• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Trust midrange 5 | 5 | 0| 2

seedlings

* Ace Member *
The L64 Royal plastic feels great (but I also like Gstar), on the soft side of firm (ESP/Star?), and grippy. I didn't have room in the bag for distance drivers or putters, but had been kinda on the lookout for a comfortable mid with more stability than a Buzzz. I used to throw the Emac Truth (prime) and regular Truth (lucid) - also some beaded mids feel uncomfortable (Roc). The Royal Trust is a beadless Emac Truth, basically. It's also a little flatter top than the Emac Truth.

Nice disc.

I've been looking at buying this. A lot of the YouTube reviews say the HSS on this is more like -1. Any insight?

I've been looking at buying this. A lot of the YouTube reviews say the HSS on this is more like -1. Any insight?

My experience with Trilogy is discs fly the numbers out of the box and beat in to less stable, while, say, Innova, starts more stable and beats into the numbers. I have a Z Glo Buzzz with more turn than the Trust. It is fair to say that the Trust flies like an Emac Truth does, after it's seen a dozen tree-hit rounds. At 300' there is no turn. At 400' I bet it turns a little, but I may never get there.

I spent more time with the Trust today in the field. Threw into stiff headwind and it didn't turn much at all, so that's a great sign. Buzzz turned and stayed right. Bounty was hard not to go cutroll. I don't have the Prime Emac Truth in the bag to compare. (Prime wouldn't be a fair comparison anyway).

Got two first runs, but only yesterday got to throw them a bit more. In brief I gotta say really like them.

My only issue with them is actually surprisingly the plastic. I think it is the slickest plastic in Latitude lineup, but I'm hoping the wear and tear will give the surface a bit more texture making it more grippy.

Flightwise this is pretty much ideal in my books. It is a touch slower that the Truths and Compasses, which shows in mellower fade while still retaining quite a bit of HSS. For me it didn't turn at all into a slight headwind with 300' power. At the same time I can throw it into a tailwind and not drift too much left.

Somehow the slower speed didn't cost me at all in the distance either. It was consistently up there with the Compass and Truth, while those two would sometimes miss the mark quite a bit in the wind.

So I think I will move forward with Fuse - Trust - Verdict combo with Trust taking the workhorse role. Time will tell how it beats in and if I have room for two Trusts in the same bag.

Mine has bumped my EMac for now. Time will tell.

How's this working out for you? EMacs are my favorite workable mid. So when I saw the Trust come out it seemed like the same basic disc so I have not bought one....been tempted. It would be hard to get me off of emac truths so I'm curious what ended up in your bag?

How's this working out for you? EMacs are my favorite workable mid. So when I saw the Trust come out it seemed like the same basic disc so I have not bought one....been tempted. It would be hard to get me off of emac truths so I'm curious what ended up in your bag?

I have only thrown Prime Emac Truths. The Trust is a tick slower, which I really like, as the Emac can get fairway distance sometimes. If you like the Emac, there's no need to throw the Trust. I happened to need a mid in between a Buzzz and a Justice. I was going to wait for an MD3, but that'll take a year.

I have only thrown Prime Emac Truths. The Trust is a tick slower, which I really like, as the Emac can get fairway distance sometimes. If you like the Emac, there's no need to throw the Trust. I happened to need a mid in between a Buzzz and a Justice. I was going to wait for an MD3, but that'll take a year.

I throw a Buzzz and a Justice and a Verdict that sits nicely right between them. :D

RPM Kotuku. Well worth a look.

Or the Reactor from MVP.

I ditched the verdict the first time it turned over into a headwind and drifted very far right, throwing xXx or Raptor for those shots.
I've found Verdicts hugely inconsistent. I got one that are more flippy than my beat in Truth, but for example the Clemonade ones are almost Gator-like.

Trust still in the bag. I don't really notice a flight difference, but I like the Trust plastic way more.

Picked one of these up to toss around. Threw it and a fresh KC Roc 180 gram back to back. Trust is 178 grams, shallow dome on both. Roc has maybe a touch more.

Anyways they flew nearly the same lines and distances. The Trust seemed to get there just a tick faster with a little less glide where the Roc was a tick slower but relies on glide to get there. They were landing within a few feet of each other several times.

I thought the Trust would be longer then the Roc but they were side by side. The Trust plastic is very grippy and medium-firm flex. Versus of course the KC plastic is stiff and medium low on the grip end.

Oh yeah before I threw them both I deflashed them.

Almost new KC Roc = 4/5/0/2

New Trust = 5/4/0/2

I've bagged a first run Trust since the day it released and it still doesn't flip at all on throws up to 320'.

I love the disc and it's not going anywhere, but I have been wondering if the production runs are any less stable and could complement the fr well?

My experience with Trilogy is discs fly the numbers out of the box and beat in to less stable, while, say, Innova, starts more stable and beats into the numbers. I have a Z Glo Buzzz with more turn than the Trust. It is fair to say that the Trust flies like an Emac Truth does, after it's seen a dozen tree-hit rounds. At 300' there is no turn. At 400' I bet it turns a little, but I may never get there.
I had a similar experience with Trilogy. The molds I tried all seemed to fly more understable than the flight numbers suggested (fuse, escape, truth, trespass, suspect) save for the XXX.

I had a similar experience with Trilogy. The molds I tried all seemed to fly more understable than the flight numbers suggested (fuse, escape, truth, trespass, suspect) save for the XXX.
I feel like the newer stuff, especially the Royal / Supreme ones, have been more accurate. The only exception so far, for me, has been the Supreme Escape, which was super flippy for an Escape.

I feel like the newer stuff, especially the Royal / Supreme ones, have been more accurate. The only exception so far, for me, has been the Supreme Escape, which was super flippy for an Escape.
It's been about 6 years since I've thrown a trilogy disc so I can't comment on the newer stuff.

I tried a pair of glow escapes around 2014 IIRC and I remember being told they're like a teebird. Both of them had negative HSS for me and turned pretty easily.

I did bag the suspect and trespass for a bit though. Even though they weren't as overstable as expected, they flew great for me.

I find the Trust very similar to Westside's Pine. Flight, feel, the whole shebang.