• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

Nope, not available retail yet. Innova only did a small CFR run for sale on the Factory Store. If memory serves, Innova said they were planning on a more general release at the end of September (someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that). Until then I'm guessing probably they will trickle out a few more small runs on the Factory Store which will be snagged within minutes of being posted just like the last one.

Saw somebody playing with a team stamp thunderbird. They described the forehand flight as "the same line as my beat 11x firebird, just longer.". I don't know, I guess that could be a useful disc.

Wish these were A) out or B) someone had an indepth review on them. Though I understand people wanting to save the asia open ones for collecting

I got two orange ones, and will be out early in the morning to test. They are firm JL with an even dome. Will report on them tomorrow but they feel great in my hand.

I got two orange ones, and will be out early in the morning to test. They are firm JL with an even dome. Will report on them tomorrow but they feel great in my hand.

I wanna know if these things will work as good controlled distance drivers. That's what I've been looking for. Something lower speed that gives you great control

Got a lot of throws in with it today. When Innova said it was a broken in Firebird, they hit the nail on the head perfectly. Throwing it side by side with my broken in firebird, there was no difference in flight or distance. I would liken it to a faster Eagle X not a faster Teebird. I would say that it is ever so slightly less Overstable than a C Line PD. I was getting it around the 400' mark when I come over it a bit. For me I could hit it hard and flat and it would carry ever so slightly right (RHBH) and stay on a pretty straight line for a good 300 before it started to fade. Throwing it hard and flat would produce a nice long controlled hyzer. Had the same fade as a Firebird as well.
It is 100% a great disc and an easy winner for Innova. If you throw firebirds I would highly suggest picking one up when you can.

Interesting review horsman, I actually wasn't the biggest fan. I wasn't throwing into any wind this morning and both of mine were flipping up a lot faster than the new S-PD I brought along. Seasoned firebird is probably right but I'm worried about trusting into a light headwind. I'll keep it in the bag for awhile to see if it grows on me.

Interesting review horsman, I actually wasn't the biggest fan. I wasn't throwing into any wind this morning and both of mine were flipping up a lot faster than the new S-PD I brought along. Seasoned firebird is probably right but I'm worried about trusting into a light headwind. I'll keep it in the bag for awhile to see if it grows on me.

I had maybe 5-10mph wind yesterday and I really noticed no difference in turn with it. The SPD that I was throwing yesterday with it, was pretty spot on the same. But maybe I got an OS one or you got an US one but the one that Im throwing is pretty perfect.

Would you call it Innova PD? Any difference in lines, distance or glide compared to the (S-)PD?

Would you call it Innova PD? Any difference in lines, distance or glide compared to the (S-)PD?

The SPD I had that I was throwing along side the thunderbird had no difference in anything. Same glide, distance, turn, and fade. But from my expierence with SPD's it was a slightly more OS SPD. But calling it innovas PD would be pretty darn accurate.

Sounds like overlap city to my bag, but a good slot to fill in Innova's 9 speed line up. Thunderbird/Valk pairings should be strong. Maybe it'll get some pro plastic or even XT love.

For me its just gunna be a backup for my beat up, straightish flying firebirds.

I was hoping for a Driver that has tons of control that you can throw flat and straight that was above the speed of a teebird. If it was a longer eagle I wouldn't mind, but this just sounds like a firebird with more glide

Thats called an Orc

The Orcs that I have thrown seem to take more of a distance line than the flight he's describing. Orcs are able to turn over, glide, then come back for a full flight. Granted, I haven't thrown too many different Orcs, but the ones I did have are what I would consider line shapers, not straight flyers.

The Orcs that I have thrown seem to take more of a distance line than the flight he's describing. Orcs are able to turn over, glide, then come back for a full flight. Granted, I haven't thrown too many different Orcs, but the ones I did have are what I would consider line shapers, not straight flyers.

I can see that. I do prefer the Beefy ones.

Latest posts