• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ugly throws need help

Try a slow overstable disc to work on fh like a star firebird or star xcalibur those two are great for helping your forehand. i love the firebirds for my finess shots and as soon as you learn on them you can move up speeds and try out the destroyers and bosses for forehand throws just dont recommend throwing the higher speeds at first. and try having a looser grip instead of gripping to hard.

Your grip could be all or part of the problem, you could also be, as previously mentioned, "muscling" the disc.

When the disc gets a lot of forward motion/speed without enough spin, you can get a lot of wobble out of the gate. This happens to me with forearm shots.

Try curling your wrist more during the pullback, and make sure you're using your wrist as a spring instead of a lever, so to speak. Additionally, during the release/hit, try pinching down between your index and thumb more instead of pinching with your whole hand. This creates a single pivot point for the disc to roll out of, instead of making the disc rip out of your entire hand, and potentially getting less spin.