he is such a good guy he lets you pick exact color combos and specs.

The reason I ordered from him instead of buying local is because nobody has these locally yet.
They'll be in the store tomorrow :thmbup:

And yes... when I price a tasty putter shipped, I'm planning on a box. If homie bundles that disc with 3 others, meaning that box is now much less a wash, I'll cut the appropriate deal. My MP shipped prices take the care of shipping into consideration, which can later be adjusted for the final order.

Ship legit.

Last edited:
Up until about a month ago I had never shipped more than 3 discs.. then was approached by someone on here about going to PIAS and buying 6 Roc3s because I had mentioned the one here in Boise still had some left. Like I said, first time ever shipping more than 3, and I was about to ship 6 Haha Anyway, I knew not to try and shove them in a mailer.. how any one could do this is beyond me. I had the guys number, so I gave em a call and asked em if he would mind fronting a little bit of extra cash so I could ship them in a medium flat rate box.. he was happy to do so. I even brought a magazine with me and ripped pages out, placing about 5 or 6 pages between each disc for extra padding. I wasn't about to ship over $100 worth of plastic with no padding/separation of discs what so ever. It just baffles me that someone would put little effort in to protecting someone elses investment that they PAID YOU for. Sorry this happened to you man, I'd be beyond pissed off.

wow thats horrible....

To be fair, I am referring to one of the X-large Priority Mail bubble envelopes, so they did kinda fit. That is to say they were capable of sliding in there together technically. But yeah, they were stacked tight and I knew before I even opened the package, it was gonna be trouble.

Thats why I always send disc's in a box, one or five, they are always protected in the box. If the buyer doesnt want to cover the couple extra bucks then oh well

I buy enough at a time to insure i get a box :) haha, but i would have thought 4 would be enough for that. Normally 3+ gets you a box from most places (at least vendors, not marketplace.)

I ship one disc in a flat rate bubble mailer with a piece of THICK cardboard as strong support. Shipped about 11-12 this way, and have received this way as well. The only disc i've ever received warped was in a box with a bunch of others...go figure.

Got a reply from the seller and of course he is kind enough to make it right, refund/replacement.

I think these Rivals being so stiff is a major factor on the extent of the warping. Once they twist, they ain't going back easy.

I think these Rivals being so stiff is a major factor on the extent of the warping. Once they twist, they ain't going back easy.

Pretty much my worst fear...hell even the icon ghost plastic is extremely stiff and I think that's why I'm having a bitch of a time getting it back to its original shape.

The water trick works very well. What I do is I get a large heavy pot and I bring the water to a rolling boil, pour the water in the disc upside down on a flat surface then I put the pot on top of the disc and then let it cool to room temp. The weight of the pot makes the rim perfect again. Works for me on all discs. Sorry about the bad luck, those Rivals are so sick

I do the water trick as you said but also place the disc in a cookie sheet, and fill the disc totally and then fill the cookie sheet up with water to the nose of the disc so it effects it externally, too. Thanks to apdrvya for that tip.

For those wanting to "fix" warped discs but not necessarily be flat on top, you can use another flat disc upside down to support the warped disc around the rim. I have taken some warp out of domey discs by putting some hot water in the flight plate and setting the disc on top of another upside down disc on a flat surface. The hot water combined with gravity can help take some of the warp out without crushing the shoulder of the disc from the flat surface.

Are you telling me that I am wrong sending discs in these...
Cardboard-tubes-e1335476828798.jpg

I know the water trick, but I should not have to resort to this! .
:(

I feel you. Just because the solution seems easy does not mean it is your responsibility to fix it.
It is similar to someone hitting your car and saying "it will buff right out" maybe it will, but why should I have to do extra work because of your actions?

I'll have to rethink they way I ship stuff.If you aren't sending the discs back it would be interesting to see what would happen if you just let them sit flat on the shelf.
The most discs I got through the mail at one time this year was four and they were shipped in two seperate yellow envelopes. I only ordered about 25 discs last year, 0 came in boxes, maybe 8 in bubble mailers and the rest in just envelopes.

send them to me...im not scared....they will go back no problem....i would say 80% or more of the people dont ship right...i know i ship normal everyday plastic in a 8 1/2 by 12 manila envelope taped at all seems with clear packing tape....i dont see the need for bubbles ...its a plastic disc that will be thrown into trees/rocks and a metal basket...yes if its something high price or a flexible disc i always try to go the extra mile....