• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Throwing a Disc golf Collection - $40

zenbot

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I found this ad on Craigslist:

Here is your chance to throw some expensive discs before going out and buying discs for 30 to 80 to 150 dollars a piece. We can meet at a course, park or a field and throw some rare discs. We can talk about the history of certain discs, thier worth and strategies to buy hard to find disc.

40 for 3 hours and also a 60 dollar return deposit (cash or venmo). The deposit is in case a disc is lost and will be given back if we return with all the discs. If a disc breaks, well then it breaks and you still get your deposit back.

I am not interested in selling the discs.

If you are interested, reply to this post with your name and where you would like to meet. I'll send you a list of 100+ discs to pick from. You chose 20, then we will set up a time to meet. We can toss in a field or play the course and I'll be your caddy.

00b0b_gGYu2Sb39GAz_0c00c6_600x450.jpg

Thoughts?

Not bad....I'd believe it more if it didn't say "rare discs". If you have rare/collectable discs, do you really want other people throwing them around into trees, etc? I like the idea....meet other like minded folks...let them throw your discs as you play a round together and talk all things disc golf. Possibly make new friends/disc golf partners.

I have no money, no job, and no marketable skills. What I DO have is a metric butt-ton of old plastic. Come give me money so that you can say you threw CE that one time.

A U.S. ton is 2000 pounds.
A metric ton is 2200 pounds.
Could someone please explain to me how much a metric butt ton is? :D

Why would you waste $40 to rent a disc? If you didn't like a disc you can always sell it at what you bought it for. You can never get that $40 back.

You guys can pay to throw my stuff.

I don't work for $13 an hour though so be prepared to pay for the experience.

At the local resort that has a disc golf course you can pay $5 to rent 3 discs but they are Franklin brand* so maybe $40 for 20 valuable discs isn't too bad.

I can't see too many people doing it but it could be worth it to some people. If someone has a disc golf youtube channel reviewing discs they could get 20 reviews for $40 and probably get some decent views.

*At least that is the brand they had the last time I was there.

I found this ad on Craigslist:

Thoughts?

Need a list of what he has available...

though,

I have probably thrown it already years ago when they were new actually new discs,
so no, not interested..

Granted my first golf disc was a "patent pending" Aero,

and yes, I still have it.

I would definitely pool my money with a friend and throw them in ponds, high weeds, snow and traffic. if you're a nicer person than me, you might do it differently.....

Sometimes I'll find a disc, snap a pic of it, and send it to the number on the disk. And they will respond not with a thank you or a how can I get it, but by telling me where they lost other discs.

I feel like this person does that.

Latest posts