• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throw that putter damn it!

What grip do y'all use when driving with the putter and what do you use when putting?

When driving with my putter, I use the stack fork grip. For putting, I just use a fan grip with my index finger on the underside of the disc in front of my middle finger.

My question is: do people keep separate "putting" putters and "approach/driving" putters in their bags? I putt with a KC aviar, but even in the pro plastic, it takes damage a lot faster when I am using in for approach shots. I don't like putting with all the dings and scratches on the disc, so I've considered moving that beat putter to a mid-range slot in my bag and buying a shiny new aviar for just putts and shots that have 0% chance at hitting a tree. Anyone else do this?

I own 4 banger GTs 3 soft and one ESP
I used to carry the soft for putting and the ESP fro driving.

These days i just carry my original Soft and use it for everythign.

I bought 2 more softs as back ups and i was thinking that id use the heaviest one i have for driving. But my origional banger is nicely beat and will do what i want anywhere up to 250, so there is no need to change discs. putters beat slowly as someone said, althought i carry midranges everytime i use the banger i wonder why i bother lugging extra discs around. Stable Driver + overstable Putter is a good combo.

I've always liked the little blurb from the Innova site:

"About the Aero
The Aero is our best disc for beginners and players using only one disc. It is the straightest point-to-point golf disc and the easiest disc to keep on the fairway for beginners. It is a slow flying control disc with a large diameter and a significant amount of float. When broken in, the Aero will turnover very slowly and predictably. The Aero was introduced in 1983 as the first disc designed specifically for disc golf. The Aero once held the world distance record at 485 feet!"

All that from a 3-6-0-0 disc!

Latest posts