• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top of your wishlist for 2011

I am heading to San Diego in Feb. Going to play Morley Field and Montiel Park one day. Then drive out to Sun Valley later in the week. Any other courses I should try to get to?

This year I plan on getting to:
Flip City, MI
Winter Park, WI
Ludington area, MI
Peoria area, IL
More crappy 9 holers in the Chicago burbs

Dexter, Dexter/Eugene Or
Zephyr Cove, Lake Tahoe NV
Grindstone Park, Ruidoso NM
Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort, Vadito NM
Lucky Mud DGC, Skamokawa WA

Anyone wants tour of Joralemon Park or Hyzer Creek let me know both are 40mins from my place and would love to show them off.

Kenjiac - My brother and I will take you up on that this Spring. We played 13 holes of Joralemon last Summer. Great course. We want to go back with more time to play all 27 holes. We will be play Hyzer the same weekend. I will PM you in a couple of months.

Iron Hill, DE
Carousel, DE
Quaker's Challenge, PA
Scarboro, MD
Poor House Farm, WV

and get back to Walnut Creek and Hawk Hollow, VA

My Grandmother lives up by Hyzer so we were going to stop and play Warwick on the way up. Then play Hyzer the next day.

Same with Hawk and Burke. We have family in Roanoke and are going to make a road trip out of it. May stop at other courses if we have time.

West Va courses would be a two day road trip with a stay at motel.

I would love to make it to TX. Some really nice courses out your way. Maybe in 2012.

timber ridge is either va's second or third best imo and is in bedford- not all that far from roanoke. i can put you in contact with the course owner- it's not listed on the site.

I am heading to San Diego in Feb. Going to play Morley Field and Montiel Park one day. Then drive out to Sun Valley later in the week. Any other courses I should try to get to?

Sounds good. I'd stay away from Sun Valley though. It is a ball golf course that also has DG, but you have to play in between ball golfers and pay $5 for just two trips around their boring 9 hole course.

Instead, Id recommend trying out Kit Carson DG Park in Escondido (just 30 min north of Morley). It is very nice, but a shared park. Try to play your round early in the day here.

Also there is a newer course in Alpine (about 30 min east of Morley). I have not been yet, but from the looks of the pics/reviews here, Id say it might be worth the trip.

good question, i'll say...

1.Flip City
2. Idlewild
3. Maple Hill
4. Highbridge
5. Horning's hideout

Kenjiac - Have you played Central Park in Schenectady? Worth playing?
Yes i've played it alot. I'm on the not for profit board that had it installed.
Yes it's worth playing it's very nice and it's 10mins from my house 5mins if i get all green lights. You could do all 3 courses in one day if you start early about 35 mins between each one.

1. Shelton Springs, wa (spring)
2. Flyboy Aviation, GA (summer ?)
3. Wailea River State Park, Hilo, HI (summer)
4. Roche Harbor DGC, Friday Harbor, Wa (winter)
5. Lloyd Park, London, ENG (summer?)

I will for sure hit 3/5, maybe 4/5. However, with a kid comming any week now, traveling to go dg will increasingly get more difficult.

In no particular order:

1. Walnut Ridge in Des Moines, Ia
2. Va-Du-Mar Boiling Springs, SC
3. Stoney Hill Newberry, SC
4. Flyboy Aviation, Douglasville, Ga
I know it may sound different, but it's because it's near my hometown and I remember people talking about playing there growing up.
5. Edmundson, Oskaloosa, Ia

It's more for the novelty, retro, and the fact that I didn't start playing until after I left Ottumwa, Iowa.

This is fun, 'cause these are courses that I WILL play this year. I'm already planning the trip, and have friends/family in every stop!

1.) Beaver Ranch, Co.
2.) Phantom Falls, Co.
3.) Ghost Town, Co.
4.) Solitude Mountain, Ut.
5.) Morley Field, Ca.

Morley is a classic, so I have to hit it.

Ghost Town just seems like a cool spot. A new twist.

The others speak for themselves, me-thinks!

If I had to pick one that is a complete fantasy trip, it would be Diamond X.

Hands down.

But who the hell goes to Montana?

When is that ever convenient?

Yeah, Diamond X and the course in Antarctica would top my list if I could go anywhere. I actually might get to Montana, I have relatives there, but they're in Great Falls and Helena, not in Billings.

If I had to pick one that is a complete fantasy trip, it would be Diamond X.

Hands down.

But who the hell goes to Montana?

When is that ever convenient?

It's not too far from Yellowstone, and my family camps there every year.

That's about my only shot.

As for Antarctica? Pass.

Throwing in the snow is already getting old...