• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

I bought and threw a new Pro Thunderbird today 175 pink, I only got a couple throws in so far but can tell for sure I'm going to like it. They are GUMMY, almost like GStar flex, so some may not like that. I can deal, would have preferred a hair more stiffness. Oh well. Less Stable then Champ or Star for sure. I threw a couple 340-350 shots, one anny which held most of the way and another flat which held straight then drifted left.

Also, small shoulder, mini pop top from the edge and flatter top. Most seemed this way also. Overall pretty happy with it.

Thank you for the review. Do you think with a little break-in these can replace my star TLs?

I absolutely love my Thunderbird, it's my favorite disc to throw. Nice flat top on it and I can get it to glide forever it seems and then a small fade at the end, so for me it floats very straight. I've been throwing it so much its pretty well beaten in. I'm just playing with a DX model so nothing fancy and have not had the need to upgrade to a Champion model as this thing still kills it for me with just a basic DX. I even have a spare DX in the garage incase I lose this one as I throw it so often. I've thrown it wild with a bad release and into a lake on 2 occasions but luckily it was close enough to the side to reach in and grab it.

Good luck to anyone who gets one! It flies flat and far for me not only RHBH but also forehand. It's also my favorite forehand disc to throw, just always seems to go straight no matter what I do (unless I botch the release and hold it to late and throw it straight sideways like I do if I mess up and hold on too long before releasing).

I dont know how I feel about the super gummy aspect. I should get mine in the mail next week so we'll see, but I like my FH drivers as stiff as 2 day old baguettes. Hoping these will bomb for my backhand drives though :)

I dont know how I feel about the super gummy aspect. I should get mine in the mail next week so we'll see, but I like my FH drivers as stiff as 2 day old baguettes. Hoping these will bomb for my backhand drives though :)

Not nuts about gummy pro either.

They are GUMMY, almost like GStar flex, so some may not like that. I can deal, would have preferred a hair more stiffness.

Hmmm, looks like I'll be holding off until I see one in the store and can fondle it in my paws. Flight sounds good, though...

I was at a store yesterday and felt a DX Thunderbird. Why can't they make all DX that nice (especially Gazelles and Polekitties).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at a store yesterday and felt a DX Thunderbird. Why can't they make all DX that nice (especially Gazelles and Polekitties).

They're wonderful aren't they? Ive been going back and forth over whether or not I really wanted to throw DX. Then I felt up a DX Thunderbird that a buddy has, and I have two on the way from MS. Should be at my house when I get home from work actually! :clap:

Who would like to see a McPro Thunderbird? :popcorn:
I am kinda burned out with the whole McPro craze. I think if they were released today I wouldn't buy them (Aviars, rocs, TBs, etc). I found cheaper, more readily available alternatives. :D

Who would like to see a McPro Thunderbird? :popcorn:

I wanted Teebirds in McPro or KCPro for years, the beefy Brinster version. Never happened. Thought it would be a nice cycler as Chmap and Star can take forever to break in. And DX is too quick, plus too straight out of the box.

I wanted Teebirds in McPro or KCPro for years, the beefy Brinster version. Never happened. Thought it would be a nice cycler as Chmap and Star can take forever to break in. And DX is too quick, plus too straight out of the box.

Too straight out of the box? Maybe I can kick the Saint Pros out

I don't see any need for McPro/KC Pro Thunderbirds when the DX version is so good. They also start out super beefy (almost like a Star Firebird), and it honestly doesn't beat in that quickly. They're great for cycling. It's the best feeling and some of the more durable DX I've thrown. If I were going back to a base plastic bag, DX Thunderbirds would be the first driver I'd put in.

Latest posts