• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Uplink -Midrange (complete historical records of its awesomeness)

I need to probably take only the uplink out to get a feel for it but I threw it several times yesterday. Goes without saying it's not as understable as the Paradox but the one thing that struck me is how late it was turning over. Some shots with the paradox feel like they are already flipping out of my hand. The uplink seemed to go straight for quite a while and then rotated. It was certainly nice to see that.

I'm with you there! Thing I found cool is how it sort of has a predisposition to just go straight. Sure it might turn a little, it might fade a little but it's generally right near the line. The late turning anhyzer has been a little interesting and it's ability to hold an anny line up short fairly easily...

You would think from the numbers for turn/fade that they are very similar discs. I guess it's hard to say the uplink has less fade than the paradox but it sets down smoother with a slow panning fade and a much better chance of fighting out of a gentle turn... but it also turns on short 150' easier than my fresh esp comet. Paradox is a very late dump and done and can get some crazy side to side action etc.

Be interesting to play a competition round with only it as my mid and a couple putters and drivers.

You would think from the numbers for turn/fade that they are very similar discs. I guess it's hard to say the uplink has less fade than the paradox but it sets down smoother with a slow panning fade and a much better chance of fighting out of a gentle turn... but it also turns on short 150' easier than my fresh esp comet. Paradox is a very late dump and done and can get some crazy side to side action etc.

I'd say the Uplink is noticeably more HSS with similar LSS to the paradox. The paradox is just...not stable anywhere in flight and I love it lol

Popped a 125' ish lazer through a 3' gap with the uplink into a tonal, carding my first ace with it. Nothing great haha, first shot, I usually hit that one with a seasoned glow comet, #8 at my place.

Uplink held better ground against the paradox about even tonight with the ace and the bad turn for the paradox on my steep downhill, the uplink held it like a champ... flat and straight to a late turn about halfway which it held locking onto the pin, then took a slow fade for an easy putt. I thought the paradox had a bunch of hyzer but I was very very. Very wrong. It just kept on turning ended up about 150' wide haha.

Uplink is still having trouble going too far...

Possibly an unpopular take, but after a friend got me an Uplink, I'm less than impressed. I need to throw it some more, for sure, but I was hoping for a HEX "SS" and got something with significantly less HSS. Based on the reviews here, I can't even imagine a Paradox if this is more overstable....... Again, I'm not done with it, but my initial impression is somewhat less than glowing.

Possibly an unpopular take, but after a friend got me an Uplink, I'm less than impressed. I need to throw it some more, for sure, but I was hoping for a HEX "SS" and got something with significantly less HSS. Based on the reviews here, I can't even imagine a Paradox if this is more overstable....... Again, I'm not done with it, but my initial impression is somewhat less than glowing.

Haha it's your personal results either way... no sense not having an opinion.

Yeah the uplink is more broken in comet than hex ss. In fact the middle ground would be a 176 Z comet (in my bag). The cool late turn with the uplink is definitely a little unique as well.

First league competition round with the uplink, pretty much that 2 envy's and a couple drivers. Played it way more than I should have haha. Had some trouble getting it good and straight and on line.

One downhill little high, right on target, glided for miles over top.

Couple real straight to straight lofty fade always 8' off line haha.

Best was the long lofty huge arc anhyzers.. Wow. Got some crazy long pans and the best loft just amazing! Even at some short distances it just held them all without going too deep.

Update: Threw the Uplink some more Sunday afternoon at the home course. Really only a couple of holes that call for it, but I wanted to make sure I gave it a fair shake. I wouldn't say that I fell in love by any means, or even that I'll bag it, but the Uplink was much more impressive this go 'round. The key seems to be that you have to throw it on hyzer no matter how hard you throw it......120' upshot, throw with hyzer, 330' drive, throw with hyzer. I was honestly a bit impressed with the distance potential, and even more so with the (believe ThrowaEnvy mentioned this) absurd, like last few revolutions, late turn. I don't recall another disc that doesn't really start turning til the last 1/3 of the flight. That being said, it may be too finicky for me to throw, and I love Meteors, so perhaps it wasn't meant to be, regardless. Looking forward to letting some other folks throw it and see what they think. Kinda hoping that the next iteration of US mid from MVP has a thicker (think Hex/Reactor) feeling rim, but perhaps I'm in the minority here.

