• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Uplink -Midrange (complete historical records of its awesomeness)

I've been loving it for turnover shots. I've been working on my hyzer angles for flex shots, this is helping. I've brokebitbout for lower power hyzer stand stills fir a pushing hyzer line, it's money.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Got a 178 g and it seems to have kicked out the Svea from my bag. It seems a tad more consistent. Very easy to manipulate on low power throws as well.

I resisted the urge to put them in my bag for the tournament, so I pulled them out and used them on a course for the first time today. It is a very intuitive disc, for me. It flips up to flat and holds there for the rest of the flight better than anything else in my bag. I hit a couple of long, straight tunnels with them and those shots really made me smile. It also flies big turnover lines and rides the line out to a flat finish very well.

..........so I've been experimenting with and bagging a lot of more under stable discs. I think the Uplink just made my bag.

I jumped on here to see if anyone else was talking about this disc. I should've know it would be Throwa! :)

Hey it wasn't by any chance Kevin from Pack Ex you were playing with? haha. Hoping to see him this year at the tourney...

Glad some other folks are digging the uplink as well. The flip ups are fun, so is riding the tight line where you throw it almost flat and predict the turn/finish fade. That tiny bit of fade at the end with the late turn that holds is really unique, I keep looking at it in air and I'm like crap it faded, no ace and that's going to be wide.... then I walk up and its pretty much parked.

I've got one hole here I've struggled with for years, one of the many reasons I started throwing a FH. Maybe 220', 25' wide tunnel with about a 8' drop in elevation towards the end where the pin sits. Basically you have to throw it low which forces a nose down, which makes it turn too much. I have been peppering it with the uplink consistently, always waiting for the Bang! Just riding a close to flat, gentle turn that holds and in the last 8-10' hooks back. I have never had so many 10' putts or drop ins on that hole. Previously I was FH a fission volt.

Played a tourney with a guy, Dustin from a neighbouring island. He said:
"Man I sure love to watch you throw that disc!" Meaning, you shape smooth shots with it and look like a cool OG discer.. :D :thmbup:

I'm (obviously) really enjoying it, its sits in the bag underneath the Comet for stability. That turn man wow.. Funny thing is it steals a lot of shots from the Comet but it also provides me the same sort of joy to throw it. Just pure discgolf, kinda lid, kinda flippy, fun.

The glow Svea is retired until the dark of fall likely, I liked the Svea but it didn't have the same handling, sort of had a propensity to fly a stalled straight path even on hyzers.

Got a 178 g and it seems to have kicked out the Svea from my bag. It seems a tad more consistent. Very easy to manipulate on low power throws as well.

I tried out the Svea for this kind of shot last summer and I never really clicked with it. For me, it was much less forgiving on the flip up angles.

I gave my barely used uplink another shot today, in a windy round (18mph gusts). Pulled it for some longer tailwind approaches. Oh my, it hyzer flipped and rode going long but, I suddenly am looking for spots to use it. Parked two others in the round. One of them saving par. I am now looking forward to a less windy day to try a one disc round! Controlled flips and turnovers are in my future!

Damn, spent 45 minutes looking for my Uplink on hole 1. A sweet hyzer flip that went long because I put to much angle and it rode straight past tve dogleg. Slid sideways into the trunks of a small tree cluster. It's just to pretty to leave behind.
260e735d2cb1fb4dafacdbe1bd979f76.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I tried out the Svea for this kind of shot last summer and I never really clicked with it. For me, it was much less forgiving on the flip up angles.

I couldn't get the Svea to work either. I have the RPM Piwakawaka in the Uplink slot - just keep coming back to it. I swear there is some witchcraft in that disc.

I'm trying to work the Paradox into the bag as a pure weird/utility shot disc.

I couldn't get the Svea to work either. I have the RPM Piwakawaka in the Uplink slot - just keep coming back to it. I swear there is some witchcraft in that disc.

I'm trying to work the Paradox into the bag as a pure weird/utility shot disc.

I have not tried a Paradox.

I also have a Piwakawaka. I really want to carry it and make great shots with it, just so I can answer the question, "What did you throw there?" :) But I didn't click with it at first and I took it out of my bag and kind of forgot about it. I should carry it and compare it to the Uplink.

Been throwing the Uplink a lot lately. I originally shelved it after a couple rounds as it quite wasn't turning right as much as I hoped on lower powered shots, which I bought it for.

However, played some low disc rounds with the "dust collectors" and started to really enjoy throwing it. A lot. Has just enough stability to prevent it from being squirrely, and flew quite close to my dearly loved Caribous/Pteranodons. Its shallower profile makes it a more comfortable fit in my hand, and now I'm thinking of donating my stash of Caribous and Pteranodons...

The uplink has me hitting the practice field a lot recently, just a fun disc to throw and learn. Getting the right hyzer release has been tricky for me but I'm getting there. At first this was just a utility type disc in my bag but the more I throw it the more I'm appreciating it's surprising versatility.

Anyone thrown a soft uplink yet?

Does it have "extra fade" ?

Well I have tried to answer my own question by getting a soft se uplink. First throws in tonight... feels great, throws kinda weird. Haha. I will wait the 3 week break in period and report back.

Currently the only word I have is butter... so smooth, so straight, less fade. It does feel like it's 10-15' shorter than a broken in one... I guess I needs to knock some rim off to stretch the lines a bit. More stable on a flat release but less stable on a good anhyzer pull. Should break in to less stable all around.

Have an awesome sunburst one here in my hands! I can't wait to get out and throw this thing!

Attachments

• PXL_20220711_002657569.jpg
    PXL_20220711_002657569.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 21
Have an awesome sunburst one here in my hands! I can't wait to get out and throw this thing!

Oooh first one?! Or first soft? Either way I've seen you nice but don't remember a post.. Let me know how it works out.

I really like the uplink.. Haha I think I account for half the posts here. It drives me nuts in big wind though :D

I've removed my Piwakawaka for a couple of weeks to try and get around the Uplink. Bagging the Neutron Soft and starting to really, really like it. Parked a 230' hole on a nice controlled turnover that I usually just karate chop a FH Fireball at. It is usually a birdie, but the turnover felt classier :)

Oooh first one?! Or first soft? Either way I've seen you nice but don't remember a post.. Let me know how it works out.

I really like the uplink.. Haha I think I account for half the posts here. It drives me nuts in big wind though :D

First soft one, First one was from a gyropalosa box, like them both quite a bit. They really are awful when the wind here in Iowa gets going though. Soft feels somehow smoother to me, need to throw them both back to back a bit more for a full write up.

Well I've really been enjoying my uplink rounds, new soft vs og neutron... both 177+.. the soft is really growing on me. It seemed weird at first they released it in soft so quick but it makes sense. It's a much straighter disc, less S action. I'm only at about 3 weeks of lightish usage but it started out with less fade and less hss but it really hasn't changed much yet.

My beat(ish) neutron is still the more stable of the two. Neither is a disc that gets thrown dead flat unless I need a turn. Always a little hyzer or nose up to push straight and I've been getting some great straight flip up lazers with the soft.