• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UB Disc Golf?

They owe you a shirt AND a refund. This needs to be made right.

Yikes, this sounds pretty bad. Running a business like his has to be difficult, and thats likely part of the reason you're being so civil about it. But still, thats pretty unacceptable.

That is a shame to hear that this is still ongoing. Thought when the UB rep chimed in on this forum it was an opportunity to explain himself and show that he had made the necessary changes to improve his operation. Apparently it was all talk and zero follow through, which actually makes it a whole lot worse. If there is one customer he should have made good with it was this guy, seeing as how he proclaimed to everyone reading this thread he had made positive changes. That is a lot of negative impressions that got to see the poor customer service verified by yet another failure. Just bad business.

UB disc golf is getting smeared on one of the biggest disc golf forums. If this did not already wake him up to change this, re bump will not either. Steve it seems like you will never get your shirt. UB disc golf you have a rough start to your life as a company and actions like this will only go to prove your inability to run a professional and respectful business. Is it really that hard? Look at communitydiscs justin has done it starting from the MP and look at what he is doing now, one of the best places to order from period. c'mon UB man up for real this time.

Yikes, this sounds pretty bad. Running a business like his has to be difficult, and thats likely part of the reason you're being so civil about it. But still, thats pretty unacceptable.

I pride myself on trying to be reasonable, and I understand that life sometimes gets in the way. Back when this was going on, Michael was waiting for my size of shirt from his supplier (medium, we're not talking something wild here) and admittedly I should have followed up more diligently (even if I shouldn't really have to).

Honestly, I don't want a shirt at this point, because I don't want to show off a product for a company that could have these delays with other potential customers.

I'm happy to report that this situation finally received proper resolution.

Michael contacted me and refunded my sale, plus an additional $10 for the inconvenience. He was polite and courteous the whole time, and I wish him luck on his future endeavors with UB Disc Golf.

When I bought my shirts from UB the ordering wasnt bad. From what he told me is that he sends out for the design and makes them himself. I give him credit for making this business and making it work. To me the only downside is that once he makes the money she should spend it on getting a plotter to print the designs himself.

Other then that, i wear at least one of my shirts weekly when i play the mini's back home

ub disc golf

For a "professional" t-shirt apparel company, these simple designs are horrible! Im all for a small business starting out and how it helps the economy..blah blah blah, but I can't believe people actually buy this. I've herd through the grape vine that UB= under the basket? Don't you want to make it in the basket? But back to the designs . its shows how little (but big) the disc golf market really is, and why larger companies won't waste their time in investing in this sport. There is no way this a profitable company. Some 20yr old kid living at his parents that went to a local 2 year graphic school, that thinks he knows everything about running a company. Bad service, horrible paint shop designs, with splatter paint. if i was a player wearing this shirt i would be alittle embarrased.

I ordered a tshirt and a hoodie only to have received the tshirt after 3 weeks of ordering the products. I've contacted UB through FB private messaging and have not heard anything about the hoodie. I didn't spend forty something dollars to get an incomplete order. I'm really disappointed and I won't be making purchases through them again.

I ordered a tshirt and a hoodie only to have received the tshirt after 3 weeks of ordering the products. I've contacted UB through FB private messaging and have not heard anything about the hoodie. I didn't spend forty something dollars to get an incomplete order. I'm really disappointed and I won't be making purchases through them again.

According to FB he is either goin to be a parent or just became one, not sure if this affected your particular order, either way though.

Funny sidenote, for the whole month or whatever that Brainwave was doing a higher volume of dyes, he mistakenly sent or didnt send out a lot of stuff, also had trouble verifying who sent what etc. nobody got all crazy on DGCR about it that I ever saw. So, while I realize Jeff hadnt made himself out to be an established business, we all realize that UB is prolly very small, understaffed or whatever and should take that into consideration before posting negative things.

It's not the customers responsibility to make several phone calls or send several messages to a place they made a purchase from ideally. In that regard UB for sure has some work to do. As well as in the customer service area, getting right eventually isnt the same as doing good business. Mistakes happen, but they seem to be the same mistakes over and over again, at least that we read about.

I hope UB succeeds and I hope its because they put out a good product and have good service.

2 years later, still scamming along!
Alicia Hope Zerbe
January 5 at 4:02pm.

I ordered a shirt three weeks before Christmas. Have sent two emails and gotten no response. Would be nice to get my money back or get the shirt...

Melea Burke
January 2 at 2:40pm.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY I ordered a T-shirt from UB Disc Golf on 11-30-14 for my brother's Christmas present. Twenty (20) days later on 12-18-14, I still had not received anything. I emailed the company asking where my order was and for tracking info. I received a one-line reply stating that they would send another shirt (still no tracking info). It's been another two weeks and despite continued emails, I have yet to receive any further information about my order. This is beyond ridiculous. Don't do business with this con artist.

Anyone who preorder a bag, ever get one? I assume not...

asdf.jpg

Last edited:
Drag. I was all about giving these dudes a chance to redeem themselves, but they seem to suffer from a serious case of biting off more than they can chew. Bummer.

I wish I could say I warned you guys....oh wait, I did. :|

Multiple times. :| :|

I think these guys had nice plastic and nice putter. Too bad they have no business/management/ sense.

There is NOT enough maturity in the UB camp to run a "company" or anything else for that matter it seems...:\.

I used to be proud of a company making discs in Missisippi, now I might have to back pedal on my opinion :doh:.

Last edited: