• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Thrasher

I threw mine a hand full of times yesterday at our doubles league. As someone with 375-400 is of power for my crank throws this seems like a winner. I wouldn't even Compare it to the ASS. They were always very under-stable, Turning right and never coming back. I would compare this to a New Champ Sidewinder though. They always seemed more stable then they should be and had a nice s flight out of the box. I'm excited to start throwing this through the woods as is seems that it will have a straight flight when powered down that I can really control. It will fight with my rivals for those tunnel shots. I would say 90% on an Icon Rival will get me the same flight as this disc at 70%. I'll be picking up some Production runs in the future.

It glides past everything! The closest comparison that sprung to mind was a Tern or a faster Valkyrie. The Thrasher has the proper stability for noodley throwers who drive 300 consistently and also those who can drive 375 on command. They nailed this one it has the perfect feel and the correct stability for consistent max drives.

Haven't thrown this disc but based on the specs, it looked close to a tern. I hope Discraft sticks with the low profile speed 11-12 drivers and come out with a beefier version to give the Tern and DDX some competition. I was disappointed in the DDX being less stable as advertised so hopefully Discraft steps it up. I still might give the Thrasher a go and compare it to my beefy Terns.

After a little more air time with this disc I could not be happier. I'm loving the straight flights but what I can't get over is how well it holds the anhyzer. I threw it on a 300ft dogleg right hole and it held the late turn all the way to the ground. Never burned, just held the listing right the whole way. I need more of these in my bag ASAP.

Last edited:
How does it compare to the Crank SS? Is it more understable but about the same distance? I have held both in my hands and they seemed pretty similar. I'm very confused by what I have heard. It seems I have heard people saying it is more understable than the Crank SS but doesn't go right as much as an Avenger SS. In my experience the ASS and CSS both turn right pretty hard or hyzer-flip nicely when new, the CSS just carries a bit further.

Whether a disc belongs in someone's bag is very personal, so I guess the real question is this. If I do not want a max distance driver that is more understable than the Crank SS, do I have any use for this disc?

For me this disc is more stable than the Crank SS I have. Both weight in at 174g. The SS is an open hole bomber for me that I can only use on Football filed wide holes for how much it turns. The thrasher has a slower turn and calmer fade that I'm finding very controllable. I find this a lot less touchy when it comes to wing angle on release. The Crank SS can be long, but if I'm off on the hyzer angle by 5 degrees either way I'm either on the quick train to roller town or I'm fading out early. With the thrasher I'm 15 ft left or right of my original aim point as it doesn't have as much left to right dance in its flight. In the speed category I would put this as a great filler to the gap between the Avenger and Avenger SS. Maybe just an Avenger S would have been a good name.

Got a 170-172, scale weight 174, red thrasher and took it out to an open course today. Released it flat looking to see how itd do on a 370 ft hole and it flew like a smooth turnover shot. Even with a hyzer release it would flip then turn over. I don't have the biggest arm, but I can hit 415 with my ddx and beat destroyer on flat releases.

I think itll be useful in the woods, but one thing for sure is that it has become my goto roller! I was getting very consistent straight rollers with minimal cuts in the 350-370 ft range all day.

Also a nice hyzer flip to slight turn to fade FH disc. It had this type of movement in the 330-345 ft range for me.

The first run version I threw was quite understable. Like Roadrunner understable. I throw about 370-390' and even on a hyzer release it flipped and rode pretty far right before a slight fade at the end.

The closest disc that the Thrasher resembles to me is a beat in Wraith. If you're waiting for your Wraith to season to that perfect spot, wait no longer, just pick up the Thrasher.

Waiting :D

Are the Big Z ones in any stores yet?

Sorry, I forgot :p

I've taken photos of the Z Trasher (light blue) next to a Z Flash (Pink) and Fuzion Renegade (Yellow).

In terms of stability, I'd say Flash > Renegade > Trasher. Thrasher is comparable to the Renegade in terms of flight my opinion.

Wow, thanks!

The Flash I have is flat and has like 3 glide. Would you say the Thrasher has more glide than the Flash?

Wow, thanks!

The Flash I have is flat and has like 3 glide. Would you say the Thrasher has more glide than the Flash?

You remember when they made ESP Flashes and they were glide money? The Thrasher is like one of those Flashes but broken in.

Latest posts