• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UB Hand Candy Iko Backpack!

I just can't wrap my brain around how a "production delay" can last for over a year.

I get that preorders get delayed all the time for one reason or another. IMHO I don't really expect on schedule delivery every time I preorder something.

But to go off the grid, then randomly turn up with the bags over a year later is really strange to me. Like, wouldn't you have kept the 19 preorder guys in the loop the whole time? I mean the guys you sold bags had to have written off ever getting the bags or their money back a long time ago, and now the bag is just going to appear a year later? I mean, its a nice bonus for those guys I guess.

I just don't get it.

All that to say, I was intrigued by the initial protos. I thought it was a cool bag. I'm not in the market for a bag at the moment, so its not like I have a horse in any anti UB sentiment being thrown around. I'm also not trying to bad mouth anyone's business. I just find this whole situation VERY strange.

I have a nice dri fit UB shirt that I wear a lot.

And I have a UB disc that I believe is a turd.

My unsolicited opinion on this latest go round. If I "went dark" I would certainly not come back using my same name, I'd establish a front corporation and dissociate myself from it as much as legally possible. Especially if I was now on the up and up. There is an awful lot of damage done and it's gonna be a long uphill battle to clear the name.

I think it is better that they come back and face the music/abuse. Let UB take their licks and PROVE to us that they are in this for the long haul.

It will be a long road to redemption...but it isn't an impossible achievement. Stick with it and make sure the customer always leaves happy. My goal with RDG has always been to "never lose a customer" and despite many bumps in the road, I think we have done a decent job of doing just that.

I'm rooting for you guys. Keep on striving for a superior customer experience and eventually you will come out on top. You just have to get through a lot of crap to rebuild your rep.

I think it is better that they come back and face the music/abuse. Let UB take their licks and PROVE to us that they are in this for the long haul.

It will be a long road to redemption...but it isn't an impossible achievement. Stick with it and make sure the customer always leaves happy. My goal with RDG has always been to "never lose a customer" and despite many bumps in the road, I think we have done a decent job of doing just that.

I'm rooting for you guys. Keep on striving for a superior customer experience and eventually you will come out on top. You just have to get through a lot of crap to rebuild your rep.

Why root for people who have a history of scamming people? You dont need to defend this moron nor should you probably even make posts like this. Keep all things RDG fsr away.

Did you read all the complaints on FB by people who were ripped off? Doubt those ever got squared up.

I just can't wrap my brain around how a "production delay" can last for over a year.

I have no personal attachment to this situation in any way. But, I can tell you that year long delays can happen. I work in the window covering industry and we have had a year long issue with getting a particular stainless steel component of appropriate quality in stock.

Two totally different industries, sure. But strange things can happen. And, trust me, it's no fun explaining our situation to customers, either.

Just a thought.

Please carry on with your normal viewing.

I got mine on Saturday and i played a round today. It is really comfortable to wear. I have 21 discs in there with room for 2 to 3 more. IMO it was worth the long wait. It is a top notch backpack.

My lust for this bag since it was first announced forced me to make a few sales to pick one up.
I should have my Iko on Wednesday/Thursday and will report back with my findings.

I know UB won't be able to win back all of the potential fans that they lost due to the Hucker fiasco and two year bag order hiatus...but I am hopeful that the release of the Iko gets them on the right trajectory.

I got mine on Saturday and i played a round today. It is really comfortable to wear. I have 21 discs in there with room for 2 to 3 more. IMO it was worth the long wait. It is a top notch backpack.

compared to what other bags that you own? seems weird to say that when you haven't even used the thing for very long. :rolleyes: I mean whatever but still would never give my $ to this company (lol) when you have legit people trying to make a living off disc golf.

Jcass...... :SMH: :thmbdown: who cares?!

Jcass...... :SMH: :thmbdown: who cares?!

I love good comeback story...:D

If you recall, I almost linked up with Salient in an attempt to help shift their public persona (then I realized that was an impossible feat)

I 100% agree that UB has conducted business very poorly in the past. I was a victim of the Hucker fiasco myself. But I do believe that people can change and from what I can tell, UB is here to make things right.

I'm crossing my fingers that my gut it right on this one and UB begins to undo the wrong that they had previously done and start carving out their own unique niche in the game.

Couple of quick snap shots of my new Iko. Review coming soon...

SbUfbiY.jpg

DMet56Z.jpg

5x2DQSa.jpg

HK4WkJx.jpg

hTThBQY.jpg

n1aJRX8.jpg

NN1LDjS.jpg

x7FRNvX.jpg

The problems and questionable business decisions aside I do like the look and layout of the bag.

The problems and questionable business decisions aside I do like the look and layout of the bag.

Agreed. I'm not pleased with UB's past but I'm hoping that will eventually be water under the bridge.

The IKO is a really strong offering in the mid size backpack market. I am a previous owner of a Grip C14 and this bag shores up a few of my Qualms of a fantastic design.

I plan to wear it for several rounds before I write a formal review but I will say I'm quite pleased so far.

Well it appears he has the ergonomic straps loosened. The best way to adjust this bag is to put it on and adjust it to the point that it is as high as possible while being comfortable and easy to put on and off. Once you get that adjusted, you would then tighten the straps up top while the bag is on. You can feel they weight of the bag raise further up to your shoulders instead of your lower back once those adjustments are made.

Curious why the bag is so much taller than the shoulder straps tops?

The weight of the discs being higher on the back will help alleviate stress on your back and make the load feel lighter. It's one of the reasons backpack feel more comfortable than conventional top loaders with quads. I'm guessing this bag is just taking that idea a step further.

Any updates on the bag from anyone who received one, and whats the deal with the website (or lack thereof)?