• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Would the unLace be a good first driver or driver for a beginner? I'm thinking about buying one for rolling or for drives that I need to finish right (RHBH) and I am aware of its super understability, but seeing as it has a wide rim, would it make a good driver to loan out to newbies who tag along?

In the latest MSt video shenanigans, we tested understable distance drivers. Being the beginner disc golfer here, of course I get pinned as someone everyone's interested to see how discs fly for me.

Out of the discs we used that day my best throw was with the unLace, which I got to go about maybe 275ish with a nice bit of roll at the end. Which I was quite happy with considering I'm still new and not throwing too far yet.

Although I did have to throw it a lot to get a couple decent throws in.

I did like the feel though. Definitely made me consider getting some Vibram in the near future.

Would the unLace be a good first driver or driver for a beginner? I'm thinking about buying one for rolling or for drives that I need to finish right (RHBH) and I am aware of its super understability, but seeing as it has a wide rim, would it make a good driver to loan out to newbies who tag along?

I recently took my cousin who had just recently started playing out. His first time really throwing backhand was with me, and after having him throw a bunch of neutral mids for a while, he grabbed my unlace and let it fly. It flew by far the furthest of any of the discs he threw. It also gave him a nice full flight at about 275-300'. If you can throw without wobble, I would say an unLace will probably give you easier distance (definite possibility for more).

When i threw an unlace it went 150', flipped upside down and rolled another 50 feet before it curled around.. And that was with a massive hyzer release. I think the first run unLace i tried was a freak, but it turned me off completely to vibram after that. Other people tried it also because someone brought it to league and we were all laughing about how flippy it was being brand new.

There is a girl around here that uses one and it works okay for her (she can throw about 250') and im sure it would be good for little kids.

My wife loves her unLace. If you don't have a lot of power, they are awesome discs. About the only use I get out of mine is when I am throwing with a crazy strong tailwind. In that scenario, it flies just like my perfectly beat in Lace.

Scored an early mold VP at PIAS yesterday. I tried to use my Ridge on a hyzer on a few holes and it just flattens out and stays super stable. For $5, I couldn't pass it up.

So, the Solace is one of those discs that, as a friend says, "doesn't know what a right turn is" when thrown?

Took my brand new Trak out today to see how it flies compared to my Eclipse. It seems a bit trickier to release on the correct line--and that may be due to being new--though when put on the same line as the Eclipse carried about as far. I suspect it'll carry farther if I put more air under it; I tend to throw low lines most often. I like it so far.

I heard on Facebook the new disc coming out from Vibram is a stable-to-understable fairway driver being called the Valley. That's the latest. I'm sure Steve will confirm or deny pretty soon!

Hmmm...
I dig Vibram discs. I carry VP, Sole, Summit. I sometimes carry the mids too. I carried Traks and Ascents for a while (Traks for a long while) and even flirted with the Lace and O-Lace. Generally, I really dig the company, vibe, image, and the putters -- the putters are so good.

Anyway, I went to sign up for a local BB and then "whattheheck?".
Anyone know why it offers choice of DISTANCE drivers at registration, as opposed to fairway drivers? The closest Bash to me is on a course with the longest hole being 303' downhill. What the heck good is an O-Lace going to be for that?
Anyone know how and why that decision happened? Or does anyone know which speed 13 driver powers down the best for 275' flat holes through tight treed fairways with a low ceiling?

Davidrboy I answered your question in the Birdie Bash thread if you want to check over there.

Thanks. This (below) question makes better sense over here:

What one disc would you choose for a course with holes from 185'-303'. Crank on a Ridge? Hyzerflip an Ibex? Or float flex-putts with a frsh Obex?
Basically makes it a one disc tournament. Is this just how it is going to be? Damn shame.

My suggestion is a Ridge or BP and an O Lace or Solace. You can use the OS drivers for overhands and sidearms, and the driving putters for most other holes. That's just me though.

Vibramdiscgolf.com...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tester Team.jpg
    Tester Team.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 140
What's going on here?
Is Vibram jumping into the Blizzard/Z-Lite territory?

Attachments

• 909671_orig.jpg
    909671_orig.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts