• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Verdict/Truth and Roc3/Mako 3 combos

Peter_LG

Par Member
Reading this new review of the Verdict from Dynamic Discs, it seems to me that the combo of the Verdict and Truth in the same bag would be similar to carrying a mixture of Roc3 and Mako3 discs (Holler, Paul McBeth).

http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/dynamic-discs-verdict-review/

Am I way off-base on this?

What alternative midrange combos do people use (sorry if there's a thread on here already that didn't come up when I searched)? Personally, I go a little shorter, and dig the combo of new-ish Rancho Roc, beat in KC Pro Roc for straight, and the Mako.

I haven't read the article, but have thrown these four molds quite a bit. I would say it is a semi-close comparison. The Truth has a little more stability to it than the Mako3 and the Verdict is a notch faster than the Roc3. Myself, I carry the Verdict/Truth combo because the two feel very similar in the hand. The Roc3/Mako3 feel quite a bit different. I do like the Mako3 though. It is very comfortable in the hand.

The verdict/Truth combo is more stable and longer than the roc3/mako3 combo. My best classic truth is just getting to mako3 status, and is still longer. With both, you can of course cover just about any line you need with these discs in difference weights/plastics/wear though...so I can see the comparison

Wouldn't it be the Mace as the Roc3 ? Dunno what the Mako3 comparison would be.. I've heard a heavy Fuse is similar.

the truth/verdict combo are def faster and more stable. To me the roc3 is closer to the truth than the verdict. although I really like the flights of the T/V combo I prefer a deeper grip and have the roc3 paired with a qms and a gator for wind duties

I use the roc3 / foxbat combo. roc3 for the stable/wind shots and the foxbat is straight and holds any line put on it.

Verdict/Truth is more akin to Hornet/Buzz
Good call, perfect comparison.
My Verdict is not as OS as I'd like, but since I learned that OS mids are pointless, I guess I should not worry about it.
PLEASE, don't start that again… NOT here, NOT again! :wall: haha

The tomato colored Verdict I have is very stable, and starts its fade during the middle of the flight and not the end like the Truth. Verdict dosen't necessarily feel like a different mold kinda, but a more stable version of the Truth. Almost as if a really really beat in Verdict could fly like a fresh Lucid Truth. Good combo, I bag it.

My take having bagged all original subject discs is that your combo does not line up. Roc3 is between verdict and truth flights, but closer to truth. I would put mako3 up against a fugitive as the closest comp, orig mako is slower and mor flippy.

Almost as if a really really beat in Verdict could fly like a fresh Lucid Truth. Good combo, I bag it.

Am World's Moonshine Proto Verdict after some use flies just like a really new heavy opaque lucid truth. I have a production lucid verdict as my most OS mid after the tident specialty disc. Then I have one of the moonshine am world's protos for a straight with fade verdict, a heavy lucid truth that can take some extra effort and wind, am world's hybrid truth that is straight with the slightest turn at high speed. Sometimes even have a classic truth in the bag but the one I had being seasoned is in a pond somewhere so I have to work on a new one or just use the lucids. I have so many truths it's crazy but I love them. At least two in every plastic and maybe 30 total now. Ok maybe 35. :eek:

Am World's Moonshine Proto Verdict after some use flies just like a really new heavy opaque lucid truth. I have a production lucid verdict as my most OS mid after the tident specialty disc. Then I have one of the moonshine am world's protos for a straight with fade verdict, a heavy lucid truth that can take some extra effort and wind, am world's hybrid truth that is straight with the slightest turn at high speed. Sometimes even have a classic truth in the bag but the one I had being seasoned is in a pond somewhere so I have to work on a new one or just use the lucids. I have so many truths it's crazy but I love them. At least two in every plastic and maybe 30 total now. Ok maybe 35. :eek:

Every time I take my stack of Truths for field work, I end up wanting to buy more. Not quite to 35 yet, but I'm sure I'll get there as I spend my tourny funny money this year!

Verdict/Truth is a pretty nice workhorse mid-range setup - I was formerly a Hornet/Buzzz thrower who was kind of unsatisfied with the plastic of the Hornet and the range and lack of good base plastic in terms of the Buzzz. I carry a Prototype opaque Lucid Verdict for my straight beef, a clearer stock run Lucid Verdict for my straight w/ fade slot, and two Classic Truths (one fresh, one beat). I don't throw the Suspect or Fugitive, but I do throw the Classic Roc, XD, and Zone to supplement my core mids.

What?!

My Verdict is not as OS as I'd like, but since I learned that OS mids are pointless, I guess I should not worry about it.

I love my mf gator and star caiman.
Why would you think that OS mids are pointless? I now only bag the caiman because of similarities but it is a great utility disc and I prefer beadless discs and OS always handles headwind better.

There's lmost an infinite amount of mid combos - Wasp/Buzzz - Buzzz/BuzzzSS - BuzzzOS / Buzzz - Roc3/Roc - Roc3/Mako3 - Roc/Atlas - well, I could go on and on and on..........but I'll just say that its whatever you like and are comfortable with

I just suggest having a fairly stable mid with reliable fade and then a very straight mid that can turnover when you need it. Slightly OS / Slightly US mid ---doesn't matter the make, company, plastic, weight, just whatever gives you those flights --- Ive thrown TOO MANY mids and honestly I've liked almost all of them. Aftershock, Comet, BuzzzSS, Compass, Roc, Roc3, etc
with that said like the classic combo of the Wasp / Buzzz -- but now am trying out the Matrix / Alias combo - Alias is incredibly straight so that's a staple in the bag

I'm a big fan of the Verdict/Emac combo. Been baggin it for a couple months and it has legit saved me strokes over my old RocX3/Roc3 setup. The DD mids are longer and more HSS than their Roc counterparts. Only downside is that Innova plastic is bulletproof and lasts forever, whereas Trilogy stuff beats in quick.

On the US side I still bag the Tursas, regardless of what fills the stable and OS mid slots.

Latest posts