• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trouble throwing past 450

taylor7886

Hello hello golfer's! My name is Seth and I have been playing right at 2 years. I am trying to increase my Distance but can't seem to consistently break over 450ft. My best drives have been just a little over 450ft. So.....Any of you long arms out there want to shed a little light on the topic I would love to hear any helpful idea's to add more ft. I do know that most holes do not require me to throw this far ,but it's something I am trying to work on regardless. Thanks again everyone!

look up the member "searchingfordistance." He's in the same boat:D.

I have been working on my putt a lot as well as my distance. My putt is good but there is always room for improvement and time for practice. I feel confident in both jump and regular putts.

Come on over to DGR and ask Dan Beato and Bradley Walker how they do it. BW's snap video is great for adding some distance.

Many of the top players in the world do not *consistently* throw >450ft. There must be bigger holes in your game than an extra 20 or 30 feet on your drives, if you've only been playing for 2 years. Unless your name is Schweb.

You can always find something in every golf player that they can improve on. I have been playing for 2 years and a lot of time went into where I am now as a player. I started last year playing pdga tournaments and currently have a 960's rating PDGA# 40832. This post was simply to find some of the bigger arm players so they could offer advice on what works for them. I know my golf game has holes in it ,but so does everyone else's. No offense to anyone ,but every player has something they wish they could do better. I simply would like to throw farther. One of the main reason's I wish to throw farther distance on a drive is to also increase the distance I can throw mid-range and putters. I'm not in it to show off ,but to improve :)

You can always find something in every golf player that they can improve on. I have been playing for 2 years and a lot of time went into where I am now as a player. I started last year playing pdga tournaments and currently have a 960's rating PDGA# 40832. This post was simply to find some of the bigger arm players so they could offer advice on what works for them. I know my golf game has holes in it ,but so does everyone else's. No offense to anyone ,but every player has something they wish they could do better. I simply would like to throw farther. One of the main reason's I wish to throw farther distance on a drive is to also increase the distance I can throw mid-range and putters. I'm not in it to show off ,but to improve :)

I think your question is valid and more distance is always valuable. I would say do what the previous poster said about checking the Snap thread on DGR, work out, and stay dedicated to it. I will warn you though that many of us have got up in trying to achieve more distance and it has costed us in other aspects of our game. A player who can throw any drive he wants out to 400 can be a 1000 player easy and would never need to throw 450+.

I'd say work on your putting. Distance takes time to develop. Where/how are you measuring your throws?

Have you tried becoming a Swedish citizen? I hear that adds at least 50'.

Try a Nuke, or a Katana. The latter added major D for me. Of course I am thrilled to death to be able to reach 400 on flat ground with a favorable wind.

If you have already reached this level and are having problems finding some helpful advice on the web, then maybe it is time to find a local Pro for some constructive criticism.

I am still working on the basics and find the articles on discgolfreview.com very helpful. They also have a forum like DGCR you can search for help, videos, and tips.

I have been thinking on a way that you maybe should not pull your arm as far back as you can :,keep trying to have the arm a bit away from totaly straight.SO then you don´t need to pull the disc so far before release and you can put more power into it and it will maybe also give extra spin coz your arm will be more bent so went you come across you chest and starts getting to the release point it will spin around more then normal....THIS Can be true but I haven´t had time to try this one out.

I have been playing for almost 6 years now and my longest throw was around 500+ft but it was a perfect side wind crossing my throw from left to right and that probably put some extra 70 ft to my regular throw.My NORMAL drives are around 400-450.

Have you tried becoming a Swedish citizen? I hear that adds at least 50'.

Its funny, but sad, because I would be willing to try it to break that 300' plateau.

Also, Mark Maguire says a good steroid regiement will do the trick. Just fess up later, after you break some records, and its all good.