• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thumber Plastic Weight

I have a 150 flick and it flies better for me and doesn't put any undue stress on my sholder. I was throwing max weight bosses and preds about 225-250 and the flick between 250-275 but it seems to stay straighter longer then breaks hard after the barrel roll.

People seem to list the thumber as one throw. There are different disc that do different disc for thumbers. A 150 Flat Firebird is going to go farther easier than a 175g firebird. It just depends on what you are doing and what shot/distance you need.

Im looking for a distance thumber. I thought heavier for extra stability which would keep it upside down longer?

Honestly not being a smart ass, but the biggest thing here is to experiment. Like Von Drehle said, certain disc, and certain weights, will do certain things. It's just like any other throw, you don't really know how it works out till you go out and practice, or experiment.

I honestly suggest everyone goes out in their field practice routine and takes every single disc they "throw" or have "bagged." Throw Tomahawks, Thumbers, hyzer, Anhyzer, Back hand, front hand, upside down scooby snacks and twinkies..... Ok, I was thinking about food. But, seriously, you should even try backhand and forehand rollers too. Try a Zinger too, they're DELICIOUS!

Yep, personal preference on the weight. I like my XXXs in the low 170's. Max weight doesn't seem to work as well for me. You gotta get a few different weights and just throw them.

176 seems to work fine for me as far as not using something too overstable. i like the heavier stuff but not max weight. but of course thats my preference. i feel like there is some resistance for me to work with when its heavier for me. if its too light i will mess the throw up and it wont be smooth for me.

Latest posts