• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Chunks came in the mail today and I couldn't be happier, unless I could add a Ridge Chunk to the collection...

chunks.jpg

Those are pretty cool looking. Not necesarily my taste to a T but still cool. Anyone have one of the darker blue Acsents that look crazy awesome minus the fact that they will disappear in water?

Anyone have one of the darker blue Acsents that look crazy awesome minus the fact that they will disappear in water?
Excellent! My VP is that color and gets replaced by a bright Drone as soon as the Sun starts going down. It's damn dark (blue).

where did you get those?

I know two of them used to belong to someone in Virginia ;) , I just found the picture of one of the VP's and a Summit from last February, but I not sure if he got the whole lot from this individual.

I knew I had seen that VP before, it was killing me. Took me like an hour to find it. :doh:

Question for you Steve,

Are you back into testing how well professional dye works out on the discs? We discussed this in person last June. It is not imperative or anything, just wondering. I was thinking of this because recently I purchased two dyed Ascents from this ebayer.

Because I do not know how to embed pictures into this replies yet, here is the ebay link to a new auction of the exact two I have already purchased. I really like the faded look over the marblized color, so I know that it is possible. Instead of dye, is there a possibility that the lines in the design are going to be sharper and thinner (allowing intricate designs) in the near future than the Green and Black X currently available?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIBRAM-1ST-RUN-...385?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c1699481

Vibrams dye okay, there are a few issues. 1) They blurr crazy fast. No fault of the manufacturer but it is the nature of the material. 2) The colors don't pop as well on rubber as on plastic, again nature of the disc. 3) Substrate color, the factory set color is often harder to deal with than plastic... again material. 4) The logo, this is a debated subject that I'm not going to go into here.

those vibram dyed discs are so dang sharp

i've looked in the market place and haven't seen anyone selling those. i would have figured someone would have bought a stack of ten, kept one and sold the rest but i haven't seen anyone do that yet.

those vibram dyed discs are so dang sharp

i've looked in the market place and haven't seen anyone selling those. i would have figured someone would have bought a stack of ten, kept one and sold the rest but i haven't seen anyone do that yet.

are you talking about the chunks?
that's different colors of rubber molded together not a dye.

they're relatively hard to find. i think someone said the number is around 100 for each mold so that ends up to 300 total.

are you talking about the chunks?
that's different colors of rubber molded together not a dye.

they're relatively hard to find. i think someone said the number is around 100 for each mold so that ends up to 300 total.

Less than that.
Only the VP and Summit were approved when Dodge ran them, the Ridge was still a prototype.

He did run very few proto Chunk Ridges, which are all in the christmas colors, at least I have never seen a Chunk Ridge in any other color scheme.
ridges.jpg

ridge2.jpg

I really like the idea of chunks. I like the marblized ones too. Basically, anything with varying colors are good for Vibram because to be honest the solid colors in rubber do nothing for me. They are hard to see from a distance because they do not have the reflective sheen most plastics, especially premium discs, have. I have two red/maroon Ascents that are nearly impossible to see in lower light or out of the side of your vision. I have a really nice marblized yellow Ridge that has been in my bag since day one and two awesome marblized oranges with the Monster drink logo dyed on top.

So I just found out today that there have been some issues with the soft x-link material becoming too slick after use. Has anyone out there run into this problem? Apparently when the rubber looses some moisture this happens. I also heard a possible solution to this problem is washing your discs in your laundry machine. Once again, all rumor but I would love to hear if anyone has had this problem or tried this solution.

So I just found out today that there have been some issues with the soft x-link material becoming too slick after use. Has anyone out there run into this problem? Apparently when the rubber looses some moisture this happens. I also heard a possible solution to this problem is washing your discs in your laundry machine. Once again, all rumor but I would love to hear if anyone has had this problem or tried this solution.

I was looking for a soft VP today but could not find one. Fondled a few soft Ridges but could not pull the trigger. Picked up a used Discmania P2 to try in the meantime because it feels more like a mid than a putter. I am curious to hear if there are any problems with the Vibram softies. I am sure I would not like it during the rest of the year, but I am definitely looking for a reliable winter putter.

I really like the feel of my SSS Voodoos but they have a slight higher drop rate than I would like. For me the Ridges are a far better approach than putter. I like muscling my Zones but they are better at really long putts than close up. The one VP I have seems to be a good alternative but the X-Link is as hard as a rock right now in this tundra. I had a Gumputt in my hand today and was willing to try it for novelty sake since I could not find the soft VP, but I like I said I went with the P2. I guess I will wait to hear back about these rumors before I spend any Christmas money on them.

Steve Dodge, I picked up a few vibram mini's and love them. I was told the black one I got was part of the proto run/first run is there any truth in that or do you have black ones made all the time? I guess the moral of the question is was the guy full of crap? Thanks

Because the Xlink soft is the most "rubber" of all the materials it runs into different issues than plastic. However I haven't heard anything about the xofts becoming slick over time and I've had mine since before they were in general production. The issue they do run into is if you leave them exposed to the sun/elements to long then they become very brittle.

As far as the slick I have only heard that on newer vibram discs and that is easily fixed by a couple of rounds or a washing with dish soap or borax.

It was a very Vibram Christmas for me and I just had to share. Plus I finally have a picture of my sweet dark blue swirl Ascent.

picture.php

Oh, the Ridge is money in the bank. Drove with it on two holes and dueced both.

I really like that blue Ascent. Bet it sure looks purdy in the daylight. Might want want to keep it in the bag when the sun starts heading towards the horizon. Without a plastic reflective sheen on these discs, they are quite easy to lose in low light.

When Vibram can figure out how to make clear rubber discs so we can stick lights to them, that will be an awesome day.

Steve,

Can you please tell me what the name of your rediculously soft gummy floppy putter is? I tested one out at Am Worlds this year and it was awesome. But you said you weren't quite into the full production of them yet.

Did you end up making these available for the market as well? and if so, where can I buy a few of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.