• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Mine is a 164. Read that flight lines are really off with the Lace on different weights. Kinda reminds of the 139 Katana I shouldnt have bought lol.

My Lace is 166 and I forehand it on a very very very tiny hyzer angle(probaby about 5°) 400-420' without any issues, it actually bumped my Nuke and Katana out of my bag because it has the same flight(don't ask why I had both a Nuke and Katana in my bag).

U get that slight turn which makes it perfect for a very shallow hyzer flip shot, which is the best forehand distance shot. The disc is also great for a high altitude forehand flex shot. I would rate it at the same stability as my 173 Volt but it has more lateral movement than the volt.

Last edited:
They don't just hit and sit, I've hit trees along the edges only to watch the wing bend down and the disc roll around it and continue it's flight path. Awesome....just awesome.

i've tossed my soft vp on a tomahawk a few times and it hit ground, taco'ed, and sprung back in the air, landed on edge and rolled away. normally it just sticks but once in a while it gets a mind of it's own.

Question. Got a friend who doesn't throw any Vibram coming with me to a Birdie Bash. He's played for sometime and it a big powerful thrower. I asked him what his go to mid/fairway drivers are and putter and he said Fiend, Teebird and Yeti. What discs should I select for him for the VBB?

Looking at the discs from the side I think the Ascent/Sole is going to be the best combo for him...or do you think I should try to pick some discs that maybe would help fill a gap instead of replace discs he already likes? Course I don't know what he may be lacking...and I doubt he lacks anything so maybe just getting him something he feels comfortable with is the best bet.

Question. Got a friend who doesn't throw any Vibram coming with me to a Birdie Bash. He's played for sometime and it a big powerful thrower. I asked him what his go to mid/fairway drivers are and putter and he said Fiend, Teebird and Yeti. What discs should I select for him for the VBB?

if he can throw a mid 300+ he probably won't need a driver at horner park. holes 6, 8, and 9 are the only ones listed on the front over 300. hole 6 is uphill and then doglegs right, it's just a tough basket to get to off of the tee shot. i've seen rollers park the shot before though. hole 8 is listed as 330 but i think it's really right around 300. straight with a bit of rhbh fade and i throw a mid on it. hole 9 is listed at 396 and is probably close to accurate. i thought about marking this a par 4 but then most people would be taking easy 3's. i'm wanting to have a few holes that reward either the long tee shot or the great upshot. the distances aren't listed for the back 9 yet, but hole 10 is right around 300. i don't recall the distance on 14, but it goes straight maybe 250 or a little longer than takes a dogleg right down a hill (same hill you play up on 6) to the bucket. this could also maybe be a 4, but i've seen shots make it a good way down the hill for a legit 2 look so i'm keeping it a 3.

those are really the only holes i'd maybe consider throwing a driver on, everything else is a putter or mid. i can get the ibex/obex out a little over 300, trak/ascent a little over 350, and can push a lace out to 400. i'm gonna play with the obex and vp, something i can throw forehand or backhand. there will be probably 10 ctp holes per round (maybe more) with vibram discs being given away. i think i'm going to let people who win discs have the option of using that disc in place of one of their others second round. so say you start with the ibex and ridge but win an ascent and wanna use that instead of the ibex i'd be ok with it...still gotta have a putter and mid or driver for the second round though.

Right on! Thanks for the additional info about the course. Might just want to get him the Obex/Sole combo then. I picked out the Ascent/Ridge for myself. Mostly because I already have Lace/Trak/Ibex/Summit/Sole/VP and just wanted some new molds to try. I'm also not as power usually. Every now and again I can really hook one up. Hope I didn't make a mistake getting the Ascent. I could have used the Obex as well. Should be fun though. Look forward to my first VBB.

the ascent would work out there also. i think it powers down fairly well and a lot of the shots are righty backhand hyzer holes. you'll be fine with those 2.

Obex/Ridge. These can both handle power and are amazingly consistent. My $.02.

Hey Mr. Dodge, do you guys still do custom colors for discs? How many would one have to buy to get something like that?

Played my first round with a Trak and 2nd with an Ibex. I've been putting with Summits for a couple of years but lately I got an itch to try the other stuff out (VBB had a hand in this).

The Trak is a really solid all-around driver. Good line-shaper, decent range. Reminds me of a premium plastic Leopard or Gazelle, maybe a bit faster.

The Ibex (firm) is interesting. It's like a touchy Buzzz or Core. Loves going straight, doesn't love extreme left or right C-shaped lines. Nearly got an ace with it today (hit the tray) and some other flirty runs so it definitely wants to stay in the bag. Cannot FH this thing to save my life though.

The thing that kind of sticks out to me about these is that they love to be thrown clean and hard, demands it really. Otherwise, they're easy to OAT and float like cement. Kind of a double-edged sword and I noticed that there was no real middle ground with these disc for the people I played the VBB with. People either hated them (b/c they had bad form) or fairly receptive (could throw a bit).

Subtle angles work best for the ibex, I ran the basket on many 300 footers most people hyzer in drivers to. I throw straight at the basket or slightly left or right depending if I want it to anny in and fall or fade in. On another note I wanna slam many drivers and sharp winged discs at cars now for running over my firm ridge I just dyed!!!! It doesn't even fly straight anymore just tracks right....I'm so pissed lol.

I have found that if you put good spin on the Ibex it floats almost too much. I love me some domey(-ish) Ibexes. They still hold the same lines but are stupid glidey.

The other day I went to my local shop to pick up a new disc. They don't carry Vibram but started telling me about the upcoming Birdie Bash and how they want to start selling Vibram but don't know much about it. They seemed to not remember me asking them a half dozen times if they were going to carry rubber. So I grabbed my bag out of the car and showed them every mold like I was selling Cutco knives. They had seriously never even seen a vibram and they get all the lost discs from the local courses. It gets kind of lonely being the only one around here using rubbers.

Latest posts