• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Unconventional putters?

dhyde7723

Bogey Member
Anyone regularly use something to put, other than a putter?

I don't like the way deep rims feel leaving my hand, and so after a few years of struggling with various putters, I recently found joy in the tangent (a mid). But in crazy wind I sometimes use the XXX.

Anyone else putt with something not intended for the purpose?

my first "putter" was a Mako and I have 1 buddy that uses a Cro and another that uses a Skeeter.

one of the guys i play with uses a roc. he is deadly with it too. whatever goes in the chains. the cro is a fun putter.

Vibram Trak for straight shots, Obex for the pesky around the tree putts. The only time I really use a putter is when I can only go straight through some trees.

Eh, we have been around and around with this...mids have more glide than putters. Can you putt with them? Sure. Just don't miss. When you miss they glide on by for a long comeback and the dreaded three putt. Since most of us miss (a lot) in the long run you are better off figuring out the grip and using a putter.

I have a friend who putts with a groove. He also drives and throws approaches with it. Plays pretty decent.

When I first started I had a bag full of 27 drivers. Nothing but drivers and I would putt with a boss into the headwind and a leopard into the tailwind...glad those days are over.

A guy here in Jackson, MS won the 1996 putting world championships with rocs, and he still whoops all of our asses on the daily using rocs.

Eh, we have been around and around with this...mids have more glide than putters. Can you putt with them? Sure. Just don't miss. When you miss they glide on by for a long comeback and the dreaded three putt. Since most of us miss (a lot) in the long run you are better off figuring out the grip and using a putter.

Just learn how to putt with a putter you'll be better off

Latest posts