• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC coverage

^^^ Ah, I see, frasnow. I was referring to the "keyboard warrior" post...
I really appreciate all the channels that cover the sport, and I can see them getting upset with the critiques, because as an occasional TD, I know how the squeaky wheels can diminish any props you might be getting for your effort.

I think one side needs to try and see every complaint as an attempt at a constructive critique, and the other side needs to realize that a barrage of criticism might make a dude get defensive.

^^^ Ah, I see, frasnow. I was referring to the "keyboard warrior" post...
I really appreciate all the channels that cover the sport, and I can see them getting upset with the critiques, because as an occasional TD, I know how the squeaky wheels can diminish any props you might be getting for your effort.

I think one side needs to try and see every complaint as an attempt at a constructive critique, and the other side needs to realize that a barrage of criticism might make a dude get defensive.

I'm not sure you're fully accounting for the side effects of testosterone.

Thanks for the clarification on your work situation and relationship to Jussi. I'm sorry this was a sore point for you, but I wanted to point out that progress has been made in improving DGWT coverage and to share Jussi's actual words instead of what we all think he said or think he believes. I appreciate your passion and that you are "about the future, and the positive." If you can stop attacking people instead of the argument ("ever-so-classy move", "keyboard warriors", etc.), I think we can have a richer discussion.

You just quoted 2 words out of context from a post that's over 2 years old with the caption "Jamie continues to fight with us"

...but we're supposed to believe the pure intent of your digging was to explain Jussi's vision? and then I'm somehow the attacker in this scenario? :confused::confused:

I've facilitated plenty of honest discussions about media over the years on here. Also all of that was Pre-DGWT anyway. It was effectively a different world of dg media. The only thing that hasn't changed is SpinTV isn't afraid to take chances and experiment. Not everybody will like it, but that's our MO and always has been. We always take feedback into consideration.

FWIW - the context of that quoted thread from 2015 was that everybody called Jussi "short sighted" and "wrong" for exercising control of media rights over his event, and said that we were "stalling the sport"

Fast forward 2 years - European Open is still the premiere event outside of the US, draws the biggest crowds of any dg tournament in the world, and has more mainstream TV coverage than any US event...and I mentioned some of SpinTV's milestones in a previous comment.

So, yes I was frustrated and used some sharp words, and that didn't endear me to people at the time...but if you're going to be the one to start a productive conversation it'd be decent of you to at least mention that history has proven Jussi correct in his moves so far, even when unpopular.

So, yes I was frustrated and used some sharp words, and that didn't endear me to people at the time...but if you're going to be the one to start a productive conversation it'd be decent of you to at least mention that history has proven Jussi correct in his moves so far, even when unpopular.

Jamie, I feel like you may need a burner account a la Kevin Durant. :p People are going to hate and complain out of mostly boredom and you can probably sprinkle in a little jealousy in there as well.

People (Looking at you Lyle) rattle off sooo many posts, its probably easy to mistake their rants as the opinion of the majority of people. I assure you that is not the case.

I felt terrible when McBeth had to come on here because he felt he needed to defend his back injury. While I love that people are able to express differing opinions on this forum, I think it's important to realize people spew a bunch of garbage on the internet w/out regard to anyone's feelings.

I felt terrible when McBeth had to come on here because he felt he needed to defend his back injury. While I love that people are able to express differing opinions on this forum, I think it's important to realize people spew a bunch of garbage on the internet w/out regard to anyone's feelings.

Unfortunately, relative anonymity give people a false sense of security to do or say whatever they want. We would all be better served to take a step back and make sure we would say these things if the person was face to face with us.

Jamie, I feel like you may need a burner account a la Kevin Durant. :p People are going to hate and complain out of mostly boredom and you can probably sprinkle in a little jealousy in there as well.

People (Looking at you Lyle) rattle off sooo many posts, its probably easy to mistake their rants as the opinion of the majority of people. I assure you that is not the case.

I don't remember once criticizing the quality of the broadcasts, either commentary, or structural quality. Although, I have in the past, but those things have done nothing but get better. All of my comments have been directed at management issues. Furthermore, this started with my pointing out that while the management issues were there, they should be set aside given the excellent nature of the overall event.

Jamie has real trouble with criticisms of any sort and a real inability to let any perceived criticism go. Every post I've made here has been a reply to one of his. Let me repeat that, if I get dished to, I'm likely to push back. Its a two way street. Go do a post count. Jamie has pointed out that he's made many great contributions. Thats correct, If he's hearing what he wants to hear he's a great commentator with good input. However, if anyone questions any part of Spin he goes on the attack. Furthermore, he rarely sticks to the issues being discussed. He insists on making it personal by going after those who comment, with a certain degree of snideness. Then he does the agrieved thing.

This can be compared to Harold, for example. Harold reads the criticism, makes a comment on direction or rational, and moves on. Steve Dodge, who is more confrontational, weighs the situation and comments if there is truly a misunderstanding. When he's wrong, he fixes the problem, and informs you. Its quite impressive behavior.

The overall production quality of Spin is great. It got there by hard work on Jamie's part. But that's not what the discussion was about.

Jamie has real trouble with criticisms of any sort and a real inability to let any perceived criticism go.

Lyle I was somewhat agreeing with you on that, hence my jokingly suggesting he use a burner account(s) for rebuttals.

My other assertions were trying to shed light to the fact that the loudest voice in the room doesn't necessarily represent the majority. While this should be obvious, the people that are pouring their soul into something, can be blinded by their passion.

Built, thanks for your polite reply. Yep, I admit, I do it... the loudest voice that is.

You will note that typically, if the person on the other side treats the forum with respect, even if I strongly disagree, I try and be polite, period. That's why Chuck, Steve West, Sidewinder, and a handful of others are my favorite posters. You can dish on them all you want, and they typically ignore it and reply factually. That sir takes cajones.

Built, thanks for your polite reply. Yep, I admit, I do it... the loudest voice that is.

You will note that typically, if the person on the other side treats the forum with respect, even if I strongly disagree, I try and be polite, period. That's why Chuck, Steve West, Sidewinder, and a handful of others are my favorite posters. You can dish on them all you want, and they typically ignore it and reply factually. That sir takes cajones.

Go back and read the thread again. I never attacked you once. You did direct plenty of sarcasm my way though. It starts at post 639.

I just don't think we can communicate. You throw barbs at me and then flash the victim card.

If I was in JT's shoes I'd likely be much more snarky and aggressive than he is portrayed to be.

In other news...just finished laying down some commentary with Ian for the Chase Card! Bonus coverage!

Those videos will be up tonight - Nichols, Barsby, McBeth, Johnson. If you're a FH player (or want to get better at it) you'll want to watch this round. Mad skills with the counter-clockwise spin.

In other news...just finished laying down some commentary with Ian for the Chase Card! Bonus coverage!

Those videos will be up tonight - Nichols, Barsby, McBeth, Johnson. If you're a FH player (or want to get better at it) you'll want to watch this round. Mad skills with the counter-clockwise spin.

:clap::clap:

Eff yeah, I was hoping some good video of Barsby would come out. :clap::hfive:

He drained a nice long putt to end the tourney, to the roar of the crowd. That was cool.

Amazing to see how close Paul came to catching Ricky. Thanks!

Interestingly enough, next year a super group REQUIRES live coverage and Tour Manager approval.

"First round "Super Groups" for media purposes are NOT allowed unless for live
coverage and previously approved by each player within the group and by the
PDGA Tour Manager"

So if USDGC or any other event wants to do a super group for the first round, live coverage will have to happen.

Interestingly enough, next year a super group REQUIRES live coverage and Tour Manager approval.

"First round "Super Groups" for media purposes are NOT allowed unless for live
coverage and previously approved by each player within the group and by the
PDGA Tour Manager"

So if USDGC or any other event wants to do a super group for the first round, live coverage will have to happen.

Do you have any insight about why this directive has been made?
I'm curious about the reasons behind the new rule.

Do you have any insight about why this directive has been made?
I'm curious about the reasons behind the new rule.

There's long been objections among players to the idea of super groups. Some believe that it gives players an unfair advantage to play in a super group, even though statistically that's been shown to not be the case. My guess is the push came from the players on this one.

There's long been objections among players to the idea of super groups. Some believe that it gives players an unfair advantage to play in a super group, even though statistically that's been shown to not be the case. My guess is the push came from the players on this one.

I realize statistically this is not the case...but what is the "argument" for why it would be advantageous? Is it just that the players are likely to be socially comfortable/used to playing with each other? It's an individual sport, I don't really get why it would matter.