• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trilogy Challenge

We're considering hosting one at a private course. We haven't done any major event, so it wouldbe awesome.

I will for sure be looking into running one of these at one of my local courses.

Trying to send a message through the website to get some more information now. It's saying that my email address appears to be invalid, but I've tried all of my email addresses and they all are functioning. Anyone know what's going on?

This is tempting to me. I ran a Vibram Birdie Bash last year, and had a great time.

But I don't throw any Vibram, and love Lat64 stuff. This does not sound quite as simple to run as the Birdie Bash, though.....
Do it! I'm hoping someone in C'bus decides to put one of these together. Frankly I'm a little surprised that DG Mart doesn't do more of these kinds of events in order to get people into the game.

Rusco was telling me the general ideas behind this around the time of Worlds last summer I think. It sounded so much more than just an ace race. Three protos, that appear to be in base plastic which I think is awesome and helps them keep adding on all that extra like the bag tag and lanyard, koozie, etc.
Being able to play regular courses and hole lengths while testing new discs. Plus a very good payout to the winner.

The only thing that I'm a little peeved about is I will have to wait until the very end to enjoy the finale trilogy challenge in Emporia. I guess that's the tradeoff. Someone in Salina, Manhattan, or Wichita KS needs to do one so I can attend that. Or I guess I could go to KC. I hope any misprints or extras of these protos in the base plastic I can buy at the shop. Would love to have this stamp for some throwers or to give away to new players. If anyone wants to sell their's lightly used with no ink after your challenge you should hit me with a PM and find out if I'm looking. :thmbup:

I think some sort of divisions should be in play. like the big prize is for the Open group. and maybe one brand new Trilogy disc of the winners choice for the other. (not a base proto, a premium production run)

Trilogy Challenge - Throw all Trilogy plastic and not end up a douchebag

Game On!

Divisions would be nice. As a newer player to DG I have zero chance of winning the big prize against much better players, so the only reason I'd sign up for this is to get the discs in the players pack. My problem is that considering all the wooded courses I play, base plastic mids and drivers that beat up quickly aren't usually good disc choices for me. So I'm probably out, unless there are other incentives.

There are no divisions in a Discraft Ace Race either. I think there just isn't enough money coming in to pay out a bunch of people and pay for the players packs. If you are a lesser skilled player look at it as playing a trophy only event. One of the Open/Adv players will probably in the prize but you can still compare yourself to everyone that would be in your division. That actually sparked a thought, ask your TD to have divisions and have trophy's or maybe even other prizes donated by local businesses.

Three protos, that appear to be in base plastic which I think is awesome and helps them keep adding on all that extra like the bag tag and lanyard, koozie, etc.
Being able to play regular courses and hole lengths while testing new discs. Plus a very good payout to the winner.
They do look like base plastic, don't they? Hmmm, my enthusiasm may be waning a little..

Divisions would be nice. As a newer player to DG I have zero chance of winning the big prize against much better players, so the only reason I'd sign up for this is to get the discs in the players pack. My problem is that considering all the wooded courses I play, base plastic mids and drivers that beat up quickly aren't usually good disc choices for me. So I'm probably out, unless there are other incentives.

I don't really see a need for divisions at the "Ace Race" type events.

1) With the nice players packs, everyone wins.
2) The atmosphere is usually more casual than regular tournaments. It is more about having fun vs. winning.

Thus, I think they are great for beginners.

Will likely host one in Southern Maryland. But 1 round seems a little short of an event for $30.

edit: Idea just came to mind -- including a seperate putting cometition stage and driving accuracy stage for points toward the grand prize would spice this up a little. and three events would fit in with the trilogy theme

Last edited:
I don't really see a need for divisions at the "Ace Race" type events.

1) With the nice players packs, everyone wins.
2) The atmosphere is usually more casual than regular tournaments. It is more about having fun vs. winning.

Thus, I think they are great for beginners.

Oh I didn't realize these were going to be mostly ace race events. I just read on the Trilogy site that "The most popular format is one round, best score wins", and assumed most would be normal rounds.

Oh I didn't realize these were going to be mostly ace race events. I just read on the Trilogy site that "The most popular format is one round, best score wins", and assumed most would be normal rounds.
you are right, this is not advertised as an ace race event. Although DD has left the specific ruleset up the TD. :clap: