• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Two calls. One disc.

Chiefstang

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
After a steady rain, I threw my plastic into a swift moving, swollen, muddy river on the 9th at Parma DGC. It wash gone at splashdown.

Two days later, I'm at work and get a call that I can't answer. After checking my voicemail I get:

"Hello! I was walking my dog at Parma and I found a frisbee with your name and number on it. There's a metal thing here with a number 6 on it, that I think you guys use as a hole. I'll leave it there for you."

Great. IN the basket. I can't get out of work, so that's just gift wrapped for somebody.

Five minutes later my phone rings:

"Hey found your disc in the basket on 6 at Parma. Can I leave it somewhere for you?"

AWESOME! It washed a couple hundred yards downstream, but I got TWO calls in ten minutes... And one was from a dog lady!

I don't know if anybody cares, but I thought it was cool, and just shows that Karma does exist. I call EVERY number I see on a disc and I've gotten a few returned. My buddy doesn't, and he hasn't. He hates it, but it just goes to show:

CALL THE NUMBER!!!

thats sweet cheif, I figure the amount of discs you will get returned to you is dependent on the number of times you've kept someone elses and shouldn't have, so give em back and get yours back!

:thmbup: Good for you Sean. I believe in Karma too. This week I returned 2 discs and a towel. And most of the time I get calls on mine. What goes around, comes around.

yeah, do the right thing. otherwise the original owner will see you throwing their disc at the course, and they'll... they'll get ya.

thats awesome i wish that would happen to me my name and number is on all of my discs and i accidently left 3 sitting at hole 11 at greenbriar no calls..sometimes i hate people

It looks like I won't be able to get out to that course tonight. I'll have to wait for the weekend!

I had him put it in a pretty safe place, but I wonder if I'll get a third call?

How come like 90% of people here believe in karma?

Let's take this one facet of Hinduism and apply it to why I think people should give me back my stuff

How come like 90% of people here believe in karma?

Let's take this one facet of Hinduism and apply it to why I think people should give me back my stuff

'Cause it's real. Didn't you read the post?:doh:

Your right, karma does exist because someone called your phone number that you wrote on your disc.

Oh wait.

I write my number on all of my discs, I have lost two and returned three. Nobody has ever called me.

I just proved it doesn't exist, the same way you proved it does

Your right, karma does exist because someone called your phone number that you wrote on your disc.

Oh wait.

I write my number on all of my discs, I have lost two and returned three. Nobody has ever called me.

I see what you did there.

Oh wait.

Seems like your entire MO here is to disagree with everyone. What's your deal, no hugs kiddo?

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, sorry, I should have kept my mouth shut.

I just see so much stuff on here about karma, and it's weird

Maybe because disc golf originated from hippies

EDIT: whoa, this wasn't supposed to be a response to yours, but it oddly worked out

Regardless if its real or not, its actually a great way to look at life. Be nice, get nice. Be a dick, get ......

I guess to me that is looking through rose colored glasses. It just isn't the way it seems to work

nice, Chief!

i only ever lost one disc at Parma and it made its way back to me. thanks again to that one guy that mailed it to TX for me.

disc karma exists!!

I guess Mao really got what was coming to him

And Stalin

And Castro

Good lord man, you cant do that. You should know there's always an exception to the "rule". And I use that term loosely, "rule". As I don't think it's necessarily a "rule" and it certainly doesn't run my life, but if it makes me a better person for doing so, great! Are you a person who returns discs?

Idiots do and get great things, as well as good people get bad, sure. I can understand you not believing in the fundamental's of "karma", but how could someone argue about the principles?

I return discs.

I am done with this thread drift, I did not intend it.

sorry chiefstang, it was a good story, always nice to get a call for a disc

Latest posts