• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] "This plastic feels AMAZING!!!"

To me, most plastic feels the same across the manufacturers. The only blends I'd qualify as "unique" are Gateway SS, SSS, Eraser...they've got that nice velvety feel that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Flies like a destroyer but a little faster and more stable
Flies like a firebird but a little faster and more stable
Flies like a teebird but a little faster and more stable
Flies like a roc but a little faster and more stable

This is too flippy
This is not stable enough
I can't throw anything this slow
My arm speed is too fast
My arm is too powerful to that disc
Feels like CE
Feels like Nightshift
Is this Nightshift
My buddy said this was Nightshift
My CE leopard is worth 200, easily
Prodigy is taking over
DD is taking over
Westside is taking over
Lat64 is taking over
Innova is struggling
Innova is basically dead
Innova is so inconsistent
Prodigy has the best team out there
I can only throw this disc (been 10-15 years OOP), or my entire game is worthless
I can throw this disc on a hyzer flip and it goes for miles
Holds any lines I want (usually right before they throw it into the pond/OB/dirt/parking lot/church picnic)
I threw 8 under yesterday (plays nov, never seen them beat par...ever)
I have a buddy that can park a 600 foot hole
I can throw this disc 400
I can throw this disc 500
I can throw my putter 300
I'm deadly inside the circle

oh yeah...almost forgot

trilogy

I can go on...but I'm tired

Last edited:
Legacy's gravity plastic is the 2nd best feeling plastic next to Gateway's SS. I've heard how great gravity feels from several people who I've let throw my ghosts, even those who have never heard of legacy.

I think Westside's Tournament Plastic looks and feels pretty dern good. I like to rub my Tursas :D. Also my old FLX Challenger is made of the best plastic ever. It's rubbery and flexes and feels better than the newer FLX. It's also incredibly resilient.

Those are the only plastics I really rave about. Although there are a lot of neat plastics out now.

The first time I held Gold Line/Fuzion/Tournament Plastic I remember saying that exact thing. The shine has kind of work off the apple, but I still love the way it feels. My new jam is BioFuzion. The stuff does feel amazing. Looks great too.

Legacy's new blend of protege does it for me. Suuuper ultra tacky, a tiny bit rubbery, stiff, medium-stiff flight plate...Amazing. I also love proline, 400, most opto and GL, a lot of gateway blends, CE, other older runs of plastic, and many others.

Anyone else digging the McPro Roc3? Personally I'm really liking it for a mid slightly less stable than my proto m2. Used to throw KCpro docs and the nostalgia is strong.

P.s. The most eraser-like disc I own is the Gumbputt, my phone number never stays on no matter how permanent the marker.

I felt a gstar wraith and it was one of the best feeling discs ever so I bought it. I took it out and threw it and it felt much less stable than what I was used to in a wraith. I traded it in a week later. Feels great doesn't always fly great.

Reach out and touch Vibram. It's amazing!

(But not a Four20)

Is this the most overused phrase in disc golf today? It seems like every company has a new plastic these days, and from what I hear they all feel...well, amazing. :|

Is all this plastic really amazing, or are we just easily impressed?

From reading through this thread, I'd say that we are just easily impressed.

From reading through this thread, I'd say that we are just easily impressed.
I'm sure you will get this.

Take drums as an example. You buy a cheap kit when you are in high school and it's more fun than a barrel of monkeys, then you develop a bit of an ear and you want a cleaner sound so you start spending money to replace cymbals and upgrade heads. Eventually you blow a big wad of cash on an upgraded kit becasue you get to be a drum snob and you can't stand to be seen around that cheap kit that you loved when you were 16. You get more and more critical and picky the more you get into it. Bike guys are like that. Beer guys are like that.

For some reason we are not. Everything is awesome in our World. Not that it's a bad thing; I'm just not sure why that is.