• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Summit has become my go to putter. It took a while to dial in after using Aviars.

Love the shallowness of the disc - it seems pretty fast for a putter too, which I like for longer putts.

Summit has become my go to putter. It took a while to dial in after using Aviars.

Love the shallowness of the disc - it seems pretty fast for a putter too, which I like for longer putts.
Do you drive with a Summit as well? I've just recently jumped on the Vibram bandwagon and the Summit and Sole are the only two Vibrams I don't have (yet). I drive and putt with a Ridge right now (172g medium), which I really like, but I'm interested in how a Summit would compare. I'd imagine I'd like it for putting, but I'm concerned it'd be squirrelly and turn over on drives.

The Summit is the easiest disc to hyzerflip on the planet. It flips up from almost vertical and reliably finishes right. I've never thrown it flat or with a hyzer release and had it just turn and burn. It's my short left to right tracking disc and is definitely worth throwing. Mine is 175g Firm by the way. I had a twin but sold it. I want another in a better color (the one I have now is charcoal and white).

Do you drive with a Summit as well? I've just recently jumped on the Vibram bandwagon and the Summit and Sole are the only two Vibrams I don't have (yet). I drive and putt with a Ridge right now (172g medium), which I really like, but I'm interested in how a Summit would compare. I'd imagine I'd like it for putting, but I'm concerned it'd be squirrelly and turn over on drives.

Not often, but I like to throw big sweeping annies with it on short holes, and it does very nice on those.

I have noticed somedays with strong tailwinds that the Summit will go almost as far as my other discs.

Summit is a fun, fun disc to throw. For anyone thats played DeLaveaga, I threw my Summit on 27 (Top of the World) so far to the left it looked like it was gone forever....then it flipped right and flew to within 50 of the bucket. Probably one of the coolest flights I've thrown.

Summit is a fun, fun disc to throw. For anyone thats played DeLaveaga, I threw my Summit on 27 (Top of the World) so far to the left it looked like it was gone forever....then it flipped right and flew to within 50 of the bucket. Probably one of the coolest flights I've thrown.

Man, I would love to see that!

The only problem I have with throwing my Summit off the tee is that I throw both BH and FH and most of the Summit shots are better and more consistently covered with a FH shot. That being said, my only Vibram Ace, hit earlier this year, I hit with a Summit. Go figure.

I have been looking at the Nutsacs lately. I like the idea of forced disc discipline. Sort of the Anti-Feldber bag.

Yeah, my game has been off lately, so I'm thinking about going back to my Nutsac. Think I'm going to go the Garu bag route and go VP, Ibex, Trak, Ascent. Or throw in Summit and Obex and go back to the Couplet 'Sac loadout I was rocking for a long time. I shouldnt be throwing high speed drivers anyways and not having a cornucopia of discs to pick from sure wouldn't hurt. Hell, I might as well rebuild my throw from the ground up while I'm at it.

Yeah, my game has been off lately, so I'm thinking about going back to my Nutsac. Think I'm going to go the Garu bag route...

I'm thinking about doing that. Although I just carry the discs around in my hands, it's easy with four. I do that every once in a while. Then when I go back to the full bag after I think I'm throwing really well, it goes right back to how I was throwing before >.>

Over the past week or so, I think I've proven to myself that I can play just as well (or poorly) with a three-disc NutSac of Ridge/Ibex/Trak as I can with any other combo I've played with, big bag or small bag. That's in relatively calm to slight (10mph) winds, though. If big winds prove to be something I can't overcome with those three, I'd imagine throwing in my Ascent and VP or Obex should be enough.

I think there's definitely a skill level where having a big bag is important. It's not at the Rec level where I'm at, though.

Gennataos said:
I think there's definitely a skill level where having a big bag is important. It's not at the Rec level where I'm at, though.
Amen Gennataos. I'm no pro but I think the best thing I did as a new player was to throw just a putter and fairway driver I could control and only moving up in speed or stability once I was turning my current driver (or other disc) over. That's great these 3 are working well for you. The Ridge is my favorite of those.

Last edited:

Exactly. And it's sort of embarrassing to be toting around 15 discs when I really don't throw them all that well anyways!

Exactly. And it's sort of embarrassing to be toting around 15 discs when I really don't throw them all that well anyways!
And thus, one of my quotes from my NutSac blog profile:

"...I'd be more ashamed of carrying a $200 backpack filled with 20+ discs and STILL placing 5th in Rec."

I just picked up a Lace. Is it not supposed to be understable? Mine flips up and turns right the whole time. Did I get a freak? because I really like it and wanted to get another one to keep in the bag.

If for some reason you can't find another, the Un-Lace might work. I've seen plenty of flat ones though.

If for some reason you can't find another, the Un-Lace might work. I've seen plenty of flat ones though.

Sweet, I admittedly, didn't do much research on the Lace before I bought it other than "beat-in destroyer" so I just wanted to make sure I could replace the one I have. Sounds like I'll be able to. :thmbup:

It's a flat 170g medium.
I have a pancake-flat 166g medium Lace and a domey 174g medium Lace. They fly like completely different discs for me. At my 300'ish power, the light, flat one turns a quite a bit on a flat throw and goes further than anything else I've thrown. The heavier, domey one hyzers and dies like most distance drivers do for me, usually equal to or shorter than the fairways I've thrown (Trak, Leopard, etc.).

The flat one is one of the four discs I carry, but I only bring it out on wiiiiiide open holes and only when I'm not really playing competitively.

Latest posts