• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Utility Disc Recommendations

Here's one more vote for the Resistor. Lightweight Resistors are awesome for overhand throws, and they're practically indestructible.

Proshop Champ Viper.

They fly so good, and you almost have to get one just for the stamp. They've been up for years, so I doubt they're going anywhere in a hurry if you're worried about replacing them.

I havent thrown a Whippet, but the Viper is the best disc at moving left in the air that I've ever seen. FAF Firebird + skips barely compares to the amount of left achieved on low line hyzers. You'll get a different line than an FB bcz you get fade so early, but so useful, and nothing else I've thrown does it (and I'm sure you're used to that flight pattern from your whippets.)

edit : http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/champion-viper.html

Legacy's new Fighter would be good. Flies like I remember a Whippet/Blaze. No glide, so OS it gets vertical and knifes in.

Resistors are fun; kinda like a Banshee / Exp1

Personally, I use an SP Helllfire and flattop color glow Gator.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

dd thief

kick my whippets...out of my bag.
just an all purpose disc. forehand,backhand,roller. more glide then a whippet.

My favorite utility disc is the XXX, but if you don't want that fast, find a glow champ whippet. I've wanted to try a champ viper because I loved fresh DX, but I never got around to it before I settled into the XXX.

Shorter range OS disc. A1 or A2. It's like a shorter firebird really, and thats what I was looking for. If even slower a RDG Stego would be good and its on sale on their site. Or a Zone if you haven't gone that route before. I'd recommend an A1 or A2 because they are unique and a good speed for short range OS shots.

Thanks guys for all the great suggestions! It looks like a number of you bag a faster/slower utility disc option, so it seems like trying to keep some distance in speed ratings between the flick and my next OS mid wasn't a bad idea. Will probably end up with either a Whippet in a premium plastic (which thanks for letting me know these are still in production, Marshall Street not having any led me to make an assumption that proved incorrect...) a Gator, or a Viper, though the MOAB looks and sounds really interesting. Again, thanks for the help folks!

isn't the moab a rebranded viper? I was also under the impression that the veteren is a straight up eagle - L rebranded, the mid range is the beadless gator, etc.

isn't the moab a rebranded viper? I was also under the impression that the veteren is a straight up eagle - L rebranded, the mid range is the beadless gator, etc.

Sort of. More of a rebranded tachyeon, which is a viper variant. The veteran is the eagle-x mold with a plus rim, the mid is the beadless gator.

deff try out a Star Whippet X, I have one and I love it. It's my go-to when i have no idea what else to throw

I have the Whippet and Flick and for the same shots I use them for I used to use high speed OS drivers but threw them a lil slower for more fade then turn. I honestly think the High speed OS drivers did better in this spot at least for me which works for me cuz I find them all over the place lol.

Innova Viper --> (retooled) Millennium Tachyon --> (retooled Tachyon 4.1 to be flatter) Hyzerbomb MOAB

I have the Whippet and Flick and for the same shots I use them for I used to use high speed OS drivers but threw them a lil slower for more fade then turn. I honestly think the High speed OS drivers did better in this spot at least for me which works for me cuz I find them all over the place lol.

I think I agree...??? Though, I am not sure exactly what was said above. What is wrong with filling the slot with that Flick?

Latest posts