• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] To all Discraft Users!

As kinda a wasp fanboy, I'm kinda glad to see alot of people giving it love.

I prefer the Buzzz b/c it's more comfortable but the Wasp feels so much like a Roc to me that I had to get one just b/c they're easier/cheaper to get in premium plastic. I don't have 5 hours and 30-40 bucks to find the Roc that is right for me. Not that that is the Roc's fault mind you ;)

Being out of the sport for a while, all my plastic was 20th century stuff. This past Spring I bought 6 or 8 discs most of which turned out to be Discraft. The ones I love but have not been mentioned much here are the Crush (great for the forearm flick) the Flash (really love this one and it added 60 - 75+ ft to my drives) and the one that started all this new plastic stuff the Cyclone. I've read a bunch of "what's in your bag" by the pros and many of them say that the Cyclone is a must have in the bag.

My 2 go to discs are:
Venom (how is that not mentioned on here yet??)
Glide (gets me out of any problem I'm in)

I also keep and use but not as often:
Buzzz
Flick
Flash

Have but don't use so often, but still like:
Slipstream
Wasp

Lost and wish I could find another:
Talon (my ace disc :( )

I reccomend trolling the What's Hot list on Marshall Street and Disc Golf Center's top seller's (eventhough those are nearly 100% Innova).

I've kind of worked the Surge out of my bag but I think I went through 7 or 8 of them in 18 months. Now it's the Force I keep loving and loosing. I buy everything max weight and I have a lot of discraft but I would say the discs I would purchase on a regular basis are ESP Buzz's, Forces, and Soft Magnets.

Living in a cold place (Boston) I don't understand the Z/Champion plastic which becomes too slippery in the wet and cold. I do see people throwing those plastics but I think people gravitate towards the ESP so maybe you want to have more of that on-hand.

Challenger
Surge
Avenger SS
Stratus
XL

Those are some of my favorite Discraft discs

Latest posts