• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Verdict love (cycling, plastics, prototypes, etc.)

Has anyone had Lucid beat in a bit? I've got a heavy Lucid in the bag for ~6 months, and also just recently hit something full power right off the tee and I can't figure out if it's lost fade or if I'm just "used" to it now and it seems mellow. I use it for the ~250-315' range generally, and the further it goes the less it tends to fade.

I'm using it more and more on straighter shots now, and I'm just not sure if it's because I've beat it in, or if I'm just so used to trusting its flight path and know it can just get out there on a low and hard shot, and hit the ground before it fades. The HSS still seems pretty great.

Either way, I love this mold and can't see myself switching to anything any time soon. Anything that would make me want to switch would have to be pretty amazing...

The lucid that I've used the most lost just a tick of hss but it still doesn't want to track in a headwind...it'll carry a flex anny a little longer now but still fights out of it. I pretty much always have these on low lines except for a couple holes, but the fade seems about the same as when it was new. I do think it fades a little less when I get a good solid rip with good spin, but that's me, and that's most discs. This mold had better stick around for a long time. Not too many discs I feel that way about.

Yes, my Proto Lucid has been in my bag for over a year and seems to be holding lines longer and fading more gently, but still very predictable like you mentioned (give it more power and it holds longer). I tend to use my Proto for slightly longer straight-to-hyzer shots and my stock Lucid for pure hyzers and wind fighting.

Has anyone had Lucid beat in a bit? I've got a heavy Lucid in the bag for ~6 months, and also just recently hit something full power right off the tee and I can't figure out if it's lost fade or if I'm just "used" to it now and it seems mellow. I use it for the ~250-315' range generally, and the further it goes the less it tends to fade.

I'm using it more and more on straighter shots now, and I'm just not sure if it's because I've beat it in, or if I'm just so used to trusting its flight path and know it can just get out there on a low and hard shot, and hit the ground before it fades. The HSS still seems pretty great.

Either way, I love this mold and can't see myself switching to anything any time soon. Anything that would make me want to switch would have to be pretty amazing...

Lets wake this up. It seems to be the most current (only?) verdict thread.

I have finally put an OS mid back in the bag and its the verdict. For a while there I was throwing the Harp, xxx, PD or FD (not second runs) for all the shots I would have normally thrown a stable mid.
The problem with all that is I have always relied heavily on my mids, especially powered up. Then when I did my last bag overhaul this slot got missed.

I tried a lot of discs and have finally settled it. I have been a buzzz guy on and off since the first runs. The verdict is a great compliment, it goes nearly as far, but holds a hyzer, flexes out and fades predictably. I have tried Roc, Roc3, Pain, Shark3, Bard, Wasp, Hornet, Sentinel and others. I have not bagged a very overtable mid (gator/drone) for a long time (since the Zone was released). The verdict barely beat out the shark3, availability and plastics were the final decider. The verdict was also slightly more forgiving (touch too much hyzer flips up anyway ect). The shark3 held perfect hyzers though.

Did they ever make the Verdict in a base plastic? Classic? That would make me spend money for sure...

They have not yet, but a board flat Prime Verdict is due. If you have seen the way the Prime Truths mold up and they way they are board flat, then it should follow that a Prime Verdict should be something that a lot of people would be interested in. Myself included.

Prime? That was that really cheap stuff that gets beat up really fast, right? Then I rather have classic.

Yes, several of us waiting on some kind of base-plastic (or 'Pro' level) Verdict in order to season it and carry only Verdicts. In the mean time I keep beating up my Prototype and keep a fresh Lucid for OS and a Truth for US/straight. My Proto is one of my most used discs now - getting to that great 'extra glide' and softer fade level of wear; very easy to shape lines with.

I haven't thrown a Truth, but what is the appeal of a beat Verdict compared to a Truth?

Also, is the Truth as fast as the Verdict/have to be thrown as hard to hold straight?

The Verdict is going to have more HSS for pretty much it's whole life, and can be thrown harder and with more torque without flipping - combine that with being beat-in and you can begin to shape some lines that you just really can't with a less stable (out of the box) mold. Specifically, very slow turnovers, turnovers that stay flat but still turn slowly right (where the Truth would have the wing dropped and turn over completely), and anny releases that flex or flatten at the end.

The Truth and Verdict are pretty much the same speed - though the Verdict will slow quicker due to the LSS. The Truth can be thrown straight with less power than the Verdict, and will have less fade at the same power. The Truth is very much a no-fade mid when thrown with reasonable snap.

I haven't thrown a Truth, but what is the appeal of a beat Verdict compared to a Truth?

Also, is the Truth as fast as the Verdict/have to be thrown as hard to hold straight?

The Verdict is going to have more HSS for pretty much it's whole life, and can be thrown harder and with more torque without flipping - combine that with being beat-in and you can begin to shape some lines that you just really can't with a less stable (out of the box) mold. Specifically, very slow turnovers, turnovers that stay flat but still turn slowly right (where the Truth would have the wing dropped and turn over completely), and anny releases that flex or flatten at the end.

The Truth and Verdict are pretty much the same speed - though the Verdict will slow quicker due to the LSS. The Truth can be thrown straight with less power than the Verdict, and will have less fade at the same power. The Truth is very much a no-fade mid when thrown with reasonable snap.

^^^ Exactly that. I love both of these discs. The only thing I could add as far as maybe preferring a beat Verdict over a good and/or fresh Truth is the feel in the hand. Truth has more of a normal wing on it while the Verdict is pretty shallow and compact like a Core or Buzz. There can be some overlap for some lines between the two, but they won't be quite the same disc covering all of the same shots.

Last edited:
With how much I trust the Verdict, I'd like to try the Truth at some point with how many good things I hear about it. I'm currently using the Core for that role (with less stability), and I do like how I can throw it so low powered and still have zero fade and lots of glide/distance. Also it gives me turnover lines. It's just a very easy low powered mid, and the Verdict has to be thrown harder. I'm not looking to replace my Core right now, but I am definitely interested in throwing a Truth if I see someone with one.

@SlowPlastic

The Core is closer to a Claymore, which is also an awesome disc.

IMO the Truth is closer to the Verdict in hss than it is to a Core/Claymore. You're not going to be hitting those Core turnover lines with a Truth. Also takes a little more snap to power to straight than a Core/Claymore.

If you want to play with something in between though, I cant recommend it enough. Verdict-Truth-Claymore is my holy trinity on the course, and the Truth gets more work than anything.

Yeah that sounds like the perfect setup for how I play, although I'm getting by really well with Verdict/Core for now with the Claymore as my backup for if I went OB or practice shots. If I had more wind I would definitely be interested in the Truth for more workhorse duties.

To be honest, I thought the Core and Claymore were almost interchangeable, but lately I've found the Core is much more reliable and less touchy to torque compared to the Claymore, although I've only thrown recycled Trilogy Challenge versions. They can fly very similar lines, and the Claymore feels better with the non + type inner rim, but I really feel that the Core is more consistent. If I could always throw with nearly zero OAT, then both of those discs would be very close to identical.

But everything I've heard about the Verdict is true and I love that disc, so I know if I need something in between my Core and Verdict, the Truth is likely going to be it. I have no need to bag anything less stable than the Core, it's great for flip to flat and turnover lines that keep gliding.

I would say so unless you call the Trident a Mid since they list it at speed 5. When really it's like speed 6-7.

cool that helps a lot. Trident isnt a bad mid too, doesnt really skip TOO much, I guess I could use that, but verdict seems interesting.

Latest posts