• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Typically the creative players are less skilled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not disagree with you not sure why you are preaching to me

If you do not disagree with me than why is your thread posted the way it is and your original post says otherwise... You were complaining about how unskilled players take a small window and destroy vegetation and open up new lines... I then explain that skilled and unskilled players both can cause damage to vegetation and then you ask why I am preaching to you?? Are you just an idiot or did you make this thread just to get some drama posted on here??

If you do not disagree with me than why is your thread posted the way it is and your original post says otherwise... You were complaining about how unskilled players take a small window and destroy vegetation and open up new lines... I then explain that skilled and unskilled players both can cause damage to vegetation and then you ask why I am preaching to you?? Are you just an idiot or did you make this thread just to get some drama posted on here??

Ding ding ding ding.

Either the whole thread was intended to stir up "controversy" or the OP is just an extremely poor communicator. Or both.

This thread makes my brain hurt. Maybe it's the pollen. :\

Sometimes I'll opt for a smaller gap if the line is basically the same as my previous drive or two just b/c it's a bit more dialed in so the risk/reward is mostly a wash. Can't say I've gone stampeding through saplings from this strategy thoug.

The creative or unintened line can sometimes be more difficult to hit but with less downside. Example is a hole on a local course with a 45 degree slope on the left. There's a tighter RHFH line I sometimes play because often throwing the intended RHBH flex or H-flip up the middle will result in a huge tree kick heading left 50-100 feet downhill, god help you if it rolls. The forehand gap is less likely to result in a two, but also less likeky to result in a 4 or 5. All about options and risk/reward, not about the course designer's ego.

Take a lesson from the good people at Reese's, they don't care how you eat their delicious peanut buttery confections, as long as you enjoy them and go back for more.

Ding ding ding ding.

Either the whole thread was intended to stir up "controversy" or the OP is just an extremely poor communicator. Or both.

Maybe he majored in communication.

Trollface_emoticon.png

Status
Not open for further replies.