• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I find the Medium Lace (and every modle for that matter) is more stable. I'd also like to give a huge thumbs up for Medium. I throw Vibram at least 75% of my throws and I really don't like the Firm.

You might be seeing more people talk about Firm on here but Vibram sells many more Mediums than they do Firms.

Thanks for the help Justin! I am definitely going to go with medium x-link!

I got my two O Laces (and a soft summit) from Justin at communitydiscs today. They look great...wish the rain would stop so I could get out and throw them. Big thanks to communitydiscs...they are top notch with great service.

I find the Medium Lace (and every modle for that matter) is more stable. I'd also like to give a huge thumbs up for Medium. I throw Vibram at least 75% of my throws and I really don't like the Firm.

You might be seeing more people talk about Firm on here but Vibram sells many more Mediums than they do Firms.

Just to expand on this: the Medium shows off more of the characteristics that make Vibram's rubber special, i.e. their durability and the grip. The Firm is so because it contains more plastic than the Medium, and as such, it's got a more standard feel (though still not mistakable for plastic). The Firm also beats in quicker than the Mediums, though still at a premium plastic pace.

I will say that, although I prefer Medium for the above reasons, I've found that the most recent run of Firm is grippier than older runs. Or at least, it seems that way to me. Still, for me, Medium is the way to go, especially when you're first getting into Vibram.

^^ glad to hear this is the normal experience people are having with vibrams. I think for anything other than putter I am going to strictly stay with medium. I think my favorite part about vibram's disc is the grip. I played today with my med. ridge and summit it was 30 degrees out and I didnt have a single problem with the disc being slick or too stiff in the cold.

8858876_orig.jpg

Promotion Details (and link to claim your free shirt): http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/free-tee.html

This would include discs purchased at our store:
http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/store.html#!/~/category/id=6919005&offset=0&sort=nameAsc

Keep it quiet, let's see how long this can be kept quiet. :popcorn:

You sound like the end of the Book of Mark in the Bible. Running off and not telling anyone despite the fact that it is written. You make me laugh in a great way Mr. Dodge.

After more lurking about on the other vibram threads, it seems that people like the feel of firm best but the medium beats in the slowest correct? for the Lace which x-link blend is tending to be the most stable?

I will eventually sell all my Firms and only carry Mediums. Also not a huge fan of the soft for different reasons. That being said, it is a personal preference and all the blends are of higher quality than any kind of pure plastic.

Took a few minutes during my lunch break today to throw my O-Lace in an open field (and a slight head wind). First impression: it's beefy. I like! Can't wait to actually play a round with it.

Noobie(ish) question. I throw a 165 M Trak mostly 300', and I am considering more Vibrams. Should I: a) go for a Lace, B) go for an UnLace, C) stay with the Trak and continue to work on it.

BTW: Next disc order will include an Ibex to challenge my MVP Axis' place in the bag.

As long as you have clean form, the unLace should provide you more distance since it is very understable and will perform well at your power level. At your power level the Lace will be quite overstable still since it is a pretty fast disc. I feel that you will really like your Ibex. It is an extremely versatile mid that has exceptional glide and the stability to handle power really well.

Thanks for the quick reply, kutz167. I was curious on the Lace since I first threw it straight for 320' on an open flat and then threw a meathook for 290' on the next hole (downhill). I'll try the UnLace to start.

Also, my Trak is flying the same as my Teebird at this point (Trak is superior in feel and durability). The two discs even landed on top of one another while I was practicing. With that in mind, would picking up an Ascent make sense right now?

Thanks for the quick reply, kutz167. I was curious on the Lace since I first threw it straight for 320' on an open flat and then threw a meathook for 290' on the next hole (downhill). I'll try the UnLace to start.

Also, my Trak is flying the same as my Teebird at this point (Trak is superior in feel and durability). The two discs even landed on top of one another while I was practicing. With that in mind, would picking up an Ascent make sense right now?

The Ascent should be more overstable (want to hook left when thrown RHBH) than the Trak. I personally carry three Ascents in the bag since they cycle well. They are known to be Vibram's most inconsistent mold, however, so it is possible to get one that isn't overstable at all. I do think the Ascent makes a nice overstable complement to the Trak, though. I would recommend one. Just wanted to inform you of the possibility that you could get a freak one.

Does anyone else wish that Vibram had X-outs at a reduced price? I know because of the lack of stamp that it is not destined to become a reality, but it's nice to dream :p haha

Wondering what the Lace and O-Lace would fly like if they had massive domes? Other high-speed drivers seem to gain a lot over over-stability when they have big domes.

Can anything be done in the disc making process to make a disc have a big(ger) dome?

I really like the glow..My glow Summit flies just like my medium, just a bit softer and a bit more grip.
I like the pink tint to them and the random multicolored dots.
However, I decided to experiment and make my Summit more pink.

91e270ca-698a-40fe-9dcf-d40f164da043_zpsa76889aa.jpg

It still glows of course. Haven't checked brightness next to un-dyed Ibex yet. I was too busy drinking beer and watching hockey.

(dye experiment link)
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98286