• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Time to get out the ribbons, put the DX on the porch

Observation after my 3rd snow round of the season: The duct tape I'm using doesn't adhere well to MVP's Neutron plastic. I put ribbon on 13 discs:

5 Neutron
2 Elite X
2 ESP FLX
1 Elite Z
1 Pro D
1 ESP
1 Star

The tape came off 4 of the 5 Neutron discs.
Still nicely on all all the other discs.

After LOTS of experimentation, I found that the best tape by far is Frost King storm window tape. It stays sticky in the cold, but unlike packing tape, it will stretch and flex with the disc. I also go rim to rim with the tape. Longer lengths seem to stay on better, even after hitting trees hard.

After LOTS of experimentation, I found that the best tape by far is Frost King storm window tape. It stays sticky in the cold, but unlike packing tape, it will stretch and flex with the disc. I also go rim to rim with the tape. Longer lengths seem to stay on better, even after hitting trees hard.

I was also going to recommend the frost king storm window tape.
I have used it to attach LEDs for glow rounds

Thanks guys! I'll have to check out that Frost King Tape.

You guys are dedicated to the game. Can't image playing in the snow that deep and deeper. Looks fun, plus it's just the way things are where you live.

Helpful thread. At least now I don't have to go through life thinking the ribbons were awards people give themselves for braving the elements to play disc golf. (One of my arctic facebook friends from Minnesota relishes in posting disc-golf-in-a-blizzard photos to my page, every time I complain about having to wear long sleeves.)

But all in jest. You guys can have my sympathies for having to play in such conditions....and no doubt extend your sympathies to me for missing out on the chance to.

I was also going to recommend the frost king storm window tape.
I have used it to attach LEDs for glow rounds
A friend lost a disc with an LED taped to it with frost king in the river that flows through his property. He found it three months later after the water went down and the light still worked. Good stuff.

Never got around to trying that Frost King Tape, but I tried something today prompted by experiences like this:
attachment.php
Re-taped ribbon to all my snow discs with duct tape. Then heated the tape up with a blow dryer. Pretty sure heating it up and letting it cool increases the tapes adhesion.

Haven't played in the snow with this yet (it's all since melted, but it'll be back)... but I can tell the tape is sticking to the discs appreciably better. than it did before. I have a feeling a lot better, and that I'll have to clean the adhesive of thidscs with acetone or alcohol if I want to get rid of stick residue after I remove the ribbons.

Last edited:
I usually don't have to use ribbons. I feel like I'm the only person throwing around here in the winter... I never see tracks other than my own.