• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Time to get out the ribbons, put the DX on the porch

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
8" of fresh powder to negotiate. Our fantastic Minnesota autumn just turned the corner.:\

3 to 5 inches here.

"Lost" my Zephyr (just can't remember where I put it, getting old is pure hell).

Just stuck my Zephyr and Condor in the Trunk the other day. Supposed to get 8 inches over night!

Fun yes, but I do hate winter

Its full on deep winter in the Colorado mountains. Time to break out the snowshoes.

Our area is supposed to get some snow this week. I love going out to the park after a snow when no one else is out and about. It's a very peaceful feeling. I think my winter bag is all set. I'm going to try out a few different plastic blends and find out what works in the cold weather!

I put ribbons on last night while watching the snow come down (4"), shoveled tee pads this morning, and just put my bag on the porch to cool off the discs before I go out for a round after lunch. I love winter golf!

Once I "warm up" to the fact that winter's has arrived, I enjoy winter DG. Need to set up a winter bag with ribbons. Picked up a cheap plastic sled and tied some rope to it to drag my bag around, and have some nice warm Chinook boots with a built in gaiter at the top.

41-QATG0HqL._SY395_.jpg

That said, slogging through 7+ inches of snow for 18-24 holes gets tiring. Maybe snow shows are the way to go.
I wonder if I can pick up a decent pair on the cheap?

I put ribbons on last night while watching the snow come down (4"), shoveled tee pads this morning, and just put my bag on the porch to cool off the discs before I go out for a round after lunch. I love winter golf!

You only got 4" in the yoop?? How did the trolls get more than you? :p

Haha, the title of this was funny to me and if I didn't used to play a lot in WI/MI would have no clue what you are talking about.

I played a round with Martin Dewgartia and he taught me about leaving your discs outside before playing in the winter. Esp if your taping something to it.

I rode like 2' of powder yesterday and then disced in some muck today. I'm happy I got to play a round...but when there's snow, make the best use of it!

I rarely use ribbons, but love DX.

Last winter I tried out some G Star and actually liked it.

This winter should be great up here, our Ice Bowl is a couple weeks before Badger State Games, which is hosting a C-Tier.

Yep, colder than hell already in my neck of the woods also. :thmbdown:putting dg off to the side for the next several months. At my age I'm not about to go out in really cold temps with the white garbage on the ground and attempt to play. Fall doesn't last very long in the midwest and when it was here it loved to rain every other day at least. Midwest weather blows!

Thought about throwin today, beautiful sunshine, but below zero windchill told me no.

I still play every day, although it's been pretty brutal the last couple days. I spent my entire working life outside so playing in lousy weather doesn't bother me in the least. I call it adventure golf. In fact, I love playing in snowstorms. Discs look so cool flying through the falling snow.

We don't get much snow here, at the most it's only 4 or 5 inches usually.
But I sure enjoy playing in what we do get.