Update: Threw the Uplink some more Sunday afternoon at the home course. Really only a couple of holes that call for it, but I wanted to make sure I gave it a fair shake. I wouldn't say that I fell in love by any means, or even that I'll bag it, but the Uplink was much more impressive this go 'round. The key seems to be that you have to throw it on hyzer no matter how hard you throw it......120' upshot, throw with hyzer, 330' drive, throw with hyzer. I was honestly a bit impressed with the distance potential, and even more so with the (believe ThrowaEnvy mentioned this) absurd, like last few revolutions, late turn. I don't recall another disc that doesn't really start turning til the last 1/3 of the flight. That being said, it may be too finicky for me to throw, and I love Meteors, so perhaps it wasn't meant to be, regardless. e.

Hey so meteor? How does that compare to the uplink? I threw a star meteor fr for a few years, the comet won out but I'd always thought the meteor would be awesome in Z or glow Z, it just needed a touch more stability for me. At the time it was only crystal Z special runs and Jay samms had that market cornered.

Meteor responds better to my power level, seems like the grip is more forgiving for my release. I throw both Z and ESP. They made Glo Z for a while but those are now OOP. Meteors have amazing glide, and the flight path can be manipulated to resemble a 350' FH, which is good, cuz I don't have that in me. The Meteor and Buzzz SS are similar, with the Meteor liking a bit more height and less power to shape. Good discs. The VvD tour series sparkles may be on the more OS (if that's a thing for a flippy mold) end of the spectrum.

Had a killer night 9 with the uplink , tried to play pairs with two ohms anda bounty, turned into uplink vs the world. I posted the long version in the mvp thread. I forgot I almost aced 2, almost got 3 and 5, low on 8 but Woody.

Amazing straight to late anhyzer on 5, crossed just in front of the pin but into the happy little tiny trees. Missed the 25' er first two times...

Uplink needs more love!!!!!!

I've got one but haven't thrown it. Should be like a straighter Paradox right?

I've got one but haven't thrown it. Should be like a straighter Paradox right?

Yeah pretty much I guess. Uplink is kinda unique, it turns later and more intuitively, unless you want it to turn sooner.

Had a great bomber yesterday I put a bunch of spin on it, dead straight to about 180' down the tunnel then it started a late anhyzer turn, flexed sideways about 35' crossed in front of the pin, stabled back out behind the pin. Total distance maybe 230.

Yeah pretty much I guess. Uplink is kinda unique, it turns later and more intuitively, unless you want it to turn sooner.

Had a great bomber yesterday I put a bunch of spin on it, dead straight to about 180' down the tunnel then it started a late anhyzer turn, flexed sideways about 35' crossed in front of the pin, stabled back out behind the pin. Total distance maybe 230.

There are a couple of holes at my local courses that could use a flight like that. I will have to try it.

There are a couple of holes at my local courses that could use a flight like that. I will have to try it.

Totally.. Probably be just like a paradox for you if you put enough steam on it.. I think they are pretty close but not. The thing with the uplink is getting it to ride that sweet flat spot. I find the paradox harder to control I need to use more nose up and some hyzer. The uplink I can throw with a touch of hyzer and I'm good, it more familiar to me for nose control and if I throw it a lot it doesn't mess me up as much when I pick up my putter, if that makes sense.

Totally.. Probably be just like a paradox for you if you put enough steam on it.. I think they are pretty close but not. The thing with the uplink is getting it to ride that sweet flat spot. I find the paradox harder to control I need to use more nose up and some hyzer. The uplink I can throw with a touch of hyzer and I'm good, it more familiar to me for nose control and if I throw it a lot it doesn't mess me up as much when I pick up my putter, if that makes sense.

Just went and tossed it a couple of times first one was a low powered hyzerflip. Went straight for like 270 uphill. Second was a turnover backhand that hit my garage door like 310-320 away. Seems like it could get squirrely but I get the appeal to the non forehand masses.

Have we heard with the stock stamp Uplinks will hit the market?

I have one and love it, but my son already has dibs on it once I buy more; he likes the stamp.

The stock vanilla stamp is more my speed, but the disc lays right for my game; I will pick up 2 or 3 stock neutrons once they hit.

I thought they were maybe coming with this month's batch, but my local brick and mortar got their shipment; no Uplinks (I did pick up a couple of sweet Eclipse Proxys though).

Well, maybe they will show up in some shipments later this month.

I will keep watching! I'm really clicking with the Uplink

Glad someone else is digging them too.. I played an ohm round tonight, I missed the uplink.

What kind of shots are you getting with it?

I get the late turn, using it as a finesse mid but my buddy says it's one of the straightest discs he's ever thrown (he putts soft deputy's)