• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC coverage

WeatherBug says it's raining there. If only there were some way that we could actually see conditions at the course.

No information about play, but did you know that official starter Andy Green started his 10,000th player? I wonder if the guy birdied?

My apologies to Chains, who hates it when I over write, but I want to be clear about this.

The changes in the top two cards, and the fire that is burning under Koling, can only properly be appreciated in live coverage. The fact that the USDGC can easily be seen as the #1 or #2 event on the disc golf calendar, and yet we can't get live coverage, isn't just a shame, it's a comment on the stewardship of the event by the guys running the event, and DGWT.

Many people moan about the PDGA, but this is a case where it works for us. The PDGA is ours, a member based organization, and for all practical purposes, that means we have a say in the USDGC. It is an event that comes under the title of major, and is franchised out by the PDGA. Now, Chuck and Pat have pointed out that the relationship between this event, Innova, and USDGC is more nuanced than some, mainly because Innova has made it that way, by insisting that USDGC belongs to them.

I think as members, if we find the stewardship of this event to be disappointing, in terms of coverage, then we should ask our leaders in the PDGA to take an action. To let the guys running this event know that the members, the guys who really own the USDGC, are unhappy with their stewardship. That they have an obligation to plan ahead and include our organization in the discussions, so that media coverage is assured. That DGWT be told they aren't the arbiter in terms of live coverage, but that the PDGA is, and they have to meet our desires.

Remember, there is a cost to that. If we, as members, want our organization to assure live coverage, we are agreeing that the PDGA will pay. Of course, that has always been the case anyway, now we are just making sure that we and our concerns are met in the process.

Big Jerm is on fire! -5 through 5 holes
Hate to be this guy but can we try and keep spoilers out of this thread please. There is another thread in the "Torunaments" section that is devoted to discussion.

And boy would I love to see that -5 through 5 as it was happening. :(

Last edited:
My apologies to Chains, who hates it when I over write, but I want to be clear about this.

The changes in the top two cards, and the fire that is burning under Koling, can only properly be appreciated in live coverage. The fact that the USDGC can easily be seen as the #1 or #2 event on the disc golf calendar, and yet we can't get live coverage, isn't just a shame, it's a comment on the stewardship of the event by the guys running the event, and DGWT.

Many people moan about the PDGA, but this is a case where it works for us. The PDGA is ours, a member based organization, and for all practical purposes, that means we have a say in the USDGC. It is an event that comes under the title of major, and is franchised out by the PDGA. Now, Chuck and Pat have pointed out that the relationship between this event, Innova, and USDGC is more nuanced than some, mainly because Innova has made it that way, by insisting that USDGC belongs to them.

I think as members, if we find the stewardship of this event to be disappointing, in terms of coverage, then we should ask our leaders in the PDGA to take an action. To let the guys running this event know that the members, the guys who really own the USDGC, are unhappy with their stewardship. That they have an obligation to plan ahead and include our organization in the discussions, so that media coverage is assured. That DGWT be told they aren't the arbiter in terms of live coverage, but that the PDGA is, and they have to meet our desires.

Remember, there is a cost to that. If we, as members, want our organization to assure live coverage, we are agreeing that the PDGA will pay. Of course, that has always been the case anyway, now we are just making sure that we and our concerns are met in the process.

PDGA did offer to pay. And made the contacts to Smashboxx to insure it would be possible. Jussi said no. End of Story. It is their tournament. Not franchised out by the PDGA, sanctioned by the PDGA as a major. You can't make a TD do something he doesn't want to do. I.E., you see that some tourneys still have stoke & distance holes, don't you?

Jonny V and Terry brought this up last week - but Jerm is by every ace on film... another one today!