• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Wondering what the Lace and O-Lace would fly like if they had massive domes? Other high-speed drivers seem to gain a lot over over-stability when they have big domes.

Can anything be done in the disc making process to make a disc have a big(ger) dome?

Interesting concept.

Does anyone else wish that Vibram had X-outs at a reduced price? I know because of the lack of stamp that it is not destined to become a reality, but it's nice to dream :p haha

Vibram would never sell an inferior product without making sure they replaced the bad product. This will ultimately keep Vibram from ever selling X-Outs. And honestly I applaud them for it.

Well, I was able to throw my O-Lace today. It was cold and snowy here and of course I picked up an O-Lace with white as the main color. But, after watching Vibram Team Member Mitch Sonderfan hit a line with his O-Lace I had to try the same thing. Forget the fact that white discs disappear in snow. Sure enough, I hit the same line. Something tells me I am really going to love the O-Lace. I just need to get it through its break in period. I am only two throws in and I like the O-Lace, it fits in really well with the Lace and UnLace.

Just ordered two O-Laces from Disc Golf Center online! Hoping to get them in a a week or two. Kinda chilly here in MN & WI though so won't get to throw them too much until Spring.

I was hoping the O-Lace would be more stable than a Destroyer but it seems that is the stability for the O-Lace from what I have heard.

Vibram would never sell an inferior product without making sure they replaced the bad product. This will ultimately keep Vibram from ever selling X-Outs. And honestly I applaud them for it.

I agree they would never do x-outs, I mainly wish for the reduced price usually associated with x-outs :D

Yes, that would be nice. The best advice I have is play a Birdie Bash. I believe it is the cheapest way to get Vibram Discs.

That or find them used, I ended up getting most of my killer deals in the marketplace here. Occasionally I would stumble across one at a local retailer.

Yeah you can get some great deals here on the marketplace. I've picked up a bunch of throwers for $10ish shipped, not too shabby.

Also, finally got some glow Vibrams (Sole, Ibex, Ascent... wanted that free t shirt haha) on their way to me. Any recommendations on how to charge them? I am planning on just ordering a cheaper LED flashlight off Amazon, but wanted to know if any of you other Vibramites have found anything that just works great with glow rubber.

Probably going to try and find a good Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal to pick up an O-Lace. If the O-Lace replaces the Star Destroyers I like for FH drives, I will be back to an all Vibram bag.

Brody

I have one of these. I only carry 3 discs (Ascent, Ibex, Summit) and just leave it between the 2 discs in my bag while I'm using the 3rd disc. I also have one of these for back-up. They work fine for ease of use ... I'm much too lazy to actually build a bag with the UV LED aquarium rope....

One thing I've noticed with the stinky pigs is that if they get a good 'core' charge, they only have to be recharged a couple of times in an 18 hole round as long as it's a dark course. And yes, you want UV LED lights. ;)

Probably going to try and find a good Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal to pick up an O-Lace. If the O-Lace replaces the Star Destroyers I like for FH drives, I will be back to an all Vibram bag.

I have yet to throw my O-Lace much but it is feeling very Destroyerish. As I mentioned before I watched Mitch Sonderfan, a team Vibram member throw an O-Lace with that really nice slight turn and strong fade, much like the Destroyer. We did have a tad bit of wind that was helping that day. Still it holds up pretty good in wind. That does not mean that I am not still looking forward to the Mo-Lace for my Forehand shots.

Brody

I have one of these. I only carry 3 discs (Ascent, Ibex, Summit) and just leave it between the 2 discs in my bag while I'm using the 3rd disc. I also have one of these for back-up. They work fine for ease of use ... I'm much too lazy to actually build a bag with the UV LED aquarium rope....

One thing I've noticed with the stinky pigs is that if they get a good 'core' charge, they only have to be recharged a couple of times in an 18 hole round as long as it's a dark course. And yes, you want UV LED lights. ;)
What hempies said. UV is the way to go. I generally give whatever I'm throwing for a drive a quick charge with a small UV flashlight, and that's enough.

That does not mean that I am not still looking forward to the Mo-Lace for my Forehand shots.

I really couldn't agree more. Can't wait to throw a legitimately overstable disc from Vibram. O-Lace seems to be to the Lace what the Obex is to the Ibex = slightly more stable but definitely not OVERstable like the 420B. I really hope they call it the reLace instead of Mo-Lace, though. It fits perfectly with unLace, Lace, O-Lace.

Just played a round with some 15+mph headwinds. My Ascent can handle them, my Laces cannot. A buddy just got an O-Lace (the only other Vibram throw I personally know), and let me throw it a few times.

Two O-Laces ordered!

I still think they're fine in the wind, they turn a lot but its manageable just got tweak the angle and height. As for the olace, for some reason I can't throw my olace that far, its maybe 2/3 the distance of my laces(~450 more on a good pull), but then again the cold is starting to get to my game.

Last edited:
Just played a round with some 15+mph headwinds. My Ascent can handle them, my Laces cannot. A buddy just got an O-Lace (the only other Vibram throw I personally know), and let me throw it a few times.

Two O-Laces ordered!

Ascent is my number 1 wind disc. :clap:

Latest posts