• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

The stink is key to the glow. Other brands are afraid of the stink and have inferior glow.

Good one. :hfive:

:( I knew I should have picked the 2 day shipping....

I actually picked the USPS three day option. A few clams cheaper than United Parcel Smashers and four days faster. I am stunned it got here in two days. Stunned but happy. :D

My Ridge and Ascent were waiting for me once I got home from work today, can't wait to throw them tomorrow morning! Or maybe even tonight.

One thing I noticed is that both of my discs are pretty slick, I'm hoping that they'll get tackier as the wear a bit, we'll just have to see.

The stink goes away after a month or two of use...or at least last years run did.

If it's slick, wash it in warm water with dish soap.

cCCEnhkl.jpg

Hi, my name is 4th Rock, and I have a problem.

Vibram Glow shipment finally came in, and I am thoroughly impressed with the glow of these discs. We charged two putters up to throw around in the backyard, and they held a good amount of charge after one shot with the UV throughout the 15 min halftime. I cannot wait to get out and throw em at night and get my first night ace with these discs! My only regret is that i should have bought more....

cCCEnhkl.jpg

Hi, my name is 4th Rock, and I have a problem.

Vibram Glow shipment finally came in, and I am thoroughly impressed with the glow of these discs. We charged two putters up to throw around in the backyard, and they held a good amount of charge after one shot with the UV throughout the 15 min halftime. I cannot wait to get out and throw em at night and get my first night ace with these discs! My only regret is that i should have bought more....

Haha my only regret is I should have bought more! Yes sir, you do have a problem

I played in a Night & Day tournament this weekend (one round during the day and one round at night), so I got a good chance to bust out my glow Vibrams from last year's run. Took a little $7 UV LED flashlight from Lowe's and glowed them right up. I only had to recharge them about every 3 holes (I wanted to be on the safe side), whereas, I had to charge my glow Zone and Gator every time I threw them. Even better was watching the people that taped LED's to their disc throw it and have the LED fly off mid-flight.

These discs fly awesome and glow even better (they were much easier to find than the discs with LED's taped to them). They are by far the best glows on the market. If you were on the fence, definitely pick some up.

How does the Summit compare flight wise to a broken in Wizard? Does it have enough low speed glide to compete with a beat up Wizard on tight low ceiling shots?

When I used my 153 Summit, I threw it like you would a Comet, very smooth. If you put some oomph on it , it was flipping over and heading right quickly. Good for hyzer flips, but I never used for long shots or teeing off, it was for approaches and easy annys in the woods. Lot less LSS than a Wizard. Thrown smooth, it was a very straight flight.

Got mine in hand already. Lace, Trak and a bunch for another dood. :hfive: Wish the weights were a tad lighter, but these should work. One thing I noticed right off.....they STINK! :sick: Way worse than all my other Vibrams. Maybe that means they will work better. :p

Smell? That's the smell of freedom, my friends. Freedom from taping LEDs. Freedom from inferior glow discs that have to be recharged before every freakin' throw. Freedom to be able to throw a Vibram in the dark without worries. God bless Vibram Glow discs!

How does the Summit compare flight wise to a broken in Wizard? Does it have enough low speed glide to compete with a beat up Wizard on tight low ceiling shots?

I've only been playing since Feb so take what I'm about to say with an extremely small grain of salt...

I just got a 167 Summit (medium) yesterday and absolutely loving it. Prior to that, I've been putting exclusively with the RFF and Eraser Wizards @175g both of which are pretty beat up.

I'm not sure if it's a weight thing/putting style, but my Summit seems to stay in the air longer compared to my Wizards. Being understable, I was able to get it to hold an anny line which was extremely useful for putting/approaching to the right of trees...somethign I could never quite get with the Wizards - guessing cause they're OS?

When using for approaches, I found it was very straight with hardly any fade...as JohnnyBee mentioned, it does flip if you put too much on it.

Anyway, I'm seriously considering putting the Wizards in storage and switching to Vibram!

When I used my 153 Summit, I threw it like you would a Comet, very smooth. If you put some oomph on it , it was flipping over and heading right quickly. Good for hyzer flips, but I never used for long shots or teeing off, it was for approaches and easy annys in the woods. Lot less LSS than a Wizard. Thrown smooth, it was a very straight flight.

Thanks for the description. I can bend a Wizard to my will, but I'm looking for something my wife can rip a little easier. The easy hyzer flip capabilities paired with a more shallow grip sounds like perfect fit for her slower arm speed and snap. I may or may not be excited to test hers out to pair with the 2 of the Ridges I just ordered for myself. Dat Vibram though.....

My glow bag is almost all vibram and last night was the first time in the rain. I noticed something odd especially with my mids & fairways. I just couldn't seem to wipe them completely dry. Much harder than any traditional plastic to dry off. The odd thing was that even with the disc a touch damp I didn't have grip issues like I would with normal plastic that was damp.

Is this normal?

My glow bag is almost all vibram and last night was the first time in the rain. I noticed something odd especially with my mids & fairways. I just couldn't seem to wipe them completely dry. Much harder than any traditional plastic to dry off. The odd thing was that even with the disc a touch damp I didn't have grip issues like I would with normal plastic that was damp.

Is this normal?

They may be a bit "oily". Some Vibram discs I have to clean with soap and water when I get them and some feel great right out of the box. I have a hard time trying to get a good grip on the firm rubber when it's wet outside, but medium and soft rubber love wet conditions!

OMG.......Vibram SOLE, where have you been all my life??? :clap::clap::clap:

Just became a Sole believer last night. Now to buy a stack that would choke a dinosaur. :thmbup:

They may be a bit "oily". Some Vibram discs I have to clean with soap and water when I get them and some feel great right out of the box. I have a hard time trying to get a good grip on the firm rubber when it's wet outside, but medium and soft rubber love wet conditions!

I agree. I found the best results washing new Vibram with Dawn and hot water before throwing them. The grip is better and I get a much better idea of how the disc will fly under normal conditions.

Got in a glow round tonight. It was pretty dark due to the clouds but I quickly found that I had to charge the back of my Summit because it was so bright that it was throwing me off putting.

It was also in the 40s and I loved how easy it was to grip it. Just really like it. Made me a believer.

I'm loving my Maple Hill 2014 Sole. Medium & Firm goodness. Looks really cool in the air too.

Is the vibram logo on top supposed to cause indentation on the bottom? The glow VP and Obex in particular have a pronounced bulge on the bottom, directly beneath the vibram logo.

Attachments

• 20141110_141758.jpg
    20141110_141758.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20141110_141916.jpg
    20141110_141916.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 10
Is the vibram logo on top supposed to cause indentation on the bottom? The glow VP and Obex in particular have a pronounced bulge on the bottom, directly beneath the vibram logo.

Yes, they do have the indent. On my VP that is where I will place my thumb when throwing a Turbo putt.

Latest posts