• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Versatile Midrange Pairings

Buzzz/Vector with a Meteor. The Axis couldn't knock the Buzzz out of the bag. Nice mid though. I also carry a Zone which I use as my OS mid

i carry a lot of mids but mostly only use the buzzz and comet. the drone gets used maybe once or twice per round but its a must have when i need it. i also carry a dx roc and z wasp(because they are better and cheaper than champ rocs) and ive recently started to really enjoy the q sentinel. i could get by with fewer molds but mids are a big part of my game and i make it work. id say if you wanted i really nice combo that feel similar but cover different slots youd go with meteor/buzzz/wasp/drone. that combo pretty much gets it all done.

At my home course the nuke ape boss katana vulcan combo gets used alot on anything over 250'. I am digging drone buzzz buzzz ss comet set up( i have an oddly os esp buzzz thus the buzzz ss)

At my home course the nuke ape boss katana vulcan combo gets used alot on anything over 250'. I am digging drone buzzz buzzz ss comet set up( i have an oddly os esp buzzz thus the buzzz ss)
That buzzz should be good to 300+. No need for a 13 speed driver for 250.

Z Wasp; Z Buzzz; FLX Buzzz; and either a Crystal Buzzz or Stingray, depending on course. I also usually carry in a full bag the FLX Drone. Those cover almost any mid shot.

Some people have mentioned the Shark, but I have found my Star Shark to be dead straight and I sometimes use it as a wind putter. My star shark is not as overstable as my Z Buzzz.

Last edited:
it's disheartening so few have discovered the md2.

Cmd2 / star mako

Beat champ 'Yote and kc pro Roc. :shrugsmiley:

Still pretty new but throw Kc pro roc which is slightly US and a z buzzz which is slightly OS. Good combo for me.

I rock the meteor, buzzz(es), and gator (or drone)...all in pink of course

I have been using the Pro Shark paired with a CE QMS for my mids. I like the QMS for most shots and revert to the Shark when it is windy or I need some extra fade. I have been reluctant to take out the Buzzz though as it fills a different slot in the bag. I don't really feel comfortable approaching with the Buzzz as it seems to blow by easily. The Buzzz fills the slot of fairway driver very well though and I use it off the tee more than any other disc.

Latest posts